Author Topic: Playlists stopped working?  (Read 7587 times)

Senn5

Playlists stopped working?
« on: November 24, 2019, 10:01:35 PM »
Only had the SX900 for one week and slowly catching on but still a few things baffling me.
Yesterday I create folders on my usb stick. Ex. Playlist and Style.
I downloaded the bonus playlist from Yamaha site and unpacked it to my usb drive under Playlist.
It all worked fine with no issues. I could go to usb select a title and would load and play.
Now today I try the same thing by going to USB to load playlists. It shows all titles correctly but when I try to load I keep getting the message "File not found or File Name is inappropriate"

What am I missing here.
Thanks in advance for your help..:)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Playlists stopped working?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:06:29 PM »
Only had the SX900 for one week and slowly catching on but still a few things baffling me.
I downloaded the bonus playlist from Yamaha site and unpacked it to my usb drive under Playlist.
It all worked fine with no issues. I could go to usb select a title and would load and play.
Now today I try the same thing by going to USB to load playlists. It shows all titles correctly but when I try to load I keep getting the message "File not found or File Name is inappropriate"

Do you have 2 USBs inserted? That can cause the drive letters to get assigned to the wrong USB.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Senn5

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 10:07:59 PM »
Just the one USB is being used.

Senn5

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 10:56:58 PM »
I have tried everything I can think of and still no go. The strange thing is I have the Bonus playlist from T5 on the same USB stick and they all work fine. I even deleted and reinstalled the SX900 bonus playlist and "no go" same error message???
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:12:44 PM by Senn5 »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 11:13:08 PM »
I have tried everything I can think of and still no go. The strange thing is I have the Bonus playlist from Genos on the same USB stick and they all work fine. I even deleted and reinstalled the SX900 bonus playlist and "no go" same error message???

The first thing I would try is to load one of the registrations yourself. If it loads, then the playlist (or the unzip/copy) is the problem.

If it doesn't load, you have a read error on the drive. I'd try another USB stick.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 12:03:03 AM »

What am I missing here. ...

Hi Senn5,

you have to copy the unzipped folder "PSR-SX900 Playlist" directly to the ROOT directory of the USB stick.

If you copy/ move this folder to another folder / subfolder on the stick (like your folder "Ex. Playlist") or if you rename the folder "PSR-SX900 Playlist", the included Playlist files (.tsv) will NOT work (exept you would edit / change the paths to the included Registration files (.rgt) in the Playlist files (.tsv), e.g. on the PC with Excel).

P.S.
Please be sure that the folder "PSR-SX900 Playlist" in the root directory of the stick directly contains the subfolders "Ballroom", "Dance", "Entertainer" and so on.

P.P.S.
Each of the (9) subfolders of the folder "PSR-SX900 Playlist" contains ONE Playlist file (.tsv). If needed, you can copy or move these .tsv files to any other location on the stick. (For example, you can copy ALL .tsv files to ONE particular folder, and the Playlist files will still work.) :)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 12:27:24 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Senn5

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 03:07:53 AM »
Thanks so much for your info overover, much appreciate. I think my first problem was just unzipping the files to the usb. Now I somewhat get the drift as i unzipped on computer and THEN copied file to USB. That works fine now in the root directory and all load properly.
I have been trying to set up my USB drive with Folders such as"playlists" and "styles" to kind of keep better track of things.

My only issue now is I'm not familiar enough with all of this to move the the actual playlists I have into an actual "playlist folder" and have then still working properly.

If  you can give me some guidance on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again so much for your input...:)

lion.43

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 07:42:22 AM »
Quand vous avez charger la playlist , tous est afficher dans la playlist MAIS vous devez faire SAVE dans un emplacement dans USER ou dans votre stick.

blackpool

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 09:15:34 AM »
I find it easier to save all to 'user' from usb and then load from 'user' itself.
I also ensure all the external styles and voices are loaded to user individually ( aside from the registration itself )

As, not all but often time, with many of my Yamahas I have had an error message when trying to load an imported registration.

This I find does seem to solve it somehow if all the parts are already in the board on user drive. Seems ok if it is dealing with factory stuff and voices, but external style conversions can be difficult and somehow dont seem to be recognised if not on that user drive......oddly!! .

Maybe I am wrong on this one, but it does seem to work for me.

keith

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 03:11:38 PM »
The Playlist is designed to work from USB1 as is Genos. Make sure the USB with the playlist is always plugged in first.

Hank

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 08:19:07 PM »
I am so pleased that | joined this forum. By reading these posts I sorted out what I was doing wrong in not unzipping the file on the computer. The file has a readme file which was corrupting the playlist. All seems well now. Thank you all.