Author Topic: Are there any New problems after Genos 2.0 Update? Log them here  (Read 32707 times)

Offline Dnj

Re: Are there any New problems after Genos 2.0 Update? Log them here
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2019, 02:21:09 PM »
When do you think the next V3.0 will come for Genos.....
maybe a lot of these needs will be addressed?
Lets not forget how many wonderful things the Genos has now.

Offline overover

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »
... I did check and all the parameters are much below the maximum capacity

To be precise -

Paramater             Capacity       Size in YEM

Voice Wave          3072               1074
Voice Parameter      61440               9666
Pack Install File      2048               1077

Hi Anand,

if the maximal Pack Install File Size is shown as only 2048 MB in your case, then that could be the error. YEM MUST show 4096 MB here!

Maybe you have updated from a YEM version prior to V2.4.0 without UNINSTALLING the old version (?)

Anyway, I recommend to UNINSTALL the YEM properly first, using Windows Control Panel (or "Settings - Apps & Features" when using Windows 10). (Your Packs in YEM will NOT be affected by doing this.) Then newly install YEM Version 2.6.0 and test again. Maybe it works then.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 04:42:06 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »
I think it is more likely to be something like 2.01 to iron out any little adjustments to this update.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2019, 03:30:08 PM »
IBut when I tried to access my MIDI files and folders located on the User Drive I ran into a big problem. I have several 'folders' of Midi files located on the User Drive and some of these folders have an extensive amount of sub-folders which contain various midi files. When I try to access a folder that has several sub-folders it takes a loooooooooong time before the sub-folders show up and then a loooooooong time when trying to access the actual Midi files themselves. And if I select a Midi file from within one of the sub-folders and then try to go back up to the main folder(s) section it also takes a loooooooooong time to get back to the main folder(s). For example, I have one folder that contains 49 pages of sub-folders and each sub-folder contains, in some cases, hundreds of midi files. Trying to access the contents of the Main folder took over 2 minutes before the sub-folders showed up. Then when I tried to access a sub-folder it took roughly one minute 36 seconds before the actual midi files showed up. After I chose a midi file and then tried to go back up to the sub-folder section it once again took a very long time. Completely unacceptable in my opinion. The problem only seems to happen when there are more than a specific number of sub-folders contained within a folder.

All the best,
Mike

My update to version 2 went without a hitch, and after resetting all my user settings,
I've been  giving the Genos a thorough going over,  to spot any irregularities before
probably travelling with it to Germany next.

I have a similar problem, but with a single folder where I keep my my user styles , in the
USB stick under the keyboard.

It takes up to 2 minutes when I push the "Styles" button before the file opens.

I normally goi back and forth to the original style file (for comparison) as I work on my
registrations, which has now become quite difficult.

As the  keyboard shows " Checking" and searches for the style, i could get up and go get a coffee  just
to return and find the machine still searching.

This is a single folder on my keyboard without any sub folders within.

I have saved these styles together with the registrations to the USB stick under the keyboard,
with the intention of travelling just with the USB stick for a recording session in Germany,
in case I can't take the Genos with me.
If I do take the Genos with me, this issue could be quite a problem, as studio time is expensive.
Not that I'll be paying for it,  as the studio will take care of all expenses, including airfare and
hotel.

Some user styles also hang on to the tempo of a previous registration until I open the style
file and click on it again.
This has never happened before, Neither with the Genos, nor with the Tyros.

I have also noticed that, while a style is running, the 8 channel lights for the style section in
the mixer do not light up when going from the master EQ/Compressor section directly to the
style section in the mixer. One has to first tap any other section, eg Panel etc.

The issue with smaller text has already been discussed by Fred others.
I just wonder about the motive of somebody deciding to make the letters smaller though.
Oh, and the playlist displays an error "file not found "

Best Regards,

Abby.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 04:56:28 PM by Pianoman »

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
I think it is more likely to be something like 2.01 to iron out any little adjustments to this update.
Agreed, Eileen like proper and conclusive documentation instead of all this guesswork about how to install this update successfully on all Genos keyboards, not just the factory fresh ones that have no "extras" added on that can be instantly destroyed :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Patt22

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2019, 05:05:28 PM »
Hello,

Yesterday, I noticed a small (big) display bug on my Genos! :(

And today I looked for the rift to get around it!....

