Author Topic: New Superior Styles  (Read 18473 times)

Offline shadowhankron

New Superior Styles
« on: November 17, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »

Hi

Has anybody got the New Superior Styles available to share..as I cannot understand any updates and do not want upset the Genos.

Thank you

Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: New Superior Styles
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 05:40:25 PM »

Has anybody got the New Superior Styles available to share..as I cannot understand any updates and do not want upset the Genos.

The new style do not work unless you have v2.0 installed.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 05:52:01 PM »

Okay Fred , Thanks for your reply and time.

regards
Ronnie
 :( :'( :'( :'(
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 09:18:18 AM »
Perhaps someone can share the new styles (styles only). But the new styles are using the new voices, and the new voices are applicable to ver 2.0 only. Yamaha activated a restriction, that the new pack cannot installed on Ver 1.41.

So Fred is right, the new styles only work with the update.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »
I have installed version 2 but I am not sure about installing the superior pack. So will the standalone styles of this pack play (assuming it is shared in this forum) without installing the pack.

Regards

Anand

Offline torben

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »
Dear friends - including Fred :)

I have to understand this. The new styles - I presume - could certainly be shared per se, so that people - like me - could fill in the missing voices by others, already present in the Genos, without installing the new voices?

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 10:01:14 AM »
In the Record MIDI Song function. Step Record still cannot use the User's Style.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline Stijn

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 11:34:28 AM »
Anand,

You can install the  superior pack without using the Expansion Manager.
The superior pack download has a file called Genos_PackInstallData.cpi

Copy this to a USB drive and

-Call up the operation display via [MENU] - [Expansion].
-Touch [Pack Installation] to call up the File Selection display.
-Select the desired Pack Installation file.
-Follow the on-display instructions.

You will find new Styles and Voices in the Expansion part of the USER. You can then also use the new Playlist available on the download site.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Online Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 11:39:13 AM »
Torben. Is correct I have tried a few on my T5 and with a few voice substitution the styles run OK.
Although not many to my liking.

DGX670

Online EileenL

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 12:09:32 PM »
Hello Ronnie,
  The 2.0 update will not upset your keyboard in any way. You probably have not gotten around to saving any user effects yet so you have nothing to worry about. Once the update is done you can then load the Superior Pack into the keyboard from USB stick it has some really nice styles on it and new voices.

Offline jugge

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 02:22:40 PM »
In the Record MIDI Song function. Step Record still cannot use the User's Style.

I was hoping that the update would let us use user styles in MIDI step recording, but I guess not then.

I haven't done the upgrade yet, but is step recording possible in the new chord looper?
If the looper allows us to use user styles, then it might be a workaround. 

/Jugge
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »
Hi, I’ve done the update to V2, I had a Christmas pack installed, and it still works . If I installed the superior pack without using Yem would i lose the Christmas pack already installed.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 02:48:34 PM »
If you install the pack using the '.cpi' (installation) version directly in your keyboard, then any expansion content/packs already loaded will be deleted.

Regards

Ian

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »
That’s what I was afraid of. I’ll have to think about this.

Online EileenL

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 02:57:36 PM »
Have you also updated the YEM to 2.6 as the Christmas Pack will still be there and you can add the Superior to the YEM and then load both back into keyboard. You will have to load the pack into the YEM anyway if you want to chose the quick load.ie load as a CQI and not a CPI.

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 03:00:02 PM »
Thanks Eileen ,I think I will just wait ,I’m getting out of my depth.

Offline torben

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 03:14:40 PM »
Thank you Graham. Ok - anyone could do us a favor uploading the new styles please, so some of us could work on inserting missing voices?

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline Bill

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 05:15:59 PM »
Hi Torben

Simply go to the Yamaha site -  scroll down the page and you can download them all.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabsRegards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 05:54:55 PM »

Hi Bill, I have only had my Genos for just over a month now, I have put the new V2 software  on successfully,
      but could I be right in thinking that the new styles, voices are waiting  in the expansion  folder to be opened?
      I probably  hadn't  noticed these as I saw the looper and  other changes, the fact I am still a newby to Genos
      am still delving into the styles etc that are already standard. ???

Lynda

Offline Toril S

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 06:11:16 PM »
Hi Lynda! To get the new styles and voices you have to install the Genos Superior expansion pack. It is free.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Lyndyloo

Offline pjd

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 06:31:58 PM »
Perhaps someone can share the new styles (styles only). But the new styles are using the new voices, and the new voices are applicable to ver 2.0 only. Yamaha activated a restriction, that the new pack cannot installed on Ver 1.41.

