Author Topic: Pitch bend range  (Read 3036 times)

Offline larrygreen1

Pitch bend range
« on: November 18, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »
Hi.Is there any way of fixing or locking the pitch bend range on this keyboard please?

konaboy

Re: Pitch bend range
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 10:59:52 AM »
Keyboard/Joystick-related Settings
Pitch Bend Range Determines the pitch bend range for each keyboard part which is affected by moving the joystick in a horizontal direction. The range is from “0” to “12” with each step corresponding to one semitone.

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 01:57:13 PM »
Thanks for your response.I want to know whether you can lock or freeze the range you want rather than have to save to each registration.I am quite sure you can do this on tyros but not sure how.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »
Thanks for your response.I want to know whether you can lock or freeze the range you want rather than have to save to each registration.I am quite sure you can do this on tyros but not sure how.

Then just set it in Menu, Keyboard/Joystick.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 05:18:19 PM »
It keeps changing every time I press a different registration which is what I don't want.I want it locked on -1 & not change!!!

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 06:00:46 PM »
On an SX900 the Pitch Bend 'range' is saved in a registration as part of the Style group for the Left voice part and the Voice group for the right voice parts.

So, if you memorise a registration with Style or Voice groups checked, the PB range will be saved as set at that time, and whenever you select such a registration, it will set the PB range accordingly.

There is no setting that can 'freeze' only the PB range in a registration.  You can freeze the Style or Voice groups, but this will then also freeze the rest of the many parameters included in those groups.

When memorising a new registration that includes Style and/or Voice groups, you should ensure that the PB range is set as you want it for all voice parts before memorising it.

As far as existing registrations are concerned, I suspect that you will need to modify them one at a time by loading one, setting your required PB range and then memorising the setup back to the same button.

Murray Best has an excellent program for modifying registrations, but at this time the current version does not yet include the SX models, and in any event it does not allow you to change the PB Range, even on those models that are supported.

Regards

Ian

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:03:05 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline larrygreen1

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 06:31:49 PM »
Many thanks for your reply Ian.