Author Topic: FC7 Pedal  (Read 2795 times)

Senn5

FC7 Pedal
« on: November 29, 2019, 03:16:27 PM »
Just purchased one of these for my new sx900 and just wondering about which foot pedal jacks most of you are using. (1 or 2)
I'm a little confused about why two input jacks.
Can it be used for example to turn on recording ( If one track is armed for recording)feature at a certain location in a song while it is playing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: FC7 Pedal
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 04:07:21 PM »
Just purchased one of these for my new sx900 and just wondering about which foot pedal jacks most of you are using. (1 or 2)
I'm a little confused about why two input jacks.
Can it be used for example to turn on recording ( If one track is armed for recording)feature at a certain location in a song while it is playing?

Either one will work. There are multiple input jacks (Genos and Tyros have three) to allow people to use more than one pedal (volume, sustain, registration advance, etc.).

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

rcpilot

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 04:07:38 AM »
AND on Tyros and/or Genos you can use a MIDI pedal setup for multiple switches and pedals and controllers (Yamaha FC-10 I think it is) OR other midi pedals for organ pedals or function switches (Roland PK-5 as example).
Lee

Offline Enildo

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 10:16:17 PM »
Hello,

I like to use the first one for Sustain and the second one to turn Vocal Harmony on and off.
I also use the second for special functions depending on the need.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Enildo

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 10:25:22 PM »
I use only two FC5 pedals. They help me a lot and are very light to carry. I don't feel the need to have another type of pedal. I wanted yamaha to add one more pedal input to the PSRs, like Tyros and Genos, so that would have one more function available on the foot. If I could have 1 dozen pedals, I'd use them all! Lol ;D ;D ;D

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 10:41:42 PM »
I'm using 2  FC-3 piano type pedals which with most of these pedals of your choice you can use 1 or 2 to your liking and set it up in the configuration menu; Sustain,etc

Craig "Keyboardist"
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page