Author Topic: 50 Superior styles Audition  (Read 6898 times)

Offline DrakeM

50 Superior styles Audition
« on: November 18, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »
Here is the link at YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn7UXsHHZ0M

Always good to be able to hear a bit of each style like this.  8)
It makes it much easier to get the style to sound correct in the older keyboards. ;)

Regards
Drake

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Joe H, pjd

Offline Graham UK

Re: 50 Superior styles Audition
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »
Drake. Thank you very useful....Only the odd one I would use.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:32:13 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 06:24:34 PM »
Thanks, Drake!

After scanning the list of new voices in the Genos V2.0 Superior Pack, I'm not sure that I will load the pack. I already own the female voices.

Has anyone posted a ZIP with the new styles? It's been 3 days, after all...    :)

I'm enjoying Chord Looper -- pj

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »
Thank you Drake.  Some nice additions there.  Regards, Bob

The following users thanked this post: LarsMoss

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 11:24:22 PM »
90sRosesballad is for Guns N' Roses - November Rain
90sSwidishpopballad is for Roxette - It Must Have Been Love

The more Yamaha well made styles you have the more easier to use the assembly function to create more song styles.
How many combination of notes can be in a couple of bars after all?  :)

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 11:27:05 PM »
For sure. I played "Name That Tune" and didn't do too bad. Checked my answers against the playlist.  :)

That schlager stuff tho'...

-- pj
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 05:51:23 PM by pjd »

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 01:10:13 PM »
Sorry to repeat a previously asked question. Can these new styles be loaded into a Genos that still runs on Version 1.4? Several of these new styles are of no interest to me, however, I can hear a definite improvement in the quality. They are all well done and more realistic. Many of the factory Genos styles are just repurposed and revoiced styles from the Tyros series that are somewhat dated. All of these new styles are a step in the right direction :).

Can someone upload them to this post? Thanks!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 03:05:32 PM »
As a couple of people have noticed this new update seems to have increased the volume of the keyboard and certainly the quality of the OTS. I would go ahead and do the update. It is well worth it.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 03:17:14 PM »
I agree with Eileen! Am very pleased!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline alans

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »
Hi Eileen

Yes,I agree also ,I thought it was because my hearing had improved somehow  ;D ;D
I have noticed an increase in volume level

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »
Eileen, you have always been my "go-to person" on this forum (among a few other greats :) ). If I update to 2.0, will anything happen to my registrations? So far, I don't use any custom voices but I have designed several song-specific styles. What will happen to them? Also, within the registrations, there are several EQ and Effects adjustments. I do have a few User Master EQ and Compressor settings.

So far, a lot of the clear instructions for this update have come from "trial and error" users - thank goodness. Yamaha's instructions seem incomplete and at best VERY vague!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 06:03:30 PM »
The drums are way to loud in some of these styles for the speakers on my S950, and the bass too. It's easy enough to adjust them. 

tyrosman

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 06:05:13 PM »
hi Lee nothing will happen to your registrations what to do tho is Take Pictures of your EQ settings and comp settings also if you use harmonizer take a picture of that as well :)

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 06:33:38 PM »
Okay, thanks Tyrosman!

Offline marcodg

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »
Hi Eileen

Yes,I agree also ,I thought it was because my hearing had improved somehow  ;D ;D
I have noticed an increase in volume level

Alan
I notice these too.
My Keyboard sounded different. Much clearer and for some styles i have to decrease volume off the bass. But it now clearer.
I really like the foreigner ' i want to know what love is' and Lion's King theme Circle of life
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 07:50:24 PM »
I notice these too.
My Keyboard sounded different. Much clearer and for some styles i have to decrease volume off the bass. But it now clearer.
I really like the foreigner ' i want to know what love is' and Lion's King theme Circle of life
Are you talking about all styles sounding better and louder, or just the 50 new free ones?

Offline alans

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 08:31:48 PM »
Are you talking about all styles sounding better and louder, or just the 50 new free ones?

Hi Lee

I thought the whole keyboard sounded louder and bit clearer including original styles,or maybe it is just me,but I have put in a slightly changed version of EQ Gold as recommended by members,could be that's it

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2019, 09:10:24 PM »
I lowered individual master eq gains by 1 to compensate for the hike in volume (and potential ear damage!) as I am accustomed to using master volume at the 12 o'clock position and prefer to keep that way. I'm quite happy to have the Basie Band in my music room, but don't want to feel I'm in the middle of them.  :o
I find the female voice and to a certain extent the pan flute become ear splittingly shrill when using notes more than an octave above mid C, and strangely, cutting down on high EQ does not seem to overcome it. A challenge for another day  :)
John
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:12:45 PM by jwyvern »