When I am on the Mixing pages with a Style in operation... if I make a Master setting of the Q or Compressor during operation and I return to my Style 1 (or 2) mixing page the green LEDs that indicate the tracks in operation are all off and this on all Mix pages that have this small LED above the fader !

I have to go back and forth on the mix tabs (except the Master) or with the arrows to turn everything on!

Of course, we don't do this kind of adjustment all the time but in a moment of post-V2 programming, it's surprising and worrying! !

Can someone do the manipulation to check it out? Thank you.

I posted this bug on a French forum, and those who tested it reproduced it... and you?
Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...

Offline EileenL

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2019, 05:10:00 PM »
Hi Lee,
  Nothing is destroyed by the update. You just need to take note of any User settings you have made or EQ settings. Best way was to take screen shots of these and then resave them in after you had done the update. It was explained that your back up restore files would not work in the new version.
  Heidrun released a very informative video that was posted on this site that helped a lot of people.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2019, 05:57:41 PM »
Oh my! I have a serious case of vertigo⚠️
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:47:26 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »
Chris,

Where did you find the Analog Xperience pack for the Genos?   I thought is only available for the Montage.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2019, 07:13:40 PM »
Hello,

When I am on the Mixing pages with a Style in operation... if I make a Master setting of the Q or Compressor during operation and I return to my Style 1 (or 2) mixing page the green LEDs that indicate the tracks in operation are all off and this on all Mix pages that have this small LED above the fader !

I have to go back and forth on the mix tabs (except the Master) or with the arrows to turn everything on!

Of course, we don't do this kind of adjustment all the time but in a moment of post-V2 programming, it's surprising and worrying! !

I posted this bug on a French forum, and those who tested it reproduced it... and you?

Yes, my flashing green lights disappear if I just visit the Master tab and return to the style Pan/Volume tab (don' t need to alter settings to trigger it.) They never have shown on other edit categories in  Mixer apart from PV.
In my case I could not quickly find a way to retrieve them other than turning off and on. Luckily I'm not aware of a
critical need for them. Is it possible it may have been happening all along (even with Tyros if anyone rarely chose to visit the master tab at the "wrong" time) and it is the focus on V2 that has led to its discovery?

John
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:22:24 PM by jwyvern »

keynote

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2019, 07:35:47 PM »
Thank you all for your replies regarding my situation with update 2.0. Well, I decided to once again update to version 2.0 but I took an extra precaution prior to updating. I decided to reformat the USB stick that I used to update the Genos. I also kept my computer on and the Genos USB to Host cable was connected. The update went fine and after completing I turned my Genos off, waited several seconds, then turned it on again. Same message popped up during boot-up but I discovered this is normal and nothing to worry about.

I immediately went into my MIDI files/folders and surprise surprise the folders and sub-folders opened very quickly. The Midi files played fine and going up to the sub/main directories was also quick so I thought everything was okay. BUT! After spending some time looking at the features and functions/voices/expansion/etc., I decided to go back to the USER Drive where my Midi files/folders are located. When I tried to open up the main folder(s) again that contained a large number of sub-folders, it took a very long time sad to say. Same thing when opening the sub-folders and then going back to the sub/main directories. It is definitely a problem, depending on how many sub-folders (and possibly midi files within the sub-folders) there are. I decided to cut in half the amount of sub-folders within each main folder that experienced the extreme time delays and that basically solved the problem. Although this shouldn't be necessary since my midi files and sub-folders were within the defined storage limit(s) set by Yamaha for the Genos. As evidenced by the fact that when I completed the OS 2.0 update and then immediately went into the USER DRIVE to test the Midi Files/Folders/Sub-Folders they initially responded very quickly which surprised me needless to say. But then after several minutes and then testing them out again the problem had returned. Not sure what's really going on but hopefully Yamaha will look into it and if possible provide a fix in a future update. For now the workaround is an acceptable solution for me and so I'm a happy camper once again. I will definitely keep OS 2.0 installed going forward. To the other members with various problems regarding update 2.0 I hope they will all be addressed in the near future by Yamaha.

