Author Topic: Problem with YEM wave size  (Read 18086 times)

Offline valimaties

Problem with YEM wave size
« on: November 10, 2019, 06:27:45 PM »
Hi.

Someone did encountered this situation?!

I opened YEM and I want to add a new pack. But when I select Genos, in the left part, YEM is calculating me 2142/1783 . But, all of those packs which are in the YEM I have already installed in my keyboard, and I have checked is all content, not only a custom selection. Without the new pack it is show me 2075/1783. I don't know what happening. I deleted all content and I've starts from scratch, adding each content, pack by pack. But the same thing happening. To much information and I don't know why.

Please, some advice!  :( :-\

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

Re: Problem with YEM wave size
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
Problem solved (partially)

YEM v 2.5.3 shows me to much waves file.
I have uninstalled it and I have installed v 2.5.1 (I don't have 2.5.2 setup file, maybe someone could help me with that file I have found the 2.5.2 setup file, and replaced 2.5.1 with 2.5.2).
2.5.1 2.5.2 it shows me 1447/1783, the same content selected. So, the problem is in 2.5.3 version.

I will write an email to Yamaha.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:04:53 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 07:34:10 PM »
Hi Vali,

I don't think that this is a problem or bug of YEM V2.5.3. Some (newer) Packs may work only with V2.5.3 (and are not fully supported by previous YEM versions). This could be the reason that you "see" fewer Packs in V2.5.1 / 2.5.2.

I recommend to always use the latest YEM version. So far I have not heard that V2.5.3 would be "buggy".

What happens if you click on the green checkmark on each pack (one after the other), so that finally ALL checkmarks have turned to gray? (Scroll up / down, to be sure you have done this really for ALL Packs.) Normally, the Vocal Wave Size should be shown as "20 / 1783 MB" then.

Now you can newly select the desired Packs and, if desired, also de-select some content of the Packs.

If this does NOT solve your problem, I recommend the following:

• Install YEM V2.5.3 again (On Windows you always have to DEINSTALL the YEM program before installing another Version!)

• In Windows Explorer go to the User folder of the YEM ("C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager").

• RENAME the subfolder "Packs" there (for example to "Packs OLD").

• Restart YEM, install your Packs again and test again. (A new, empty folder "Packs" will be created automatically at restarting YEM.)

• IF the problem persists, you can RENAME the folder "Expansion Manager" (to "Expansion Manager OLD"). On restarting YEM, a new, empty folder "Expansion Manager" will be created. Then you have to import the "Instrument Info" file of your keyboard again (and possibly type in the Yamaha MusicSoft login data again).

P.S.
To quickly open the folder "C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\" press [Windows] + R (to open the Run dialog), type in %LocalAppData% and press [Enter].

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:39:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 08:10:35 PM »
Hi Cris.

Thank you for your post.

I have made YEM Content Explorer software... I know enough about the installation of this software, folder structure, files structure, etc...

So, lets say again  (I have said in first post).
I have deleted all the content (YEM is empty, no folder there) Started YEM and it creates folder structure and first ini files (two right know). I have reimported all content, pack by pack. The same issue, size to big.
Uninstalled  2.5.3, and installed 2.5.2. Started 2.5.2 it sees ~1400 MB. All the packs had light green icon (v2.5.2 and v2.5.3). I have checked all packs by clicking on each pack, all content is checked. And it is normally to be so, as Pack icon is light green, otherwise it had been a bug, but all working fine with icons here.
So, I have all content already installed in my keyboard and I use it (checked each pack, each voice is loading and playing).
When I install 2.5.3 version, it says it is bigger than installation maximum size.
I don't think that content is not read in 2.5.2, as I use it right now!

I have uninstalled 2.5.3, installed again 2.5.2, all is good, it sees the size correctly. I have installed the new pack, which is a 3rd party pack, it increase the size as it has to be, to 1514MB. I send the installation thru wireless and all is good.

So IMPOV,  I think 2.5.3 has some wave size allocation issue. I think the same sample it uses (counts) twice or as many times is installed in different packs, which is not happening in old versions.

BTW, I make a challenge: uninstall 2.5.3 and install 2.5.2 version and see what is the size of Voice Wave of all checked content on that version, and if is the same, it means my packs has something strange ;)
Maybe, more than a user can do this and tell us if something is happening with their installations. Preferable, users which uses 3rd party packs or custom voices. :)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:14:15 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 08:59:13 PM »
Hi Vali,

I know that you have programmed the "YEM Content Explorer Software", of course. I had written something in detail, so possibly other users can use my suggestions. ;)

As far as I know, a new YEM version will be released in conjunction with the Genos update 2.0. Maybe in this version the described problem is already solved ...

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

jo mustafa

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 09:29:14 PM »

I have uninstalled it and I have installed v 2.5.1 (I don't have 2.5.2 setup file, maybe someone could help me with that file I have found the 2.5.2 setup file, and replaced 2.5.1 with 2.5.2).
2.5.1 2.5.2 it shows me 1447/1783, the same content selected. So, the problem is in 2.5.3 version.

For example;   ppf  a voice=10 mb -b voice :10 mb -a voice:10 mbt   YEM 2.5.3  = 30 mb
                      ppf  a voice=10 mb -b voice :10 mb -a voice:10 mbt   YEM 2.5.1  = 20 mb

YEM 2.5.3  Repeated voice does not separate

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 10:08:11 PM »
I know that you have programmed the "YEM Content Explorer Software", of course. I had written something in detail, so possibly other users can use my suggestions. ;)

Sorry, I did not want to sound sarcastic :) But I realize now it can be possible :)))

For example;   ppf  a voice=10 mb -b voice :10 mb -a voice:10 mbt   YEM 2.5.3  = 30 mb
                      ppf  a voice=10 mb -b voice :10 mb -a voice:10 mbt   YEM 2.5.1  = 20 mb

YEM 2.5.3  Repeated voice does not separate

Hi mustafa.

You confirm the bug?

Regards to all,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

jo mustafa

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 10:20:21 PM »
Sorry, I did not want to sound sarcastic :) But I realize now it can be possible :)))

Hi mustafa.

You confirm the bug?

Regards to all,
Vali

Again example
ppf A drum=  a snare: 1mb,   ppf B drum= a snare :1mb- b snare : 1 mb     YEM 2.5.3  = 3mb   YEM 2.5.1 =2mb

Yes...Exactly bug
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:40:57 PM by jo mustafa »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 02:00:52 AM »
I ran into a different issue.  But I don't know if it is YEM v2.5.3 or my S970.  I have 10 packs installed on my keyboard. I tried to install 11 packs on my S970 and the pack that was assigned to LSB 001 only partially loaded into the keyboard. So I emailed Yamaha and told them my problem and asked if there is a limit on the number of packs (which is different than the total wave count) My 11 packs were within the limits of the S970 memory.  They did a test and got back to me saying they had installed 12 packs without problems.

I told them that several of these packs were "dummy packs" (no wave forms just a list of Voices for external instruments (Motif, AN plug-in card, Proteus 1000, etc) which all work perfectly fine. The pack that partially loaded was a dummy pack. When I went back to 10 packs the dummy pack assigned to LSB 001 loaded perfectly.

Sounds like my problem is a bug in my keyboard. Has anyone else experienced a pack limit as I described?

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:02:13 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 05:43:04 AM »
I have a similar bug with one simple waveform  ???
My waveform (44.1kHz/16-bit/Mono) is 3 MB.
Actually, without this wave, YEM 2.5.3 says I have used 1778 / 1783 MB. Then, importing my wave, it says 1795 / 1783! WHAT?!  :o

This is absolutely strange!

Exactly Francesco, working with wave samples in YEM 2.5.3 it is increasing abnormally the size of the packs. So, as Mustafa test it, it seems that YEM 2.5.3 does not use only the reference of the wave sample, but sample itself, which is bad and which is bug.
So, to solve my situation, I currently use 2.5.2 version, which work as it has to be!

Thanks guys.

Joe, there is a limitation even for Voice parameters (dummy packs) which is 3072 KB. Did you check for the size of voice parameters in YEM?

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 08:24:33 AM »
Thanks Vali,
I'll try the 2.5.2 version.
Another terrible bug I hope it is solved on 2.6 version is about Genos Custom Voices. When you create a new one, DSP parameters you have set up on YEM are totally different (without sense!) on the keyboard, even with bugs on effect GUI (hidden knobs or absurde values out of scale).

If you don't have 2.5.2, I'll give you later, when I go home, right now I'm on work!

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 04:04:27 PM »
Joe, there is a limitation even for Voice parameters (dummy packs) which is 3072 KB. Did you check for the size of voice parameters in YEM?

Regards,
Vali

Yes... the dummy packs require almost no memory, because it is just a list of voice names and nothing more.

With 5 commercial packs and 5 dummy packs wave memory = 485MB  Voice parameters = 2581 KB
With 5 commercial packs and 7 dummy packs wave memory = 485MB  Voice parameters = 2916 KB

So it looks like the dummy packs use about 168 KB each.

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:21:16 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline metcam

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 09:01:49 AM »

Same happened to me and I did go back to 2.5.2

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline valimaties

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »
Same happened to me and I did go back to 2.5.2

Regards

Lets see what is happening with 2.6.0 :)
But right now I'm on work (11:19 AM) till 05:00PM  :'(

I'm very curious!

Maybe there is someone who can test if it is still happening this issue?  Thanks!

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:07:44 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2019, 08:56:35 PM »
Voice size was solved in this version, it shows correctly. I did not tried cqi file installation, but it is surely working.

I did not see anything new!

Vali Maties - Genos