So Fred is right, the new styles only work with the update.

Uli

Hi Uli --

Thanks for the explanation. Has anyone produced a list of the new styles? Having seen the list of voices, I'm not sure if or when I'll install the whole pack.

Thanks everyone -- pj

Offline voodoo

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 06:43:12 PM »
Hi Uli --

Thanks for the explanation. Has anyone produced a list of the new styles? Having seen the list of voices, I'm not sure if or when I'll install the whole pack.

Thanks everyone -- pj

Look here:

https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/2/1298642/GenosV2Pack_DataList.pdf

:)
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline voodoo

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 06:49:46 PM »
And this is the list of songs that match the new styles (from the playlist):

(My favourite is 90sRosesBallad style for November rain)

TITLE   FILEPATH   REGIST   OPENVIEWER
Adios Amor   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Adios Amor.rgt   0   OFF
Ain't No Mountain High Enough   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ain't No Mountain High Enough.rgt   0   OFF
Circle Of Life   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Circle Of Life.rgt   0   OFF
Dich zu lieben   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Dich zu lieben.rgt   0   OFF
Don't Cry For Me Argentina   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Don't Cry For Me Argentina.rgt   0   OFF
Everybody's Talkin'   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Everybody's Talkin'.rgt   0   OFF
Fading   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Fading.rgt   0   OFF
Felicita   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Felicita.rgt   0   OFF
Gold   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Gold.rgt   0   OFF
Gonna Build A Mountain   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Gonna Build A Mountain.rgt   0   OFF
Hinterm Horizont gehts weiter   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Hinterm Horizont gehts weiter.rgt   0   OFF
How D'Ya Like Your Eggs In The Morning   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/How D'Ya Like Your Eggs In The Morning.rgt   0   OFF
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You).rgt   0   OFF
I Want To Know What Love Is   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/I Want To Know What Love Is.rgt   0   OFF
Ich schick Dir einen Ballon   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ich schick Dir einen Ballon.rgt   0   OFF
In My Mind   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/In My Mind.rgt   0   OFF
It Must Have Been Love   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/It Must Have Been Love.rgt   0   OFF
It's A Beautiful Day   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/It's A Beautiful Day.rgt   0   OFF
Jolene   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Jolene.rgt   0   OFF
Love Is In The Air   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Love Is In The Air.rgt   0   OFF
Magic Moments   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Magic Moments.rgt   0   OFF
More Than A Woman   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/More Than A Woman.rgt   0   OFF
Mosaik   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Mosaik.rgt   0   OFF
My Kind Of Girl   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/My Kind Of Girl.rgt   0   OFF
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.rgt   0   OFF
November Rain   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/November Rain.rgt   0   OFF
Ob Du glaubst oder nicht   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ob Du glaubst oder nicht.rgt   0   OFF
On Days Like These   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/On Days Like These.rgt   0   OFF
Party Hitmix   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Party Hitmix.rgt   0   OFF
Rockabye   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Rockabye.rgt   0   OFF
San Pedro   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/San Pedro.rgt   0   OFF
Schone Urlaubzeit   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Schone Urlaubzeit.rgt   0   OFF
Sex Bomb   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Sex Bomb.rgt   0   OFF
Sexy   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Sexy.rgt   0   OFF
Slowenischer Wein   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Slowenischer Wein.rgt   0   OFF
Speechless   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Speechless.rgt   0   OFF
Stark   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Stark.rgt   0   OFF
Stimmen im Wind   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Stimmen im Wind.rgt   0   OFF
Stop In The Name Of Love   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Stop In The Name Of Love.rgt   0   OFF
Suspicious Minds   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Suspicious Minds.rgt   0   OFF
Sweet Caroline   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Sweet Caroline.rgt   0   OFF
Take On Me   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Take On Me.rgt   0   OFF
The Impossible Dream   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/The Impossible Dream.rgt   0   OFF
The Logical Song   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/The Logical Song.rgt   0   OFF
Ti Amo   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Ti Amo.rgt   0   OFF
Tonight   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Tonight.rgt   0   OFF
Trompetenecho   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Trompetenecho.rgt   0   OFF
Walzer der Liebe   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Walzer der Liebe.rgt   0   OFF
Warum hast Du nicht nein gesagt   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/Warum hast Du nicht nein gesagt.rgt   0   OFF
What About Us   I:/PlaylistForGenosV2SuperiorPack/What About Us.rgt   0   OFF
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: rgw, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 08:03:35 PM »
Hi Lynda! To get the new styles and voices you have to install the Genos Superior expansion pack. It is free.

