Author Topic: Chord Tracker  (Read 8874 times)

Chord Tracker
« on: November 20, 2019, 04:31:09 PM »
Hi everyone. I just downloaded the Chord Tracker app for my Samsung Galaxy. Thanks to Yamaha for making this work on an Android Tablet :)! I then loaded a David Foster piano song (ripped from a CD) and it analyzed the chords but they were way off the mark - not even close. Have I done something wrong?

Also, the instructions say that the Genos has a built-in Wi-Fi adapter, so why did I get a dongle with mine? Even at that, I can't get the Genos to talk to my Samsung Galaxy through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. The app on my Samsung Galaxy says it can't find the connection even though I have enabled it in the Samsung settings, and the Samsung Galaxy is not showing in the device list of my Genos under the Wireless LAN section.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:19:10 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Re: Chord Tracker
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 04:39:35 PM »
Any ideas, folks? Thanks...
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 11:21:30 AM »
Lee,

First make sure that both devices, Genos and phone, are registered in you local WLAN. Have you managed to connect to WLAN with your Genos? Once, this is solved, the app Chord Tracker should find their Genos automatically.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »
Thanks, Uli. I'll give that a try first. I still don't know why the David Foster chords were so far out. Perhaps the technology is not that far advanced yet.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »
So, the wireless adapter for the Genos is internal to the machine? I have a UD-WL01 adapter sitting on my shelf. I assumed it came with my Genos but perhaps it's leftover from my Tyros 5? I found this on the Long and McQuade website. The Genos is not mentioned in the instrument list.

The adapter sells for $90 (CND).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jugge

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 04:02:43 PM »
Hi Lee,

Your Genos should have a built-in WiFI, but you need to make sure both Genos and your computer are on the same wireless network and then you should be able to connect the app with Genos.

I just tried this on my Android phone and I was surprised how accurate it was and it was able to identify the chords from the songs I tried correctly.

One of the coolest features, was that the application suggested a couple of styles that match with the song and you can pre-listen to the suggested styles before sending it to Genos.
After transferring the song, you then open it from the Song player. It's under a folder called ChordTracker.

There is a tutorial on the Chord Tracker on the Yamaha blog page. I have not seen it yet, but maybe you can give it a try to get some more tips.
https://hub.yamaha.com/genos-power-playing-wireless-lan-and-chord-tracker/

Best regards
/Jugge
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 04:05:15 PM by jugge »
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 05:41:20 PM »
hi Lee

Just let the Genos find your router or internet hub and your Wi- Fied 8).
You just have to do the usual stuff to get it going and pair up.

ATB
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 05:57:43 PM »
I have used Chord Tracker ok in the past, but since installing v2.0 I cannot connect either my iPad, or Samsung S9+ on Android, to my Genos on my home network.

Both find and show the Genos 'Device' in their  App, but neither will connect.

I've tried both Infrastructure and Access Point Mode, and the Genos shows up in both Apps either way, but any connection attempt comes up as 'No instrument is connected' (ios) or 'Connection failed' (Android).

Any ideas much appreciated
Genos, Montage 7, PSR EW-410 HS5's, mfc10
Former Keyboards: T1/2/3/5 & various Organs

Offline jugge

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 06:18:56 PM »
I am using version 2.2.2.0 on an android device without any issues. In the yamaha tutorial - https://hub.yamaha.com/genos-power-playing-wireless-lan-and-chord-tracker/ they recommend to use  Access Point Mode which will let you connect directly to the Genos. Then Genos will show up as a separate wireless network and you can have a direct connection with Genos instead of sharing the WiFi network with other devices. I am using a similar method to connect to my wireless surround speakers.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »
 Hi, thanks, Access Mode had not worked unfortunately, neither had Infrastructure Mode which I usually use, although both ways connected the Genos to the Router ok, and the Genos appeared as a connection in the Chord Tracker App. But after much head scratching/trial & error, it turned out to be my 'stripped down' OnSong midi template.

I have everything turned off in this, except a couple of CC and PC permissions, but as soon as I switched 'Receive' in System/System Exclusive Message/Receive to ON in page 2, all was ok again. I was clutching at straws until I tried this
Genos, Montage 7, PSR EW-410 HS5's, mfc10
Former Keyboards: T1/2/3/5 & various Organs

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 12:57:22 PM »
Okay, thanks for all the replies. I tried adding the Genos to my home network (modem). It didn't work after four tries, John. All other devices connect with no problem. It says it can't make the connection even though the modem is 15 feet away and on the same floor.

Next, I tried the Access Mode, which bypasses the home network. I then see a screen on the Genos with a bunch of settings in a table format. The caption reads, "Use the above settings to connect with your...?" I forget the rest. What do I do now? I'm running Version 1.4 on the Genos and Windows 10 Home.

Offline jugge

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 06:12:39 PM »
Okay, thanks for all the replies. I tried adding the Genos to my home network (modem). It didn't work after four tries, John. All other devices connect with no problem. It says it can't make the connection even though the modem is 15 feet away and on the same floor.

Next, I tried the Access Mode, which bypasses the home network. I then see a screen on the Genos with a bunch of settings in a table format. The caption reads, "Use the above settings to connect with your...?" I forget the rest. What do I do now? I'm running Version 1.4 on the Genos and Windows 10 Home.

I successfully tried the access mode yesterday  The difference is that Genos will show up as a new wireless network that you can connect to. You will be asked for a password when connecting to this network. Just type 00000000 (eight zeroes)
and you should be able to connect. It might said no internet connection, but this is normal. I have attached a screenshot from my connection and it should look similar when you search for available wireless networks. 

[attachment deleted by admin]