Author Topic: How do I get a clean slate to make my own registration?  (Read 4259 times)

Online Toril S

How do I get a clean slate to make my own registration?
« on: November 29, 2019, 09:15:23 PM »
Hello friends :)
I want to make my own registrations on Genos, but the last onw from the playlist comes up every time, and I can't get rid of it. Now New button to make a fresh one. I obviously missed something here..
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline abr

Re: How do I get a clean slate to make my own registration?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 09:44:29 PM »
Hi Toril

Fred Smith has some excellent Tutorials on Registrations

also you could  Watch videos from Mike Mixon of Keyboard America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0BDv6U9ufQ.

there is lots of tutorials on Keyboard America.

regards
Arthur
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:46:10 PM by abr »

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 09:48:19 PM »
Hi Toril,

it is exactly the same thing on all PSR-S(X) and Tyros models and on Genos:

It doesn't matter if a particular Reg button is empty or not: Make the desired Panel settings, press [Memory] button, make sure to have ticked the "right" checkboxes (parameter groups) and press the Reg button on which you want to memorize the current Panel settings.

If you want to CLEAR some Reg buttons (from the originally loaded Reg bank), you can do this in "Regist Bank Edit" display. Here you can delete OR rename individual Registration(s).

Then SAVE the Registration BANK. Important: Type in a new filename for your new bank. The originally loaded bank will NOT be changed in this case.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:52:43 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online Toril S

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 09:54:54 PM »
Thanks a lot Chris. 🌲🌲And Arthur🌲🌲
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 09:56:34 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »
Hi Toril,

As well using the Edit function (confusing function name in my opinion, since I suspect most users would think that it can be used to edit the contents memorised in an existing button) suggested by Chris, you can also clear the current contents of the 10 registration memory buttons when you turn on your Genos by holding down the second right-most key (F#6) and turning on the power.

However this is not very convenient if the keyboard is already on!

Whichever means you use to create the 'blank registration bank', once you have done it, I suggest that it is best to save a copy of it,  and then you can simply load this anytime you want to start a new bank.

If you do this, and then memorise new setups to the panel buttons, just remember to change the name of the bank before saving it, in order to avoid overwriting the blank bank!

I have attached a blank Genos registration bank to this post for convenience.  The double underscore characters at the start of the name should ensure that on in the Registration Bank selection screen it typically appears at the start of any registration bank files (but obviously after any folders).  You can of course rename this to whatever you like!

Regards

Ian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Toril S

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 10:37:25 PM »
Thanks a lot Ian!  :) :) I finally managed to do it right, still struggling a little with this. Now I have to decide if I want all regs on USB or in user. I guess it is convenient to have them on the USB device, than I can transfer to another Genos if need be.
Guess I will get the hang of it in time.

Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 12:09:15 AM »
Thanks a lot Ian!  :) :) I finally managed to do it right, still struggling a little with this. Now I have to decide if I want all regs on USB or in user. I guess it is convenient to have them on the USB device, than I can transfer to another Genos if need be.
Guess I will get the hang of it in time.

On a Genos, you want them on User. So much more convenient, and you’ll never fill up the 62gb.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 12:22:50 AM »
Hi Toril,

yes, you CAN use such an EMPTY Registration bank, if you like this method. But it is NOT necessary to do so, as I described above.

There is also a third way: Make a "Template" Registration bank, in which you memorize all your Standard settings (e.g. Splitpoints, Fingering, Pedal settings ...) on the first Reg button and leave the other Reg buttons BLANK.

If you want to start with "well-defined" settings in the future, then load this bank and press Reg button #1 first. Then you can make the desired settings on all Reg buttons and finally save the bank with a new filename. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:00:11 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online Toril S

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »
Thanks Fred and Chris!😀🌲
Toril S

and PSR-47.