I hadn't  downloaded the superior pack, durhhh :) oh dear nevermind, have done it now though & followed Heidruns video on how to install it.

Thank you :)

Online EileenL

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 11:48:21 PM »
Don't forget to download the Playlist for the superior pack.

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2019, 12:32:05 AM »

It   seems that I got a lot of interest in these styles...I am not convinced yet about upgrading to OS 2.0, as I seem to read a lot of issues with people installing the software.
I am not interested in the Chord Looper or the " New Voices ". But am keen on just loading the styles to Geno's.
 I thank all that respond to my thread question.
Ronnie
 :'( :'(

Online roltec54

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2019, 06:52:46 AM »
Hello EILEEN,
First of all, thank you for your valuable advice!
I installed the GENOS V2.0: everything is ok.as well as YEM 2.60 but how do you choose to load.ie fast load as CQI and not an IPC?
have a good day
Michel (Roltec54)

Online EileenL

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2019, 12:18:05 PM »
Hello Michel,
  When you select the pack you want to load and put a tick in it choose how you want to load it. I always select USB because my internet speed is rather slow at times.
  At the bottom of the screen you will now see the name of the file and under that you will see save as CQI file. Choose this and OK it. It will now be on the USB as a quick load file. Just put the stick  into your keyboard and install.

Online roltec54

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »
Hello Eileen,
thanks for your answer, i installed genos v02 = OK, i installed YEM 2.60 = OK, i loaded the pack GENOS SUPERIOR PACK by YEM then USB file .CPI and GENOS pack installation, then i loaded other packs by YEM then USB but with this time file .CQI and GENOS pack installation but also in .CQI file, it still formats and removes the pack GENOS SUPERIOR PACK.
is there another way to install the .CQI file?
cordially
Michel (Roltec54)

Online EileenL

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2019, 02:52:29 PM »
Did you follow these instructions
Readme File / VOICE & STYLE EXPANSION PACK

(1) Files
    This Pack offers you the following.

Expansion Pack Project File (.cpf) : YES
    Readme File (.txt) : YES

(2) How to use Expansion Pack Project File
    1. Import the Expansion Pack Project file(.cpf) file to *Yamaha Expansion Manager (version 2.6.0 or later).
    2. Pick your favorite content from various Expansion Pack Project files, and create an original Pack Installation file(.cpi) by selecting [Save to USB Memory].
    3. Install the Pack Installation file to your instrument, refer to direction(2).

*for users who use Yamaha Expansion Manager for first time, please refer to direction(3).

(3) Basic setup direction for Yamaha Expansion Manager
    1. Connect the USB flash drive to the [USB TO DEVICE] terminal.
    2. Call up the operation display via [MENU] -> [Expansion].
    3. Touch [Export Instrument Info] and retrieve Instrument Info(.n27). Disconnect the USB flash drive.
    4. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer, and start up Yamaha Expansion Manager.
    5. Import Instrument Info to Yamaha Expansion Manager by selecting [Import Instrumental Info] on
  • button next to the Install Target.

As you will see it is the CPF file you load into YEM and then create your CPI file to load into Genos.

Online roltec54

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2019, 05:03:57 PM »
Thank you EILEEN
Exactly what I do according to the file "link me" and also following your advice, but it's after I do not know how to do, the VOICE & STYLE expansion pack is donations installed on my genos by the .CPI file.
Then, I want to load other packs using fast transfer .CQI upload
In the yem I check the packages that I want to install, yem prepare the transfer folder, I load it on USB key as a .CQI file and then in genos "menu 2" installation package click on Genos_PackInstalData.cqi but on each test it reformat l expand and install the files I selected and remove the VOICE & STYLE expansion pack installed in .CPI. It takes almost an hour to load.
if you can help me on this famous .CQI file (fast loading and without reformatting)
big thank you in advance
Michel (Roltec54)

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2019, 02:22:20 PM »
Hello '

