Author Topic: Global turn down RH voices?  (Read 2380 times)

konaboy

Global turn down RH voices?
« on: November 17, 2019, 10:30:34 PM »
Hi
I enjoy using the OTS to call up voices to play in the right hand. I do find them usually to be too loud though, and overpowering. Of course, everything is tweakable, I could adjust and save a copy of the style.
I'm wondering if possible to globally adjust the balance of RH to style volume for all styles?  Or some other workaround that you can suggest?

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Global turn down RH voices?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:01:18 AM »
Just turn up the Style volume - problem solved.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

konaboy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:06:23 AM »
is this a per style setting, or global?

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 09:06:28 AM »
Hi konaboy,

• first of all, you could use a Volume Pedal (FC7). I recommend setting the Pedal so that only the RIGHT parts are affected. (If you want, you can also include the LEFT part.) Connect the Pedal to the switched OFF keyboard and then power ON. Now, press [Direct Access] button and press (turn) the pedal a little. This will open the display where you can make the Pedal settings. Save your customized Pedal settings at least in one so called "Setup Registration" (or save the desired Pedal settings with ALL Registrations).

Then you can easily control the Volume of the Keyboard Parts while playing, while keeping the Style and Multi Pad Volume levels unchanged. (If the Volume Pedal (FC7) is fully depressed, the affected Parts will have the same Volume as when the Pedal is NOT connected.)

• OTS do NOT change the STYLE Volume. So, you can simply increase the global STYLE Volume a little (in the MIXER display) if you think the RIGHT Voices are "too loud" when using the OTS.

• In principle, I recommend to create your own REGISTRATIONS and then play with them (instead of playing with the Preset OTS). You could also adjust the Keyboard Voice settings (Right 1/2, Left) and memorize it back to the OTS buttons. But then you have to newly save the STYLE, because the OTS are part of the Style data.

• You can also use a Live Controller knob. Assign one of the following functions to the desired knob:

Keyboard Volume:
      Adjusts the volume of all keyboard parts. This is convenient for adjusting the
      volume of all keyboard parts together for optimum balance with the others
      (MIDI Song, Style, Multi Pads, etc.).

Volume:
      Adjusts the volume of the selected parts or channels.
      Select Right 1/2 and possibly Left here, OR select Style.

Balance:
      Adjusts the volume balance between parts A and B. You can select which parts belong to
      A or B in the pop-up window called up via [Balance Setting] at the bottom of this display.
      (For example select Style for "Part A" and Right 1/2 for "Part B".)

Please refer also to SX900/700 Reference Manual, starting on page 117.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 11:02:58 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

konaboy

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 10:37:24 AM »
That was extremely helpful, thanks so much.
We've got some great options there, it's fantastic that so much is configurable for the preferences of the player.

I've been using the assignable knobs to adjust volume of the right part, but sometimes a bit fiddly to step through the three pages of assignable functions to get to the one you want.

I really like the idea of adjusting the STYLE volume, since as you say, this is not reset when you choose a new OTS. Also, the recommendation of an expression pedal assigned to Right volume is very interesting.  No more fumbling around in the menus or trying to find the right assignable knob page.  I'll try it out.