Author Topic: My new SX900 finally arrived today.  (Read 2848 times)

Senn5

My new SX900 finally arrived today.
« on: November 16, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »
Well after months of waiting she is finally here. But do have a couple of questions if you guys don't mind.

1. I downloaded the Bonus Playlist from Yamaha to USB stick. How do I load that into the SX900 so I don't have to use the USB stick all the time. One thing I have noticed is that if the unit is on for any length of time the USB gets very hot? Not sure if that is normal.

2. If I connect the usb to my computer can I not just use the drive on my computer instead of using a USB stick at all?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll try not to bug you guys too much.

Offline Toril S

Re: My new SX900 finally arrived today.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 06:28:28 PM »
We are here to be bugged!😀 That is the purpose of this forum, to help each other. I do not know about the playlist function. If the USB stick is hot I think this is normal
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »
The Playlist works from USB1 just as it dose on Genos. Most USB sticks get a little warm but they should not get hot. The user section is not that large so I use a mini USB stick in my keyboard all the time with no problem.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 11:24:25 PM »
Hi ,
My USB gets rather warm too, glad to hear that’s quite normal.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 12:39:19 PM »
If the shell of the USB stick is metal it tends to get warmer. But if it gets burning hot there is something wrong.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Senn5

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 03:05:25 PM »
Thanks for the quick replies. Yes Toril you were right on the money. The USB I was using did in fact have a metal case. I swapped it out for another one I had with plastic and it barely even gets warm after two to three hours. It was a Kingston 32GB DataTraveler 50 that I just purchased as it was one  recommended on the Yamaha site. It got way to hot for my liking.

on another note....I did find it strange though that if you have the SX900 connected to a computer with the USB cable, that you couldn't transfer data from computer to keyboard other than midi data. I have a home recording studio and thought that the SX900 and computer would communicate better with just one USB cable, and eliminate a flash drive. (Example loading playlist direct from computer.)
Thanks again for replies, much appreciated.

Offline ton37

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 04:18:33 PM »
FYI, for filemanagement the Musicsoft Downloader is also helpful?

And enjoy your new sx900 :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 04:20:20 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton