Author Topic: Can a T4 Reistration Include a WAV or MP3 file?  (Read 5064 times)

bobsaved

Can a T4 Reistration Include a WAV or MP3 file?
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:53:59 PM »
Hi.

Just had a wonderful experience getting a memory full error resolved on this website.
I am so thankful to those who helped.

New issue: Is there a way to link a wav or MP3 file to a registration like we can a song file?
Or just convert it I suppose?

Thank you all in advance!

Bob :)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Can a T4 Reistration Include a WAV or MP3 file?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
Hi.

Just had a wonderful experience getting a memory full error resolved on this website.
I am so thankful to those who helped.

New issue: Is there a way to link a wav or MP3 file to a registration like we can a song file?
Or just convert it I suppose?

Thank you all in advance!

Bob :)

WAV file, yes. MP3 file, no. WAV file must be proper format: 16-bit, 44.1khz, stereo.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 09:46:27 PM »
... Is there a way to link a wav or MP3 file to a registration like we can a song file?
Or just convert it I suppose? ...

Hi Bob,

just load the wav or MP3 file in the Audio Player and memorize it to a Registration:

Press [Select] button repeatedly, until you "Audio (Simple)" is displayed. Then tab to the locatian of the audio file (HD1 or USB1) and select the desired file to load it. Press [Exit] to close the Audio Player display.

Then make all the desired Panel settings and memorize it to a particular Reg button. Important: Be sure to have ticked "Audio" checkbox in Memory dialog, additonally. Finally save your Reg BANK.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:10:26 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 09:54:07 PM »
Hi Bob,

You can save an audio file (or rather a link to it!) in a Tyros4 registration, and it can be either a .wav fie or .mp3 as long as it is correctly formatted as per the T4 requirements!

I have lots of registrations on my T4 which include .mp3 audio files.  Since my music reading abilities are a bit rusty, I use audio files to learn songs, and so I am not bothered that the quality might be less than that of an uncompressed .wav version, although they are saved in quite a high bit rate and my 'cloth ears' would not be able to tell the difference anyway!   :'( :-\ 

As long as you can load and play an audio song in the T4 Audio Player/Recorder, then you can add it to a registration by ensuring that the  'Audio' group is checked when you memorise the reg.

If the 'Audio' group is checked when you memorise the reg., in addition to the audio file used, the reg. will also save the playback level (volume) as set on the Mixer.

Remember that if the audio file was loaded from USB when the reg was memorised, the same USB must be connected anytime that you use that reg., since that is where it will expect to find the audio!  You might like to consider first copying the audio to the T4 hard disk, then loading it into the player from there before memorising the reg.  When you use the reg in future, it will then look for the reg on the HDD which normally will always be connected!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector

bobsaved

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 12:41:11 PM »
Once again you folks come through! Thank you.
This is so helpful.
Bob