Author Topic: Do the converted PSR740 styles exist that can be uploaded to my PSR SX900?  (Read 1512 times)

Bosauthor

I realize these are different formats but wondered if there were converted styles available that would work.
Thanks for any clues if this is possible (or a pipedream!)

Offline overover

Hi Bosauthor,

PSR-740 Styles are in the "SFF1" format. Current models use "SFF2" format (also called "SFF GE"), but can also play "SFF1" Styles of course.

You can download all PSR-740 Preset Styles here as a zip file:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/styles/psr-740/740-preset.zip

Just unzip the file and all 16 additional zip files contained therein to a new folder on your computer and copy the folder to a USB stick. On the SX900 you can play the Styles directly from the USB stick.

Alternatively, you can download just a few specific Style categories. On the PSR-740 Style site, click on the name of a Style category (e.g. "8Beat") to download it as a zip file:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-740.html

On the bottom of that site you can find many other PSR-740 Styles.

Have fun! :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Fred Smith

I realize these are different formats but wondered if there were converted styles available that would work.
Thanks for any clues if this is possible (or a pipedream!)

Yes, they are different formats, but your new keyboard can handle the old styles.

It's the other way around where you need to convert (trying to use a new style on an old keyboard).

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Bosauthor

Thanks so much, guys!
Can’t wait to try this.
My very best for your generosity.
Sincerely,