Author Topic: Genos Superior Pack: suggested songs  (Read 8489 times)

Offline porterma

Genos Superior Pack: suggested songs
« on: November 27, 2019, 06:03:18 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has created a list of songs that match the new styles from the V2.0 Superior Pack that came with the latest Genos upgrade.
If you have such a list I would really appreciate a copy.

Thanks,

Mark

Offline panos

Re: Genos Superior Pack: suggested songs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 06:53:38 PM »
Hi Mark,
download the Bonus Playlist for Genos V2.0 Superior Pack(99kb)

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html

Yamaha already made registrations with the songs to play with the bonus pack.
It is a .zip file.
The registrations have the original song names.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 09:44:35 PM »
Do you have a direct link to the playlist file?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 10:33:50 PM »
Here are the instructions:

Readme File / Playlist for Genos V2.0 Superior Pack

(1) Files

PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack (folder) : YES
    ReadMe File (.txt) : YES

(2) How to use Expansion Pack Project File
    1. Unzip the download files using preferred computer program.
    2. Copy "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" folder onto root folder of USB storage device.
    3. Connect your USB storage device to the USB TO DEVICE terminal.
    4. Call up Playlist function by pressing [PLAYLIST] button.
    5. Choose the Playlist you want to play by choosing Preset -> User -> USB -> PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack -> Playlist file.
    6. Push [PLAYLIST] button again, and you can see the playlist of your choice.
    7. If you press check mark or load the Playlist Record, Genos is ready to play.
    8. Each Playlist Record contains several Registration data to play the song.

(3) Notice
    -Make sure you copy "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" folder onto your root folder of USB storage device.
    -Make sure no other USB storage device is connected to Genos.
    -If you change the name of files/folders, Playlist will not work.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:27:37 PM by panos »

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 10:49:40 PM »
TITLE   FILEPATH   REGIST   OPENVIEWER
Adios Amor   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Adios Amor.rgt   0   OFF
Ain't No Mountain High Enough   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ain't No Mountain High Enough.rgt   0   OFF
Circle Of Life   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Circle Of Life.rgt   0   OFF
Dich zu lieben   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Dich zu lieben.rgt   0   OFF
Don't Cry For Me Argentina   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Don't Cry For Me Argentina.rgt   0   OFF
Everybody's Talkin'   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Everybody's Talkin'.rgt   0   OFF
Fading   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Fading.rgt   0   OFF
Felicita   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Felicita.rgt   0   OFF
Gold   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Gold.rgt   0   OFF
Gonna Build A Mountain   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Gonna Build A Mountain.rgt   0   OFF
Hinterm Horizont gehts weiter   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Hinterm Horizont gehts weiter.rgt   0   OFF
How D'Ya Like Your Eggs In The Morning   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/How D'Ya Like Your Eggs In The Morning.rgt   0   OFF
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You).rgt   0   OFF
I Want To Know What Love Is   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/I Want To Know What Love Is.rgt   0   OFF
Ich schick Dir einen Ballon   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ich schick Dir einen Ballon.rgt   0   OFF
In My Mind   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/In My Mind.rgt   0   OFF
It Must Have Been Love   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/It Must Have Been Love.rgt   0   OFF
It's A Beautiful Day   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/It's A Beautiful Day.rgt   0   OFF
Jolene   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Jolene.rgt   0   OFF
Love Is In The Air   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Love Is In The Air.rgt   0   OFF
Magic Moments   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Magic Moments.rgt   0   OFF
More Than A Woman   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/More Than A Woman.rgt   0   OFF
Mosaik   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Mosaik.rgt   0   OFF
My Kind Of Girl   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/My Kind Of Girl.rgt   0   OFF
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.rgt   0   OFF
November Rain   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/November Rain.rgt   0   OFF
Ob Du glaubst oder nicht   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ob Du glaubst oder nicht.rgt   0   OFF
On Days Like These   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/On Days Like These.rgt   0   OFF
Party Hitmix   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Party Hitmix.rgt   0   OFF
Rockabye   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Rockabye.rgt   0   OFF
San Pedro   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/San Pedro.rgt   0   OFF
Schone Urlaubzeit   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Schone Urlaubzeit.rgt   0   OFF
Sex Bomb   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Sex Bomb.rgt   0   OFF
Sexy   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Sexy.rgt   0   OFF
Slowenischer Wein   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Slowenischer Wein.rgt   0   OFF
Speechless   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Speechless.rgt   0   OFF
Stark   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Stark.rgt   0   OFF
Stimmen im Wind   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Stimmen im Wind.rgt   0   OFF
Stop In The Name Of Love   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Stop In The Name Of Love.rgt   0   OFF
Suspicious Minds   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Suspicious Minds.rgt   0   OFF
Sweet Caroline   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Sweet Caroline.rgt   0   OFF
Take On Me   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Take On Me.rgt   0   OFF
The Impossible Dream   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/The Impossible Dream.rgt   0   OFF
The Logical Song   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/The Logical Song.rgt   0   OFF
Ti Amo   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ti Amo.rgt   0   OFF
Tonight   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Tonight.rgt   0   OFF
Trompetenecho   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Trompetenecho.rgt   0   OFF
Walzer der Liebe   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Walzer der Liebe.rgt   0   OFF
Warum hast Du nicht nein gesagt   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Warum hast Du nicht nein gesagt.rgt   0   OFF
What About Us   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/What About Us.rgt   0   OFF

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 11:26:28 PM »
Thanks a lot Panos😀🌲
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline porterma

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 12:17:29 AM »
Thank you Panos.
I appreciate he help, and I will do exactly what you have outlined.
I know when I got the Genos I was able to get a list of all the styles the Genos has and what songs were recommended for each style.
I thought someone might have put this together to share.
Thanks very much for all your help.

