Author Topic: Reverting from 2.0 to 1.41  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Fred Smith

Reverting from 2.0 to 1.41
« on: November 17, 2019, 02:22:31 AM »
The good news is that you can go back from 2.0 to 1.41.

The bad news is that everything gets reset to factory defaults again.

Fortunately, I wrote everything down before upgrading to 2.0, so it's just a matter of taking another 5 minutes to re-enter them again.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Re: Reverting from 2.0 to 1.41
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 02:45:32 AM »
I really want to know who needs 1.41 when I already have 2.0.
Version 1.41 What's better than this new version 2.0?
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 04:25:54 AM »
Due to the OS being Linux.
We can rollback the Update.
It's a no-brainer to go from
2.0 to 1.4.
But the good thing is " We Can"
Future updates could have Bugs.

So it's a good thing.
Well spotted!
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 05:14:17 AM »

Text files have larger fonts in 1.41.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 06:11:42 AM »
I played some hours yesterday with 2.0. there were some strange behaviours I didn’t experience before
- no note off after a registration switch
- a style that totally bugged. I need to recall my registration from scratch

Not sure it is due to 2.0 but ....

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 09:44:00 AM »

Fortunately, I wrote everything down before upgrading to 2.0, so it's just a matter of taking another 5 minutes to re-enter them again.

Cheers,
Fred

If you have a backup in * .BUP format, you can also restore the system settings.
Watch my video channel

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »
If you have a backup in * .BUP format, you can also restore the system settings.
I believe the video posted earlier says that there are a lot of system settings that the backup won't restore. I love Yamaha but they make things way too complicated except for the very gifted computer users. I'm sticking with my original factory system because these upgrades are shrouded with mystery.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 01:06:10 PM »
Due to the OS being Linux.
We can rollback the Update.
It's a no-brainer to go from
2.0 to 1.4.
But the good thing is " We Can"
Future updates could have Bugs.

So it's a good thing.
Well spotted!
"No brainer?" For you perhaps :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »

It's probably a reason that Yamaha removed the previous updates from the website, and that's only 2.0 to find.
Not any problem for those of us that keep what we downloaded earlier stored in our archives, but might be hard to find for others that for any reasons want to revert.
To take some time and wait a bit before jump to the latest update and see what different reports say is always a good thing,  but most of us is not as much patient and want to explore new stuff and get rid of (if any) known bugs in existing OS as fast as possible. 😎

Nobrainer or not, to me a downgrade won't happen, I'm heading forward, looking for the future while wait for the next surprise from Yamaha. Bugfixes, upgrades, fullfill our wishlists or whatever. 👍 🎅
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 03:03:01 PM »
Hi
I cannot see any problems at all with this new update
Chord looper will help in difficult song situations and laying a backing track down and add in the fills after. That is if you want .
Apart from that it is just as easy to play a song  and chords together. Less fussing about.
For people who gig, i suppose there is extra organization added to make things easier.
The more you delve into the Genos the more you will find
In my view it is best to keep things as simple as possible and get to that finished recording.
Why people want to go backwards is beyond me as forward is the way to go. For me change is something you have to get used to.
What i cannot understand is if all Genos keyboards are the same , why do people have differences. It should in theory all come out the same with the Version 2 update.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ckobu

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 03:08:53 PM »
I believe the video posted earlier says that there are a lot of system settings that the backup won't restore. I love Yamaha but they make things way too complicated except for the very gifted computer users. I'm sticking with my original factory system because these upgrades are shrouded with mystery.

If we have Backup made on version 1.41, it will surely restore all system settings when we restore Genos from V2 to 1.41.

Of course, the same Backup (V1.41) will not restore the settings if it is in Genos V2. She wrote that Yamaha as an important warning.
Watch my video channel

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 03:37:11 PM »
You go back if the feature that was important to you is gone, as larger fonts in texst files. Obviously not everything goes forward in this update!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »
Why people want to go backwards is beyond me as forward is the way to go. For me change is something you have to get used to.

I’ve explained why I had to go back. The font sizes in text files are about 20% smaller in 2.0, making it difficult for my audience to read the lyrics.

It’s more important that my audience enjoy the show, than anything 2.0 had to offer me.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