Author Topic: Cannot Save Expansion Packs On My Genos  (Read 7404 times)

Reg

Cannot Save Expansion Packs On My Genos
« on: November 24, 2019, 12:24:11 AM »
  I have 2 expansion packs on my Genos.   I want to save them before I install the new Superpack.   The 2 packs show up  in YEM .  I cannot find where to access them to be saved.   Yamaha Musicsoft shows I am registered  but no record in my account of a purchase.  So,  I am unable to go from there.  Do I really need to save them anayway?  Thanks,  Reg

Offline Eric, B

Re: Cannot Save Expansion Packs On My Genos
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 12:34:07 AM »
They are already saved by putting them into YEM.
Just ad a new pack and off you go ...
Hope this helps
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 12:58:18 AM »
Hi Reg,

You can't save/recover/extract expansion content from Genos once it has been installed.  All that you can do is create another installation pack from YEM!

After installing the Version 2 firmware update into Genos, if you have installed YEM version 2.6.0 on your computer,  and your Genos is connected to your computer by Wi-Fi, then YEM should be automatically updated to show that it now has 3 GB of expansion memory available for wave samples.

If your Genos is not connected to the computer by Wi-Fi, you should update the instrument info for the keyboard in YEM via USB by deleting the existing Genos target, and creating a new one by exporting the instrument info .n27 file from Genos to USB, and then importing it into YEM.   This will let YEM know that the expansion wave sample size has now been increased to 3 GB.

Updating the YEM version should not affect the packs/content that you already had in the previous version, so if your two existing packs 'show up in YEM', all that you need to do to allow you to use the Superior Pack with the others is to import the '.cpf' file from the Superior Pack download into YEM.   This will create a new pack in YEM for the Superior pack.

You will then be able to select content from all three packs to include in an installation file from YEM that you can save to USB to install on your Genos.

When you install this on your Genos, you should end up with all three packs in the Expansion folders on the keyboard.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 02:54:36 AM by tyrosaurus »

Reg

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 03:07:43 AM »
  Thank you Eric and Ian.  Your detailed instructions Ian  will be extremely helpful.
Greatly appreciated.  Regards, Reg

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 03:54:47 AM »
I have a similar question . . .   i have YEM in my home computer . . it contains 4 Yamaha packages . . . including the latest V2 Superior pack.  The 4 packages are already installed in Genos.

The same as Reg, i cannot find the downloaded packages from Yamaha but they are already in my YEM and already in Genos.

I am planning on replacing my home computer in the near future . . .what would be the process to transfer YEM and it's included 4 packages to the new computer ?

thanks in advance. 
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 05:39:26 AM »
Hi Al,

You copy recursively (or drag) "C:\Users\<YourUserName\AppData\Local\Yamaha" folder into a USB flash drive from your old PC.  This takes care of all the installed expansion packs for you.  Please note that by default Windows Explorer does not show AppData under "C:\Users\<YourUserName", you have to type explicitly the path in order to be able to get into that folder.

Then insert the USB flash drive into your new PC and copy / drag the 'Yamaha' folder to "C:\Users\<YourUserName\AppData\Local" folder and overwrite the current subdirectories and files.

Since the Genos_InstrumentInfo.n27 file of Genos 2.0 is different from firmware 1.41, you have to re-export the Genos_InstrumentInfo.n27 file from your Genos:
Menu -> Menu2 -> Expansion -> Export Instrument Info -> OK -> OK

Unplug the USB drive from your Genos, and plug it in your new PC.

Then you invoke Yamaha Expansion Manager 2.6 on you new PC, delete the Genos under "Install Target" on the left.  Then click the "+" to import the new Instrument Info file using the Genos_InstrumentInfo.n27 in the root directory of your USB drive.  Then you can recover all of your previously installed expansion packs, and import the Genos 2.0 Superior pack, with the new allowable Voice Wave Size of 3 GB instead of the previous 1.8 GB.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 12:27:55 AM »
Paul

thanks for the detailed instructions.  I will give it a try.

Just one clarification, I am not looking to import the packages into Genos, they are already in Genos.
Including the new V2 Superior Pack.   

I just want to prepare in case I replace my home computer to have the packages in the new computer YEM.

thanks again.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 11:49:38 AM »
You can export the packs on your YEM as PPF files and then these can be stored on a USB stick or separate Drive ready for import into a new computer YEM.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 05:03:48 PM »
thanks so much.

I will try that.

have a great day
AL
San Diego/Tijuana