Mark

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 07:55:13 PM »
Hello friends!
I was able to load the playlist, and did according to instructions, but I get error messages on some entries that the style files are not found. What to do? What styles are the playlist not finding? The preset ones? Because I hear some of the songs are set up with the new styles? Grrrrr! Hate it when things don't worik, when I know I did it right!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:03:24 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline panos

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2019, 08:12:54 PM »
Hi Toril,
have you installed the new version of Genos and the new 50 styles before loading the playlist and the registrations of the above folder?

The above folder contains 50 registrations(who use the new styles) and one file which I guess is the playlist file(so you van easilly find the 50 new registrations and the 50 new styles).

If you did,then I guess you have to download directly the zip folder and not the registrations one by one because the playlist will not work and you will have to assign the appropriate styles to the regs one by one which of course is not good if it can be done with the playlist automatically.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 08:14:11 PM by panos »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 08:30:27 PM »
Thanks Panos :) Yes, I have the new version, and the 50 new styles. Most playlist records work, but not all, so I will try to find out why. It may be something on my computer, I am using an old win 7 machine that has some issues. Thank you for helping me :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 09:15:13 PM »
Hi Toril,

Playlist records do not call up style files!  They only call up a registration, and it is this which (typically) tries to load a style.

If you are getting an error message on the Playlist screen when you select a record, then this means that the Playlist can't find the registration at the expected location.

If a registration can't find a style, then it just continues to use the style currently loaded.  It does not produce an error message on the screen!

What is the error message that you get?   The Playlist message when it can't find a registration is "File not found, or file name is inappropriate"

Which Playlist records are giving problems?  Post back with a couple and I will check them out on my Genos.

Regards

Ian

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 09:32:30 PM »
Hello Ian :) You are right, the error message is: File not found or file name is inappropriate. I get this message for instance if I try to load "Aint no mountain high enough." I also just now noticed that most of the files have a check mark before the name, while this title has a ! mark. So it may be something wrong with this registration.
Playlist function is new to me. I didn't use music finder on the PSR/Tyros either. But now the letters are bigger on Genos, so I thought I would give it a try.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »
Hello Ian and Panos :)
I think I found the cause for the error message. I called up the registrations, and they were all there, and all of them worked. But I noticed that the neme of the song Ain't No Mountain High enough is spelled differently on the registration file and the playlist file!!
So the file name IS indeed inappropriate!

I edited the nemes on the playlist and registration to be exactly the same, but still the error message!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 10:43:44 PM »
Hi Toril,

Editing the Playlist record using the Edit > Rename function only changes the name that you see on the Playlist display.  it doesn't change the name/path of the registration file that the record is going to look for!  So the record will still be looking for a reg. that you say is named wrongly, hence the message!

Did you download the Superior Playlist directly from Yamaha or did you download it from the first link in Panos' reply (# 3)?

If you downloaded from that link which contains individual registration files, then is it possible that you 'missed' a couple out?

I don't know why Panos didn't just give you a link to the official download from Yamaha which contains all the registrations and the actual Playlist .tsv file in one package making it impossible to miss anything out!

To save yourself any more hassle, I suggest that you delete everything that you have already downloaded for the PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack (not the Superior Pack itself!), and download it again directly from Yamaha at your local Support web site.   Here is a link to the page on the UK site containing the Superior Pack Playlist if you have trouble finding the Norwegian one. The Playlist is listed on this page as 'Bonus Playlist for Genos V2.0 Superior Pack':

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/docs_data/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=Genos

Then all that you need to do is to extract the files from the zip, and copy the "PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack" folder (which will include all the relevant reg. files plus the Playlist .tsv file) to the root of your USB and connect the USB to Genos.

Note that you will need to have the USB containing the regs. connected anytime that you want to use this Playlist.

For convenience, I have transferred the playlist and regs. to my Genos User drive and modified the Playlist so that it looks for the registrations there rather than on a USB.

Regards

Ian

Offline Toril S

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 10:58:09 PM »
Thanks Ian! But I got it to work! I opened the playlist on my computer and changed the names, and it works! It turned out that I had made a typing error using the screen on the Genos.
I asked for a direct link because I have difficulties using the Yamaha pages with my low vision. It was only this one title that didn't work, and changing the names did work. So I learned a little more today :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline panos

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 11:09:49 PM »
Bravo Toril :)
It is those little elves that are giving you trouble too :)

Hi Ian,
I did it because it is a page with downloads and not a direct link so Toril may having trouble to see or to understand which one to download.
I have posted the page with all the downloads earlier.

