Author Topic: YEM Genos issues  (Read 5447 times)

Offline chony

YEM Genos issues
« on: November 24, 2019, 07:51:19 PM »
I loaded up my Genos with 2.5gb using YEM, but now when I come back to YEM there's this ugly black thingy taking up all my RAM space. (See pic). I cannot get rid of it even after unselecting all packs, restarting the program, etc.

What is it and how do I get my YEM back so that I can create new Genos files.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ugawoga

Re: YEM Genos issues
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
Hi
That is how much memory you have used is that black thingy.
Still in RAM. even after untick.
I bet if you deleted packs the black thingy would go down according to how much memory has been used
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 08:06:40 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline bryan01

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »
Hi Chony,
surely the clue is in your first line, you loaded 2.5 Gb into your Genos. So you will have a representation of your Memory size showing used space and free space. This indicates that you have about 0.5 Gb to use up with your future files.
If you deselect your packs and "send to instrument" your genos will format the drive and only the ones that you selected will be on there + smaller bar. It takes about twenty minutes.
If you need to save space - only load the packs that you use regularly.
Good luck
Bryan
Playing the best I can. For as long as I last.
I am blessed with a Yamaha Genos2,
a lovely wife and
two Yorkshire Terriers.

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 10:37:23 PM »
Yes the black line indicates how much space is taken by your packs. It was Green before but dose the same job. If you have other packs to load in do it the normal way.

Offline terryB

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 07:32:11 AM »
Hi Chony
You can also get  rid of all those audio styles to save space by sending them one by one to a user file and then deleting them from the expansion pack. To do this you click on each audio style file in the expansion files, and do 'save as' to the user area folder you have set up.
After this as far as YEM is concerned they are history and the user files set up for the audio styles will become the same as any other style file.
Cheers
Terry

The following users thanked this post: bryan01

Offline chony

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 08:34:58 AM »
Thank you for your replies,

But what if I want to make a new selection of packs for my Genos? How do I get rid of the black line and start a fresh selection?

The following users thanked this post: bryan01

Offline reya

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 08:53:03 AM »
Chony,

If I may ask, where did you buy that Ketron SX1 expansion pack ?

Thanks,

Best regards
Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Online EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
To Get the black line back to the start take all the ticks from the boxes. Now tick the boxes of the fresh
Pack you want to make and save to USB. Everything works the same as it did before except you can now do a CQI if wanting to only load a new pack without formatting the memory.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 11:50:11 AM »
Look for any packs which have green circles (light green means all content is included, dark green means some content). Click on the circles to make them grey, which means not selected. It takes a few seconds after clicking for YEM to recalculate the space.

I have found this a little buggy, I tried to remove everything too and some of them just would not go away. I had to restart YEM a few times, and some of the ones I'd removed came back again. So just keep trying :)
Genos