Author Topic: VS 2.0 and packs already loaded  (Read 3368 times)

Offline guitpic1

VS 2.0 and packs already loaded
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:18:54 PM »
Does anybody know?

I’m interested in loading OS vs. 2.0 but not the new Superpack...yet anyway.

However I have packs loaded on my Genos that I don’t want to lose.

Will updating to VS 2.0 erase my packs already loaded on my Genos?

Tx
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline MIKEP

Re: VS 2.0 and packs already loaded
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 04:44:04 PM »
No!

Offline soryt

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 04:53:53 PM »
it happend to me  :( :( and lost a lot . ( made back up ,but still)

And after the update the Genos react very slooooow  :-[

and stil no rotary control possible on External controller   :-[ :-[

and a lot of registrations dont have the right voices  ( samples are gone)

I didnt like YEm , but now i realy hate that program  :'( ( cant load separete files)

S, :-[
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline musicman01

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »
Hello,

I was able to install the v2.0 update perfectly as always no problem !! YEM v260 installed on my pc after first backup the previous one, but this was not necessary.
Installed the Superior pack with a fairly large number of expansion packs and a large number of self-made samples, also without any problem !!!!!
Even though I have put back my effects after a backup and made my EQ settings.
The software seems to work very well after more than 2 hours of playing.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 05:48:26 PM »
it happend to me  :( :( and lost a lot . ( made back up ,but still)

And after the update the Genos react very slooooow  :-[

and stil no rotary control possible on External controller   :-[ :-[

and a lot of registrations dont have the right voices  ( samples are gone)

I didnt like YEm , but now i realy hate that program  :'( ( cant load separete files)

S, :-[

:)
You can install OS v 2 WITHOUT YEM intervension. YEM is using only to transfer content to your keyboard. If you transfered something, makin a cpi with only some of your contents, it is normal to loose everything else. You have always to check all the content you want in your keyboard, even if you add only a voice, or a pack in YEM.
So, every time you have those green check icons to be there to have that content in your keyboard. It is really very simple.

The only problem I didn't know is the limitation from Drum Setup, by using only a couple of all drum kits installed in your keyboard.

And right now, I found that Legato is comporting different than on 1.41 version. If the first note is light pressed (a small volume/expression) the legato note (the second) will have the same volume/expression. This is not happening in v1.41. In old OS I was able to press a key very light to hear a small volume and the second one, hit it very hard, to have a full volume. Now, it's different! Anybody else see that?

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 01:33:20 PM »
Tx all for replying. 

I’m holding off upgrading for the time being.

Two reasons.

(1) YEM didn’t seem to load correctly on my Lenovo Windows 10.  And I tried exporting my packs from my Genos to the new YEM. 2.6. I really can’t tell if that worked. 

(2) There seem to be mixed reviews on 2.0. And if, for some reason, I did lose my expansion packs by upgrading to 2.0, I would be in big trouble as many of my songs/styles that I use are from those expansion packs.

Of the many hassles with software and Yamaha, is Musicsoft.  My musicsoft account shows I paid for two expansion packs for my Genos.  However, these packs can only be downloaded to my computer one time.  I changed computers after I paid for and downloaded these expansion packs and somehow lost the expansion pack files on my computer hard drive.  And even if I could download these expansion packs a second time, I can’t tell if YEM 2.6 is working.

When it comes to operating systems and software, Yamaha makes using them a real challenge. 😊
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »

To me the update went very well.
A message about data was lost because of iregular powerdown, even if it was done by the softwareinstaller appeared, but as far as I can see, nothing is wrong. I can see some others report the same issue. Cannot see any loss other than whats warned about in the description at downloadpage.

First installed V2 to Genos. Did not loose any styles or sounds, the packs in Expansion folder and evrything in userfolder still there.
Some settings, such as assignable, footswitches etc had to be redone, but to me that's not to complex, as I have not done too deep changes yet.

Then I installed YEM 2.6 as upgrade from previous version 2.5.3. Did not uninstall the old, just clicked install and the installer took care of the rest.
When open YEM, all previous pacs was visible, also the added memory, used and what's free was to see on top of the window.
Imported the new pack, ticked all packs to show green V, and pressed install. It took some time, and as usual the packinstall will format the flash, so to mark all packs to transfer is important. At the end of transfertime it 'hang' at '8 seconds left' for a while, about 2-3 minutes or so, then it said it was completed.
All in all, not as difficult as it may seem by some threads / posts. It was a kind of "Same procedure as every year James" 😁

The stylepack has many goodies, everything will not fit all, but the big majority will most likely find something that is useful.
For those who don't already know the titles and want to know what songs in the new playlist, I've added a .txt file extracted from it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline voodoo

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 04:20:08 PM »
The update does not change the loaded expansions. So I see no problem all.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D