I don't know if the google share uploaded the whole folder or individual files in a folder so I have also uploaded the zip file there.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 11:15:17 PM »
Hi Panos,

In all fairness to you, I downloaded the individual reg. file and TSV from the first link in your #3 reply, and both seemed fine to me for the 'problem record', but it would be easy for anyone using those individual files to miss a reg. or two which would cause problems!

Regards

Ian

Offline Toril S

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2019, 11:22:56 PM »
Yes, the elves are out now before Christmas. In Norway we have different types of nisse, some are very kind, like Santa Claus, some are not so kind, and full of mischief :)
I am a little bit proud of myself for getting it to work, - whatever I did, it finally worked, and, being a total newbie on this playlist thingy and all, that is not so bad :)
Thanks Panos And Ian for all the help :) Without you friends of the forum I would NEVER have darwd to get a Genos!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:44:25 AM by Toril S »
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline panos

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Yes you are right,Ian.
I will delete now those links as long as Toril doesn't need them anymore not  to cause any trouble. :)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2019, 04:07:28 PM »
Hi Toril,
I take it you did not download the Bonus playlist for Genos. Worth having. Put it on the same USB stick that you have the superior one on

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 04:09:05 PM by EileenL »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2019, 04:10:01 PM »
Thanks Eileen! No, I just have a short example playlist!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

whataguy

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2019, 06:01:38 PM »
Thank you all VERY much, finally someone has explained it so a dummy like me can understand. I have been asking about this error for about a year and now it makes sense. Small words make it a lot easier for those of us . . .  Question, is it only the name of the playlist that is concerned or is it OK to change title of registration once it is transferred to playlist. I am afraid to change the title of 'Here's That Rainy Day' registration to 'Watch What Happens' for fear of getting that 'file not found etc.' error. Thank you all again. Don in MI

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2019, 06:31:24 PM »
Thank you all VERY much, finally someone has explained it so a dummy like me can understand. I have been asking about this error for about a year and now it makes sense. Small words make it a lot easier for those of us . . .  Question, is it only the name of the playlist that is concerned or is it OK to change title of registration once it is transferred to playlist. I am afraid to change the title of 'Here's That Rainy Day' registration to 'Watch What Happens' for fear of getting that 'file not found etc.' error. Thank you all again. Don in MI

Don,

You can change the name of a playlist with impunity.

If you change the name (or folder, or drive) of a registration, the Playlist won’t be able to find it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

whataguy

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »
Thank you - what does that impunity word mean?  D.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2019, 09:45:07 PM »
When you open the Playlist display, if you touch 'Edit', the 'Playlist Record Edit' window for that record will open.

The name in the input box at the top of the window shows the name of the current record (which typically is the title of a song).  You can change this to whatever you like and the record should still work and call up the correct registration.

Immediately below the record name you will see the full path and name of the registration that the record attempts to load.  You can't change this, but at least it shows you where to check if a record gives a "File not found, or file name is inappropriate" error.  Actually being able to see detail such as this is a major step forward for Yamaha! :o  All we need now is for them to show the full path to the files being used in registrations in the so called 'Regist Bank Information' display, but I suspect that this would be a step too far for Yamaha!  :'( 

If you change the record name on the 'Playlist Record Edit' pop-up, you should notice that the path to the registration does not change and the record should still work.  However if you decide to also change the name (or storage location) of the registration, then the playlist record won't know about this and will fail to find it!

Regards

Ian

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2019, 11:13:08 PM »
Interesting post.

I do not use the Genos playlist feature and therefore did not download the Genos bonus playlists . . .

There seems to be this one song in one of those playlists that interest me  . . . Sweet Caroline . . .

does anyone know what Genos style is being used for it ? or . . . how would I be able to determine the style without downloading the playlist . . . ?

Sweet Caroline   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Sweet Caroline.rgt   0   OFF

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2019, 12:05:46 AM »
The style used is '60sCl***icSoftRock' which is one of those included in the 'Superior' pack.

For some reason three letters in the style name have been replaced in my post by asterisks!  The missing letters are 'a' 's' 's' - perhaps the site is censoring ***es these days!  Yes, this seems to be the case!  :o :'(   PC gone crazy!

If you have installed this pack, then you will find the style in the 'Expansion' folder.  (Genos seems to be OK with asses)

Why not just download the Playlist and then you will have the registration banks used by all the records in the Playlist, even if for some reason you don't want to use the Playlist to call them up.  They are all named with the name of the song in the Playlist.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 12:22:14 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 01:42:47 AM »
Ian

thanks a lot.  I got it: 60sClassicSoftRock'

I do not have a use for the Genos playlists.  I use my iPad with SongBook+ and create my own playlists and i do create my own regs.  i do not use OTS, etc.

My repertoire does not include 99% of the songs in the Genos playlists.  The only one that interested me from the list I saw was Sweet Caroline. 

thanks a lot for your response it is greatly appreciated.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana