Author Topic: GNS-MS01 problem  (Read 6409 times)

Offline Lyndyloo

GNS-MS01 problem
« on: November 12, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
   I have had my Genos for a month now, the only thing that annoys me is that the small satellite speakers seem to have a resonating sound, particularly  for instance on Rhumba2, to me they sound rather tinny, unlike the T4 which sounded much richer with that particular  style.  I wondered  if anyone  knew of any different  settings that would correct  this problem?

Many Thanks
              Lynda

Offline EileenL

Re: GNS-MS01 problem
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 01:09:56 PM »
Try using different EQ and compressor settings and see if it is any different. My Genos sounds great through my speakers with no problem. What do you have your Bass woofer set at. I usually use mine at around six o'clock.

The following users thanked this post: Lyndyloo

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 01:28:14 PM »
Hi Eileen,
      I have my base speaker set at  6o'clock  too, as I had a phone conversation  with e- pianos at Banbury where I purchased my Genos from, but it doesn't  seem to make any difference  to the sound,  I'm  not sure where to start with altering things to be honest :) I have saved more registrations & done much more with this great machine than I ever did with my T4,  the T4 zips that you made sound really great on the Genos as they did on the Tyros, thank you for sharing the lovely sounds & styles.
   If I could get the better sounds on my speakers, I would be extremely  happy :)

Many Thanks
         Lynda

Offline alans

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
Hi Lynda

I am surprised you do not hear a difference to the sound by adjusting the bass woofer,mine is turned up to maximum,as it was when I had a Tyros 5 and sounds OK ,have you tried adjusting the EQ and Gain settings in the mixer section,you should definitely hear some difference by making changes there.Do not be afraid to make some changes in the mixer,it can always be reversed,it can make a lot of diference to the sound,room acoustics also affect the sound.I use the Genos sound system and find it is OK for my needs ,the room where I have my Genos is quite small,so no need for a large powerful sound system.

Best wishes

Alan 
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 02:20:29 PM »
I have the same problems!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 02:32:16 PM »
Hi Alan

Thank you, yes I will try adjusting  the EQ & Gains, see what I can change, I think I'm  afraid to mess things up ;) but as you say things can be put back to previous  settings. I shall give it a whirl later this evening,  will let you know how I get on.

Many Thanks
              Lynda

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 02:36:20 PM »
   I have had my Genos for a month now, the only thing that annoys me is that the small satellite speakers seem to have a resonating sound, particularly  for instance on Rhumba2, to me they sound rather tinny, unlike the T4 which sounded much richer with that particular  style.  I wondered  if anyone  knew of any different  settings that would correct  this problem?

Many Thanks
              Lynda

Hi Lynda,

Your bass speaker should be set at maximum.

There is an EQ setting page with the preset Natural Compressor at the SoundPacks site that works well with your GNS-MS01 speaker system:
https://www.soundpacks.co.uk/blogs/news/eq-settings-for-genos

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 02:49:17 PM »

Thanks Paul, will certainly  go on the link.

Lynda

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »
  Hi Paul

Tried the sound pack you recommended,  what a difference  it has made to the sound, although I only put the Gain to 8dbs  rather than the EQ Gold 12, that had way too much bass, especially  the dance styles for my liking. I still find anything trumpet, brass wise still sounds with a bit of resonance  on the satellite  speakers, but not as bad as before, I think that I just got so used to my T4 speakers & sounds, totally  different  keyboard  :) must move on to the wonderful  Genos :)

Lynda

Lloyd E

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 07:00:05 PM »
It's true that getting used to certain sounds on a keyboard does have problems when buying a new unit. Ric Iannone, Wersi and Roland demonstrator who is an
excellent musician and my friend once told me this story and I have remembered it.  A person came into the showroom to listen to a Wersi Organ. The Wersi
organs have very good sounds. At the time Wersi had a oboe that was really excellent so Ric used that oboe to demonstrate the Wersi.

Much to Ric's surprise the man was not at all impressed by the oboe, saying his old organ oboe sounded much better.  Getting used to a sound on a organ or
keyboard can be a negative because it becomes difficult to really hear when a certain sound is improved.  We have to forget the old and pay attention to
the new.  Hope you have success with the differences in sounds.   Regards, Lloyd