Author Topic: Tyros 4 New To Me  (Read 5881 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Tyros 4 New To Me
« on: November 26, 2019, 02:24:13 PM »
Even though Ive had the Tyros 4 for two years now Ive only really started digging and spending time creating registrations. It may not be the latest Arranger but with some work you can get some really big sounds.

Offline Toril S

Re: Tyros 4 New To Me
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »
Ansolutely! The T4 is a great keyboard!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 05:49:24 PM »
Like all arrangers you have to spend time doing your homework.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 06:48:33 PM »
The great thing with our complex keyboards is that we always find some new function to learn to use!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 09:03:29 PM »
 I recently  traded my Tyros4  in for the new Genos, I missed the T4  so much that I had to purchase  another one, don't  get me wrong  I am happy with the Genos, but they are two different  sounding keyboards albeit some of the styles  are still the same, but many to my mind still sound richer to my ears on the T4,  plus I found that with the Tyros I didn't  have to tweak the voices so much to get the perfect  sound.I suppose it's  like a guitarist has several  different  guitars :) Enjoy your T4.

Lynda

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »
I have also kept my Tyros 5😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 09:56:12 PM »
I think it's like having to break in a new pair of shoes all over again. I've had my other arranger for two years also and been Focusing on that. Now it's the turn of the Tyros 4.

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 10:11:03 AM »
 :) :)
Hi

All of the above posts resonate with me and can really relate to wanting to keep a previous machine.
Case in point traded in the my Ty 5 for the Genos and although was very excited about all the new voices and styles  I sorely
missed the styles the Ty 5 provided and had to download those missing files.   Am still having difficulty getting the hang of
playlist and song file playback.  Those files on the Genos are all messed up in different folders and perhaps another tour of
how that function works is in the cards.   Another issue that is difficult is the new way the styles are sorted in genres.   I still
prefer the standard sets of pop, ballroom, latin,,, etc.etc. and to go trouncing around the different genres and find that there are
swings or latins in different sets is perturbing.
Now am faced with a potential acquisition of the s900 which follows the genos system of songplayback filing , recording and style files.
When i do the  music backing for our plays i make midi files,,, which are named in succession 001, 002,,plus the name of that file
so that if i have to play that midi again i just go back to the number i need.   This is one of the reasons that am set on keeping
my s975 , not trading it in....I like the style divisions and easy access to recording.   et cet.   
Every machine offers something that the other does not have.   It is nice to have an arsenal of keyboards (for ex. Kris Nichollson)
and noone should feel bad about keeping or procuring a previous model.   The only things to consider is budget and ROOM.

have fun and enjoy

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 10:34:13 AM »
I agree! I still have my S975 and Tyros 5, and will not sell them. 
Toril S

and PSR-47.

musicalmemoriesuk

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2019, 12:07:53 AM »
When I see some of these people photos of there room full of arrangers like a studio, I think I wish I had the room to set all my gear up.