Just downloaded  and installed the version 2.0 and the superior pack yesterday.   Was quite surprised how easy it was for me to
do those  maneuvers with all your help and advice.
Have not tried the chord looper yet, but dabbled with the style repeat function.
I only loaded the styles,, cpi not the other YEM,, as do not use that even though understand there is a free pack available on a few
yamaha sites.
 The playlist is only a text file so do not know how that gets installed.
Also understand there are new voices?? Would like to know how to access them.. where are they???
Will make more attention to volume levels on preset styles,, and voices as that was indicated below in a few posts that the new
version did affect those levels.
Had a fun time trying out the 40 new styles in the 2.0 version and the new styles in that pack.   I did not know that those
styles are connected to songs.   Until get that playlist squared around can somebody advise which style was for Circle of Life
was it the animated african one?
Voodoo in previous post listed the registrations for the songs, but would like to know which styles go with what.
Again thanks to all of you for generously offering assistance for installing the new version and the new pack.
Certainly the experience did not jump up the blood pressure... :-X :-\ :D >:( :( :) :) :)

all the best
cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

The following users thanked this post: OmbDave

Online EileenL

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »
Hi Elaine,
  Save the unzipped Playlist folder on your USB stick. Make sure you only have this stick in keyboard.
Now press Playlist button. Touch the title at the top center of the page and select USB1. Now select Superior playlist. Select a registration bank you want to load in and play away.
   To find voices. Press any voice select button and make sure you are on USER. You will now see a folder marked Expansion Press this and you will find the voices.

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Thanks for the help.
Was able to load the playlist on the user section with the registrations... Just got through testing some of the tunes.
Have not as yet accessed those user voices from the pack,,, am sure they are lurking where you have indicated.
Am very pleased was able to get this far.   Enjoying the Genos more than ever.
Thanks again.

cheers
elaine

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2019, 07:19:13 PM »
It   seems that I got a lot of interest in these styles...I am not convinced yet about upgrading to OS 2.0, as I seem to read a lot of issues with people installing the software.
I am not interested in the Chord Looper or the " New Voices ". But am keen on just loading the styles to Geno's.
 I thank all that respond to my thread question.
Ronnie
 :'( :'(

I have downloaded the playlist  today successfully  Eileen, there are some great sounds on there, one on there for a Robert Palmer song 'Addicted to Love'  is spot on, among a few more modern songs. :)

Online EileenL

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2019, 12:00:43 AM »
Yes the new styles are very impressive and the OTS is very good to.

Offline pjd

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »
I have downloaded the playlist  today successfully  Eileen, there are some great sounds on there, one on there for a Robert Palmer song 'Addicted to Love'  is spot on, among a few more modern songs. :)

Thanks, Lyndyloo! Which style did you use for "Addicted To Love."

Addicted to that tune -- pj    :)

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2019, 10:12:44 PM »
Hi - I see a list of Songs here; is there a list of new Styles by name, and which Song they seem intended for?  I guess this could be figured out by loading/using the Playlist and observing which Style is called up ....

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2019, 11:07:36 PM »
Hi - I see a list of Songs here; is there a list of new Styles by name, and which Song they seem intended for?  I guess this could be figured out by loading/using the Playlist and observing which Style is called up ....

That’s what the playlist is for.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online EileenL

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2019, 11:35:00 AM »
Hi Elaine,
  Just press Right 1 voice. Now select USER and on the left at the bottoms of the list you will see Expansion Just press this and you will see the folder. Open it and there are the voices.

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »
Thanks, Lyndyloo! Which style did you use for "Addicted To Love."

Addicted to that tune -- pj    :)

Hi PJ, it is actually  called Sexy , German Rock on the new superior  playlist..

Lynda

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2019, 07:30:57 AM »
Hi Elaine,
  Save the unzipped Playlist folder on your USB stick. Make sure you only have this stick in keyboard.
Now press Playlist button. Touch the title at the top center of the page and select USB1. Now select Superior playlist. Select a registration bank you want to load in and play away.
   To find voices. Press any voice select button and make sure you are on USER. You will now see a folder marked Expansion Press this and you will find the voices.

Thanks Eileen, :) :)
The voices have been found.
Also found registrations.

all the best
cheers
elaine

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2019, 04:43:23 PM »
Here is a list of Song titles and corresponding Styles, from Superior Pack.  I simply used the data in the Playlist files supplied by Yamaha. . .

Hope it's helpful to some ...

Jim

[attachment deleted by admin]
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

The following users thanked this post: motifes, Arnie, whitey, wersianer