Author Topic: Enjoying New Superior Pack Styles and YEM  (Read 3180 times)

Offline rattley

Enjoying New Superior Pack Styles and YEM
« on: November 17, 2019, 01:00:52 AM »
Hello,

Until yesterday I had never installed or used YEM. Last night I installed firmware 2.0 and YEM.  I had no problem creating and getting the pack into my Genos. I've been enjoying playing the new styles. Some are outstanding!!  I have some questions about these packs:

Can these new voices be used freely in other onboard styles?  Must the pack always be installed to use those voices?

Tonight I will try and do some edits and see what happens.  -charley

Offline valimaties

Re: Enjoying New Superior Pack Styles and YEM
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:57:42 AM »
Hello,

Until yesterday I had never installed or used YEM. Last night I installed firmware 2.0 and YEM.  I had no problem creating and getting the pack into my Genos. I've been enjoying playing the new styles. Some are outstanding!!  I have some questions about these packs:

1. Can these new voices be used freely in other onboard styles?  2. Must the pack always be installed to use those voices?

Tonight I will try and do some edits and see what happens.  -charley

1. Yes, you can use them, but you have to save the style as a user style after changing the voices. The best place to save them, after you modify, is USER.

2. Yes. If you unload the pack, entirely, or some of the content from it, the modified styles that use voices and drums from Expansion content it will not be played, and will not be replaced automatically by a correspondent voice ;) You have to be careful what content use and what content you unload.
On each transfer from YEM to keyboard, you have to keep checked the content you already have installed in Expansion memory of keyboard. DO NOT uncheck it from YEM, because it will unload from keyboard too :) (This happening for Pack Installation file CPI and Wireless transfer).

I did not make till now a CQI (Pack quick installation file), but I think HERE is the option where you can select ONLY the content you want to APPEND to what is already installed in Expansion memory of keyboard.

Regards,
Vali

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:02:47 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: rattley

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 09:32:56 AM »
If one want to select only a few styles of a pack: What is the 'best' method for checking which voices are used by that particular style for a partial pack installation?
My best regards,
Ton

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »
If one want to select only a few styles of a pack: What is the 'best' method for checking which voices are used by that particular style for a partial pack installation?

Use MixMaster, Or one of the Jorgen's Software.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 10:34:20 AM »
Or push Direct Access followed by 1 of the OTS buttons and the screen will show the voices used in the 4x OTS's for the loaded style.

John