Author Topic: won't save changes  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Ken Stenzel

won't save changes
« on: December 08, 2019, 06:19:42 PM »
Probably something simple again but I am stumped. I have tried to change voices in a style (from USB drive) I have tried to change volume settings and change part select on some style files but no matter what I do or where I save the style it never gets saved. Is there something I must unlock so saves will work?
    Thanks folks!
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline Ingar

Re: won't save changes
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 08:50:34 PM »
Probably something simple again but I am stumped. I have tried to change voices in a style (from USB drive) I have tried to change volume settings and change part select on some style files but no matter what I do or where I save the style it never gets saved. Is there something I must unlock so saves will work?
    Thanks folks!
Preset styles  you want to modify must be saved in user or  a stick, and there you can name it..Works fine here.

Regards Ingar

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »
To save changes made in the Mixer to parameters such as style part volume, the style must be saved from within Style Creator.

Note that the style channel on/off status is not saved with a style.

If you want to incorporate this in a style, the best that you can do is to either delete those style parts that you want to turn off, or more safely, simply set their volumes to zero which will allow you to restore the parts later if you change your mind.  Finally save the modified style from within Style Creator.

Alternatively the the style part volumes and channel on/off status can be saved in a registration if the Style group is checked when memorising the reg.

Regards

Ian

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 09:10:04 PM »
    Thanks folks!

When you change all parameters for Style in a mixer, you only must go to Style Creator, press Save button and complete the process.
Watch the video.
https://youtu.be/5gVKZ_AS3Vk?t=300
Watch my video channel

Offline Ken Stenzel

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »
I think I must be more specific. I have a style saved to my usb stick. It does not have a voice for my 4th part select settings. I then select a part for it. It plays with what I added. I then try to save the Style with the new voice added and it never saves the new style. I can rename it, Save it to User, or save it to the same usb stick and it does not ever save with new voice. It simply reverts back to the original style. If I go into style changer it doesn't give me an option for setting up the right hand voices that I am aware of. What am I missing?
    Thank you again.
Kenneth Stenzel

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 01:51:23 PM »
Now it's clearer what you want. You want to store OTS settings. To do this, first press the MEMORY button and then save the Style to USB (or USER).
View video in 0.54 seconds.
https://youtu.be/tGwrvPtw_Ws?t=54
Watch my video channel

Offline Ken Stenzel

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 01:59:25 PM »
Ah Ha!  Thank you!
Kenneth Stenzel