PS: Hopefully update 2.0 is not the end of the line for the Genos. I'm guessing Genos II will be released in a couple years or thereabouts so we have about two years of hopefully great things to come for the current Genos. OS update 2.0 is a great addition to an already fantastic arranger keyboard but there is always room for improvement as they say.  ;) Kudos to Yamaha engineers for providing all these new features and functions for the Genos and of course for the new styles and sounds which is icing on the cake.  8)

All the best,
Mike     
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:40:33 PM by keynote »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2019, 07:36:07 PM »
Vali,

Saving Live Control settings in registrations is not just for EDM.  It's a very powerful new feature that can be used for any kind of music.  It's a wonderful enhancement to registration memory. I think if you experiment with it you will find it very useful.

;)

Joe H

Hi Joe.
For music I play it's useless. But is good to be there for other users, it's ok.

Th only thing it intrigues me is  WHY if I have Slider Assign Screen and Save the registration , when I recall the registration the Knob Assign Screen is raised ???  (Live Controls checked in Memory Screen)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:38:44 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2019, 07:37:03 PM »
Off topic

Chris,

Where did you find the Analog Xperience pack for the Genos?   I thought is only available for the Montage.

Joe H

Hi Joe,

good observation! ;)

I am just doing the last Beta Tests of this new Pack for Peter Krischker (Easy Sounds). The release of the "Analog Xperience" Pack (for Genos / Tyros5 / PSR-S / PSR-SX) is scheduled for the upcoming weekend. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:01:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2019, 08:23:38 PM »
Yes, my flashing green lights disappear if I just visit the Master tab and return to the style Pan/Volume tab (don' t need to alter settings to trigger it.) They never have shown on other edit categories in  Mixer apart from PV.
In my case I could not quickly find a way to retrieve them other than turning off and on. Luckily I'm not aware of a
critical need for them. Is it possible it may have been happening all along (even with Tyros if anyone rarely chose to visit the master tab at the "wrong" time) and it is the focus on V2 that has led to its discovery?

John

Quote from: Patt22 on Today at 18:05:28

Hello,

Of course, we don't do this kind of adjustment all the time but in a moment of post-V2 programming, it's.       surprising and worrying! !

=====================================================================

Hello Patt22

I have this exact same problem, plus the other  issues i mentioned above.
Maybe someone here might know how to help.

As for me, I'm going to try and go back to version 1.40, if I still have it on my PC.
I'll wait a couple of months before installing ver 2.0 again.
Hopefully a solution will have been found by then.

Best Regards,

Abby.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:36:08 PM by Pianoman »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2019, 09:55:37 PM »
I tried to "discover" this bug, but to me it's ok, all green lights are still lightning after modifying values of Compressor.  ???

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2019, 11:41:23 PM »
Same bug for me. While a style is playing, just shifting from Style page on mixer to the Master page and then again to the Style page, green light meters stop working until stop/restart the style.

Francesco

Yes, I've see now. The same happening with Panel tab, I checked it for Rights... Probably Master tab has some influence about controls/objects use in those other pages.
But is not necessary to stop the style, if you go to Panel tab or MPad, or Song and back to Style tab, it will work again.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 11:43:51 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Henry Millbrook

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »
For Gunnar Jonny, I tried that Menu, Utility etc but it didn't make a difference. Could it be because I don't connect the Genos to the interweb?

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
For Gunnar Jonny, I tried that Menu, Utility etc but it didn't make a difference. Could it be because I don't connect the Genos to the interweb?

No, I don't think that's any problem. Internet connected is nice to keep the clock automatic adjusted. but it's possible to set the clock/time in Menu page 2 / time.
Also read reference Guide page 154.

Maybe you have to adjust he clock to current time, but in my screen it's the Time Stamp on/off that place the clock at top right corner of the screen.
I tried again, and it works, but after set to 'off' I had to restart Genos to make time disapear from the screen. When swap to 'on', no restart was nessesary, clock pooed up at screen at once.
Try set clock first, then go via Utility and set Timestamp to on. If not visible at screen, try restart Genos.

Maybe some others here know about this matters can step in and advise if it's any other way to do it.

Btw,
I tought 'timestamp' function only was to set time visible at files, such as styles when see in screen.......... ???

Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2019, 06:59:50 PM »
I don't know if it has been already reported here, but I find that Genos no longer saves reverb settings into a registration and this is for me a terrible thing. It only saves the return level. The funny thing is that it calls reverb settings correctly from an old 1.41 registration.  :o   Does it happen to you too?
Francesco
Francesco, my findings confirm yours. Parameters/ Details don't save to registration except for return.
Changes do save to user slots so they could be used as a workaround in registrations until a fix is made

John

Offline overover

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2019, 11:58:51 PM »
Off topic

Chris,

Where did you find the Analog Xperience pack for the Genos?   I thought is only available for the Montage ...

... I am just doing the last Beta Tests of this new Pack for Peter Krischker (Easy Sounds). The release of the "Analog Xperience" Pack (for Genos / Tyros5 / PSR-S / PSR-SX) is scheduled for the upcoming weekend. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Joe,

Peter Krischker (EASY SOUNDS) has released the "Analog Xperience" Expansion Pack for Genos, Tyros5, PSR-SX900/700, PSR-S975/775 and PSR-S970/770 today.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,53196.msg414709.html#msg414709

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:44:51 AM by overover »

Alfred59

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2019, 07:45:32 AM »
At last my genos has been taken in for investigation by Yamaha after being unable to upgrade for the third time. I’m looking forward to getting it back so I can try out the new features. Alfred

Offline DerekA

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2019, 11:14:11 AM »
Has anyone got the quick install to work?

I tried it by adding a pack after previously creating and loading a full install file (.cpi). The black bar in YEM (showing total installation size) grew a new green bit representing the additional data. i created the .cqi quick install pack (which was actually considerably larger than just the new data) but it didn't take long to build. After creating this, the bar in YEM was entirely black which I guess means it was ready to create a new quick install pack next time.

However the cqi pack did not install on the Genos. It got to about 20% then just froze up. I ended up cancelling it (which removed all expansion data) and just creating a new full .ppi file with all the packs. This one did install properly.

So has anyone had success with cqi ?
Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »
What does advertising new packs have to do with problems on Genos update.

Hi Eileen,

sorry for the confusion. My reply ---> #73 (I marked with "Off topic") is only the answer to JoeH's question in his reply ---> #60.

Joe had seen the aforementioned EasySounds Pack (which was not officially available at that time) in my screenshot in reply ---> #50.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline DerekA

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2019, 12:27:34 PM »
I don't know if it has been already reported here, but I find that Genos no longer saves reverb settings into a registration and this is for me a terrible thing. It only saves the return level. The funny thing is that it calls reverb settings correctly from an old 1.41 registration.  :o   Does it happen to you too?
Francesco

The V2 data manual shows that the effect parameters for master chorus / reverb / variation effect are NOT stored in a registration, but ARE stored in a song (MIDI file).

It also shows that effect parameters for insertion 21-28 (i.e. the style effects) are also NOT stored in a registration.

This is a surprise to me, I thought all effect parameters were saved.

I wonder why it worked in the previous version??? Previous versions of the data manual also say there are not stored.

The workaround - though inconvenient I guess - is to use a user effect for the reverb. User slots for reverb and chorus are separate to the slots for user insertion effects.
Genos

Bachus

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2019, 09:02:40 PM »
Os 2.0 is pretty unstable..
Espescially in the file management department..
It also has problems with user files, that where okay in 1.4

Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2019, 09:25:20 PM »
Ordered my Genos today.  Should I update to 2.0 before setting up the keyboard?

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2019, 09:56:12 PM »

Congrats!

If it's not already done by the seller, personally I would absolutely update before do any much adjustments.
Remember to download updated manuals and all goodies at the downloadsite.
Have fun, and enjoy. 👍

🎵🎵🎵🎹🎵🎵🎵
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2019, 10:25:01 PM »

Definitely .. . .

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline EileenL

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »
Yes I would say this is a must.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2019, 03:01:22 PM »
Absolutely! But ask the desler, maybe it already is done!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 05:16:58 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2019, 05:14:36 PM »
Abdolutely! But ask the desler, maybe it already is done!

OR

You can verify the OS version in Genos . . . (without having to ask the dealer)

Menu>Menu2>Utility>System . . .

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana