Author Topic: Registrations - How to file Voices, Styles, Lyrics, Multip's and Reg's together?  (Read 2417 times)

1ManBand

In order to keep the Registration from loosing the path to custom V, S, L and Mpads, I understand they all need to be in the same folder.  I am assuming folder means a folder to be placed in one of the following on the keyboard's "User, HD1 or USB1, etc".  Can anyone direct me to an existing video or tread to show me how this is done?

Offline XeeniX

Hi,

I suggest you have a look at the workshops that are on this site

https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/workshops/index.html

You can also have a look at quite a lotof tutorial videos on you tube. I get these results on you tube when I search for: create registration yamaha. So I bet there are even more of these videos when you are a bit creative with words :)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=create+registration+yamaha

regards,
Peter

Offline Fred Smith

In order to keep the Registration from loosing the path to custom V, S, L and Mpads, I understand they all need to be in the same folder.  I am assuming folder means a folder to be placed in one of the following on the keyboard's "User, HD1 or USB1, etc".  Can anyone direct me to an existing video or tread to show me how this is done?

That is not correct.

A registration will happily find a file in any folder on any connected drive. You could have a style in one folder on one drive, and a multipad on another folder on another, and the registration will work flawlessly.

The key is the once you've memorized a registration, you cannot move (or rename) any file the registration references. Or, if you do change a file name or location, you have to re-memorize the registration.

Other things to remember:
-- you don't have to put files in folders; they can be in the root of the drive
-- you can move a registration anywhere, or rename it, and it will still work

That's all you need to know to manage registrations successfully.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

1ManBand

Thank you very much Fred Smith for your reply!

1ManBand

And also, Thank you very much Peter for your reply and help!