Author Topic: The Ghenos Pack for my Tyros 5  (Read 10451 times)

The Ghenos Pack for my Tyros 5
« on: November 16, 2019, 08:56:38 PM »
Hello,

I did install the Ghenos Pack in my Tyros 5.
Wonderful...now i can use all the Revo! Drumkits, Kinostrings and a lot of Genos Sounds in my T5.
It sounds original like the Genos.

Greetings
Siggi

beykock

Re: The Ghenos Pack for my Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 09:28:17 PM »
Hi :

Where can I find this V2 Genos pack for my T5 ?
Plse advise.

Thank you for helping me out.
Best wishes,

Babette
The Grateful

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 10:16:16 PM »
hi,

i did buy it at

keyboardtipsmx@gmail.com

simply a email to this adress and wait of answer.
for 55 Euro the most important Revo drums, Sounds and Styles from the Genos for Tyros 5. Unbelieveable....a Revolution.....

siggi

Offline TyrosTempest

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 07:04:43 PM »
Hi siggi are there any demos of this pack?

Thanks ernie
Yamaha dxr10 mark 2 TYROS 5 76 yamaha cp4
Past instruments: farfisa,technics e33,e44,e66,G7,C800.
Kn2000,kn3000,korg i3,Yamaha hs4,kn5000,Roland e500.
Psr9000,Tyros 1, 2, 3,4.

Offline TyrosTempest

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 07:09:17 PM »
Hi I did email them but couldn't access there website only information regarding PayPal

Thanks ernie
Yamaha dxr10 mark 2 TYROS 5 76 yamaha cp4
Past instruments: farfisa,technics e33,e44,e66,G7,C800.
Kn2000,kn3000,korg i3,Yamaha hs4,kn5000,Roland e500.
Psr9000,Tyros 1, 2, 3,4.

Offline Henni

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 06:53:18 AM »
This must be the most neglected pack ever that makes for the biggest style difference - seven layered Revo drums added to Genos styles on a non Genos Yamaha!!! AWESOME!

There are many FANTASTIC adons available for the older Yamaha's lately, this being one of them...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 06:58:20 AM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

The following users thanked this post: pmahl

Offline Dusan

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 12:28:27 PM »
How safe is that deal....? and can someone upload his site adress...
Dušan

If you want to fly,you must first walk....

Offline Henni

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »
See here & here & here.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 01:17:29 PM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

chopoland

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 12:23:30 PM »
I bought the pack and, honestly, I have to give it a 5/10. Here's what I liked and what I didn't like.

Good:

- The revo! batteries sound great.

- An economical package compared to Yamaha's.

Bad:

- Most styles are missing OST parts (piano icon with ---) and a few instrumental parts (drums, pads... the same icon as before).

- Some voices and styles already exist in Tyros 5.

- When switching from one OST to another, some parts have a considerably low volume difference.

Not a bad package, but it can certainly be improved, especially the previous details in the styles.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 12:27:49 PM by chopoland »

Keynote31

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 03:24:33 PM »
I bought the pack today,but for some reason YEM doesn’t recognise the file.  I can see it on the usb to which I downloaded it,but when I try import it as a new pack from the usb it shows the usb with no files. I suppose I am doing something wrong but I have installed several packs before without problems.

Online Bill

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »
I bought the pack today,but for some reason YEM doesn’t recognise the file.  I can see it on the usb to which I downloaded it,but when I try import it as a new pack from the usb it shows the usb with no files. I suppose I am doing something wrong but I have installed several packs before without problems.

The fact that the PC is not showing any files when attempting to import into the YEM would suggest that it cannot find the CPF / PPF File.  Use the explorer on the PC to see if the PPF/CPF is present.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 03:41:01 PM »

Hi Keynote31,

please check the extension (the filetype) of the downloaded file: Is it ZIP file (= a compressed archive file)? Then you have to unzip (decompress) that file first to get the original PPF file (Pack Project file). Then you should be able to import your new Pack into the YEM.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 03:44:30 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Keynote31

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 03:53:21 PM »
Many thanks for your help Gentlemen, my pc had a windows update last night and it seems to have messed up my system as I normally do a right click which unzips it without prob;ems....however I have lost that so I will have to find how to re-instate it....incidentally the Pack file is a RAR file. It took ages to download. Thanks for your help, I shall now go and se if I can Sort it!

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 04:04:21 PM »
Hi Keynote31,

I recommend to install "7-zip" (V19.00, 32- or 64 bit depending on your Windows version). This program works with most archive formats (e. g. zip, rar, and many more):

https://www.7-zip.org/

After installation, right-click on the rar file, click on "7-zip" in the context menu and select the desired function in the appearing menu.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:09:46 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Keynote31

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 04:15:58 PM »
Thanks for the help, the dreaded Windows update seemed to have messed up my system as I normally have 7Zip on my pc, so I have reinstalled it and am now waiting for unzip to complete then I can start playing with the new pack. Again many thank for your very prompt responses.

Keynote31

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »
 Having installed the pack I am not very impressed. Many of the styles are Rock, Pop and Disco. But some of the sounds are OK, but I wouldnt buy it if I had known this. Very few Easy Listening or swing styles.

Offline Telmo

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2020, 08:53:35 PM »
Hi I did email them but couldn't access there website only information regarding PayPal

Thanks ernie
I've just purchased the Pack for my SX900 and it really adds more realism to the styles. Here is the link where you can order it: https://playsounds-store.ecwid.com/Expansion-Pack-SX-Essentials-p173700807
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

epereirajle

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 03:42:44 PM »
They already have the Superior Pack for Tyros 4 with 12 drumkits, 55 sounds and also the styles.

I just bought it and will test now.

It is hard to find TY4 expansion packs nowadays...

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2021, 02:14:07 AM »
I bought the pack and liked it.
The drums sound very good. I thought the violins were excellent.
I noticed that some styles could go through some better tweaking, but overall it's a great pack.
I actually bought g master keys complete because on the site it said it was compatible with tyros5, but after talking they suggested the G-KEYS PLUS.
I haven't tested whether g master keys works either.
regards
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."