Author Topic: PSR-SX900 Arrives  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Joe W

PSR-SX900 Arrives
« on: November 24, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
My Tyros5-76 is now gone and in its place is the new PSR-SX900.  I now have a bit more room in my study.  I love many of the new styles; they sound better than those in earlier models.  Coping with the new interface is both easy and difficult.  The touch screen works fine, but the lettering is often too small to easily see and comprehend.  And, of course, while many of the same functions are available, they are not in the same place one would expect from prior experience with earlier models.  It is going to take some study to get comfortable with operations.  When I do understand things more clearly, I'll start putting out some new "Lessons" on the main site.  One of the first ones will have to be how to copy a folder of styles (from one of the PSR Tutorial style collections) into the User area of the PSR-SX. In the meantime, I'll just have some fun playing the new keyboard.
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, hans1966

Offline Del B

Re: PSR-SX900 Arrives
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 05:50:51 PM »
congrats Joe on your new keyboard have hours of fun

saxxman

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »
Congrats Joe! You are going to find this keyboard to be "quite wonderful"! Love mine! Have fun and thanks in advance for your posts on this great new instrument!

Offline ton37

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 06:24:59 PM »
Dear @JoeW, I sincerely wish you the new keyboard. I assure you that you will like the potential and quality of the sounds. Of course there is an investment in getting to know the operating system, but that is also part of the fun, right? I have a number of 'old' styles of the Tyrosses and PSRs from the collections of this beautiful forum! adjusted with the preset voices of the SX using the style creator and then you hear how beautiful the voices and drums of the SX sound in that 'new' style. More fresh and clearer. I even use my PA a lot less because the speakers sounds really good. Have fun with it .... ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »
Congrats Joe!! Have fun!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

blackpool

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 08:22:54 PM »
Great news Joe .... sure you will love it !!

Mine went in for repair ( lost all memory )  so i get a new one next week - as they cant repair it, which i am looking forward to.

The new system is great and easy to get around .... only issue i have is moving between files and folders, you need to remember where you came from, as the last file used is not highlighted when you go back, unlike psr and tyros screens, although there is an indication in the left corner of the file origin. I really miss this facility.

I have been waiting a LONG time for a PSR, compact with a Genos OS and it is here at last.Like you, i dont have the space really for a 76. I also like the compact layout, stuff is really handy on the fly, unlike a Genos or Tyros 76.
I really only use the touch screen for set up and like to use actual controls on the fly. so this keyboard is super!

Cant wait to see your tutorial contributions on this model .... i have had some great files from you for my other models.

Thanks - Keith . UK.

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 11:18:25 PM »
Awesome, Joe! I wondered if the screen text might be a bit too small to see for myself. Where did your Tyros 5 go? Didn't want to keep both?

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline hans1966

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 12:39:16 AM »
Hi Joe, I congratulate you on your new keyboard. It is a different operating system from the previous models but you will soon get used to it. have fun!!. Regards.
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline metcam

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 06:09:47 PM »

Congrats Joe!!!
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 06:48:05 PM »
Congrats ;Good Stuff Joe ;hope you keep enjoying what the Sx900 can do.
Craig "Keyboardist"
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 08:30:34 PM »
Joe, Congratulations on your SX900, enjoy.   I just picked mine up yesterday and think Yamaha did a great job with this new board.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
Hi Joe,
 Just as easy to copy folders to USB and then transfer them to 900. Just have to  select the little folder icon at the top of the screen Select Copy then select the folder Press Copy again and select User then press Copy Here. Done.

Have Fun