Author Topic: Connect SX 900 and a Midi Controller  (Read 3093 times)

Offline Khushroo

Connect SX 900 and a Midi Controller
« on: January 09, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
Hi all,

I have a PSR SX 900 and a Novation mk2 25 keys Midi Controller. I want to play the auto accompaniment and the left voice of the SX 900 on the Novation and the R1 R2 R3 voices to be played on the SX 900 and the output through the SX 900 speakers. I have both connected to an iMac.

Can anyone please let me know how it is done. Which midi router software is required and how to set it up. I am just not able to do it.

Many Thanks.

Janus

Re: Connect SX 900 and a Midi Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 05:22:08 PM »
Does the mk has a midi output with a din cable
And the sx does it have also a midi input with a din cable ?

rcpilot

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 05:56:31 PM »
Your MIDI controller does not have a MIDI connector so:
IF no MIDI out (5 pin din connector) on the controller, you will need the PC involved...then MIDI-OX program will let you setup everything to do this.  There is probably other SW that will work as well. You may need to read up on MIDI in a book or on-line to understand all this?
I plan to do something similar...I will use a 61 key MIDI controller KBD for LH (left of split point) and use the MIDI controller kbd...as lower keyboard like an organ would have. I did this with my Korg and T2 a long time ago...worked fine. My MIDI controller does have MIDI out 5 pin connector. I have a 2 tier kbd table by On Stage Stands that is perfect for this setup.
Since I do not want a PC involved I will only use a MIDI controller with true MIDI connections.
Lee

Offline Khushroo

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 06:30:17 PM »
Thanks Lee,

I finally got things started with a utility called Midipipes. I could play the accompaniment on the Launchkey and the melody on the PSR SX 900 both connected to a Mac running High Sierra.

Thanks.