Author Topic: re-install my premium packs in Genos  (Read 7403 times)

re-install my premium packs in Genos
« on: November 29, 2019, 11:47:09 AM »
Hi
I have lost my 5 purchased premium Expansion Packs packs in my Genos, and can't seem to find the procedure to load them again. No help on the search function here.
Do I use the YEM, of go to Yamaha direct and download again?
Dennis

Offline Stijn

Re: re-install my premium packs in Genos
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 01:49:28 PM »
Go to https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/ ,Log In  and go to the page called My Library; there you'll find all your purchases and you can download them again.

Yes, you will have to use YEM to install the packs.

If you updated to Genos Ver 2.0, you must get your Instrument info file (Genos_InstrumentInfo.n27) from your Genos (Menu 2 - Expansion) and save it to a USB drive.
It is needed for the new YEM (ver 2.6). You will have to delete the previous Genos (under target) and import the new info file.

Then install your packs.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:58:43 AM »
Hi Stijn
Thanks for the detailed procedure to install again.
The thing is that I must have done this when I bought the Genos, but because of my 4 score years and 5, I couldn't remember how to.
Thanks again
Dennis.

Offline Stijn

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »
Hello Dennis,

Here are some basic instructions that may help you.

The first time I would recommend using the USB drive, saving as ‘Pack Installation File  *.cpi - see instructions

Regards,
Stijn (3 score years and 9)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 06:27:58 PM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

The following users thanked this post: Armand, balcino

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »
It is recommended that you install the superior pack to the YEM and then tick all the other packs you want to be loaded as well. Make an install file using the normal method CPI file. It will format and then load all your packs in. After this if you should want to add another pack then leaving all the other packs ticked just tick the new pack and make the install file using CQI file. Now the new install will only add the new pack to the keyboard without formatting first.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »
It is recommended that you install the superior pack to the YEM and then tick all the other packs you want to be loaded as well. Make an install file using the normal method CPI file. It will format and then load all your packs in. After this if you should want to add another pack then leaving all the other packs ticked just tick the new pack and make the install file using CQI file. Now the new install will only add the new pack to the keyboard without formatting first.

Hi Eileen,

I found out after testing that you have to tick always ALL the Packs you want to have on the keyboard (also if you make a Quick Pack Install file).

If you tick only the NEW Pack (and untick the other Packs), the Quick Install file will install the new Pack, BUT the other, previous installed, Packs will disappear on the keyboard at the same time.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 10:35:04 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 01:38:12 PM »

Hi
I can see that this is causing a lot of problems, not only to me, but others too.
I did try again yesterday without success, but with Stijn, Eileen and Chris's help, I should be able to make it this time.
I did manage to save the Superior Pack to the user area. so I don't need it in YEM.
Thanks again for this great Forum
Dennis

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 12:10:52 AM »
Yes I did say you need to keep the other packs you have loaded ticked and then of course also tick the new one.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 12:14:00 AM »
Hello Dennis,
  The Superior pack needs to be in the YEM if you want to use the new voices. The playlist will also pick the styles up from the YEM.

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 01:56:20 AM »
... I did manage to save the Superior Pack to the user area. so I don't need it in YEM. ...

Hi Dennis,

if I understand you correctly, you have now installed the Superior Pack directly on the Genos (using the .cpi file included in the download, so WITHOUT using the YEM).

Of course this works that way. You can also use the Playlist belonging to the Superior Pack as normal (if it's folder has been copied properly to a USB stick).

BUT: As soon as you want to install MORE packs, you still need to import the Superior Pack into the YEM (using the .cpf file). Because with the installation of further packs the Superior Pack would be DELETED on the Genos in any case.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:03:20 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »
Have not had the time to install my purchased packs yet, but the Superior Styles are there in YEM.
Have saved them from YEM to the user area.

Eileen reminds me that they would probably not contain any of the new voices, that's ok, as can now be edited to suit me.

Regards
Dennis

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 10:53:37 PM »
Quick install not available
Still cannot load one pack at a time into Genos
Have to load the lot every time 
What a pain.
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 11:43:02 AM »
After updating the YEM you have to do a normal load first into keyboard After that you can use the quick install by leaving all your packs ticked and just adding a tick to the pack you want to add. You then choose CQI method to create the pack. Works fine for me.