Author Topic: YEM  (Read 7138 times)

Genos-forever

YEM
« on: November 27, 2019, 02:45:00 AM »
When will Yamaha finally sync YEM and GENOS ?? We need functions in editor for Genos that actually exist in Genos ! We don't need editor with less functions or editor for Tyros or PSR !!
GENOS NEEDS EDITOR THAT'S COMPATIBLE WITH IT SELF  !!!
Functions like : portamento (new ones) , modulation (-) , process of saving to genos (to be stable - not to be once ok ,second time oops - not ok) ..
NEW UPDATE and YEM is missing crucial functions ????? Is there engineer in front of this project or is this a joke ???
It is premium keyboard , flagship, yet Yamaha treat it like a toy , I would say ..

The following users thanked this post: soryt

Offline chony

Re: YEM
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 05:16:24 AM »
And how about being able to program SA and SA2 voices.

Korg allows this, and YEM has been out for many years. I think it's about time.

The following users thanked this post: soryt

paslooping

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 05:36:56 AM »
Totally agree with you...
you have to be several and send emails to Yamaha Support ... and hope for an answer

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 08:52:21 AM »
+1

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Misu

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 09:05:15 AM »
I can't help but say my ugly truth again, Tyros 4 was the last true arranger from Yamaha, the market probably asked for something else and now it is left to deceive that maybe they will come back to the things I loved at Yamaha.
For nothing I can change if I can't save, it's like a demo software.

Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

The following users thanked this post: dawn68

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 10:13:50 AM »
Totally  in agreement,  T4 was definitely a great keyboard.

Lynda

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 05:25:59 PM »

Agreed. Let's at least start with a list of waveforms (just like the waveforms list in the Montage/MODX data list). Right now, you can go mad trying to sort out the waveforms in existing preset voices.

BTW, YEM already supports the UVF/XML tags for SA and SA2.

-- pj

Offline metcam

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 05:27:49 PM »
When will Yamaha finally sync YEM and GENOS ?? We need functions in editor for Genos that actually exist in Genos ! We don't need editor with less functions or editor for Tyros or PSR !!
GENOS NEEDS EDITOR THAT'S COMPATIBLE WITH IT SELF  !!!
Functions like : portamento (new ones) , modulation (-) , process of saving to genos (to be stable - not to be once ok ,second time oops - not ok) ..
NEW UPDATE and YEM is missing crucial functions ????? Is there engineer in front of this project or is this a joke ???
It is premium keyboard , flagship, yet Yamaha treat it like a toy , I would say ..

Totally agree!

We badly need a same functions in YEM what's already exists in GENOS. The Portamento is my favorite part and truly need to be in YEM also .

Very good point.

I hope Yamaha will fix this .

Also need to put functions from T4 voice creator COPY-PASTE  element/note from one to another custom voice/drum.

Best Regards.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:47:40 PM by metcam »
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 06:10:02 PM »

Editing SA2 Voices (technology) is WAY beyond the average person here. On-the-fly of splicing head - body - tails is complicated.  You have to have the right software to do it... and Yamaha isn't going to give it to you.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 09:55:48 PM »
Editing SA2 Voices (technology) is WAY beyond the average person here. On-the-fly of splicing head - body - tails is complicated.  You have to have the right software to do it... and Yamaha isn't going to give it to you.

Joe H

Personally, I can pay for it, but they don't want to give us :(

Vali Maties - Genos

Genos-forever

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 01:20:12 AM »
The main thing for keyboard and editor is to be in sync !

Editor to provide functions that are already in keyboard !

So we can edit whatever is aloud for us to be edited !

It would be great if we could edit more , but let us edit in voice editor what is aloud to be edited !

It is MUST for Yamaha to set voice editor specifically for Genos !
We can not use "all around" editor for genos !It's very specific keyboard and editor needs a lot of functions ! Or Yamaha should set voice editor so it's compatible with keyboard that's editing !

We witnessed  that Yamaha has very powerful software designers : they made a lot of changes and modifications with this latest update and not only in software terms but with extra options "hardware" type , so it seams crazy when they leave out some basic, truly basic, stuff ( options) on that kind of "machinery" !
Yamaha should immediately update YEM and let us enjoy music and Genos ! It couldn't be easier for Yamaha to make us truly happy !

JUST add Genos functions to voice editor for Genos -YEM !!

Yamaha set editor to be in computer , ok ..let us edit !!

THAT's ALL

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 07:18:32 AM »
I didn't own a Tyros 4, but I understood from a couple of friends who had this model that was the best model ever from Yamaha, where you could FULLY edit the voices.
So, I don't know WHY in YEM they made those limitations, for existing users, those who used a lot Voice Editor from T4  ???

Same friends told me that some of the parameters which T4 export in uvn are NOT read by Genos when you import it in YEM. Now, I don't know if it is Genos fault or YEM fault. As I see, even if you change some parameters manually, they reverse to a default value when you restart YEM. Or simply they are not send to Genos or Genos doesn't know to read those values. For example, I set names for drumKit elements (Kit, Snare, Hit Hat etc) for a custom Drum Kit. In keyboard doesn't show those names for custom elements. So there are two things here: YEM remove texts from uvf files for some xml elements when it build the pack, or the function from Style Creator in Genos does not know to read and display the text for custom elements!

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 07:21:39 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 08:11:59 PM »
GENOS NEEDS EDITOR THAT'S COMPATIBLE WITH IT SELF  !!! ...

Actually this is true for Tyros and PSR arrangers also.  The YEM Editor does not support all COMMON (Voice Set) parameters, poor and incomplete DSP selection, no way to set Harmony/Arp Type and falls short on Element editing as well.

It seems Yamaha don't want us to be able deep edit to create good custom Voices.  I think that is the reason Yamaha don't allow editing of PSR Voices or lack many parameters in YEM Element Editor so we cannot see how Yamaha programmed their Voices.

Or:

Maybe it's the case where Yamaha think arranger players do not want to program Voices... but then why did they create YEM... (for 3rd party sound developers only?).

I would like to be able to "tweak" my favorite Preset Voices to my liking. Voice Set is limited, (COMMON Parameters only) but works OK.

???

Joe H
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:13:10 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html