Author Topic: Genos and Sampletank 4  (Read 3951 times)

Offline ugawoga

Genos and Sampletank 4
« on: November 21, 2019, 08:21:12 PM »
Hi
Just a line to anyone using Genos with Sampletank 4

There is a free sound pack for Sampletank for owners with serial, but £56 / $73 to non Sampletank owners

Download now Spaceport before it has to be paid for  by all.
3 gig of material with effects
All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline markstyles

Re: Genos and Sampletank 4
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 09:08:09 PM »
Thank Ugawoga = downloading it now..  While I really liked SampleTank 3 I found it had lots of practical decent sounding instruments.. I find it hard to find or search for the exact instrument I want 

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 11:57:09 PM »
Hi Mark
I agree in Sampletank 4 it is a bit hit and miss finding what you want but now it has sections so you can get near .
I put all of my old IK Multimedia synths in there and Syntronic.
Also have Syntronic separately as well. I like FM8 as well and the Korg collection.
I am starting in the New Year to combine The Genos with VST in Cubase and go a lot deeper.
My vow is to keep practicing the Genos up till the New year and start making my own music rather than covers.
Also Mark i got myself a Sony Walkman and guess what, they put an EU cap on the volume and over headphones it sounds weak and low.
I set about the  Rockbox tool to get the cap off and it worked with just two lines of code in the CMD command on Windows 10.
I now have a USA version (U). No volume cap. Now it sounds like a full bodied audiophile machine that it was intended for.. great for 24 bit music.
I know this is not Genos stuff ,but if anyone in the UK has the Cap problem i can point them to getting rid of it easy.It is only the cap ,not firmware ,so you cannot go wrong.
I hate big brother!!. At least in the USA you do not have that problem. "You might"!! ::)

All the Best
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:18:32 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline jugge

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »
Hi Ugawoga,

Have you compared Sampletank with Steinbergs Halion or Native instruments Kontakt?

I am think of getting a VST based sampler, but it's too much to choose from this days

My last sample was an Akai 3000  ;D

Cheers
/Jugge
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »
Hi Jugge

I already own all of sampletank 4, so it would not benefit me paying out for a full version of Halion.
Halion is also good.
Sampletank works flawlessly for me, but you have to load all parts correctly and have plenty of space and ram for these large VST programs.
Korg Collection is great as well. I also like Syntronic.
If you go with IK Multimedia, it is best to wait for Group buys or sales  to get the best bargains.

All the Best