Author Topic: YEM 2.6.0 still limits voice wave file to 1783MB  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Karlos

YEM 2.6.0 still limits voice wave file to 1783MB
« on: November 15, 2019, 09:54:46 AM »
HI, Just upgraded to YEM 2.6.0 and the voice wave size still indicates 1783MB.

Anything over this limit gives you a warning that the data is too big for the instruments memory.

I thought it was supposed to be approx 3GB.

Anyone else had this problem?

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline valimaties

Re: YEM 2.6.0 still limits voice wave file to 1783MB
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:58:56 AM »
I think you must export again the Information file and reload it in YEM.
The information about the memory of Genos is stored in n27 file.

Delete the existing one from YEM and import it again, or search thru wireless, if you have your keyboard connected to wireless.

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:00:07 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: Karlos

Offline Karlos

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 10:03:29 AM »
Ahh that makes sense...cheers  :)

Update....just updated the new instrument info file and its 3072MB  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:18:58 AM by Karlos »

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 10:38:43 AM »
I didn't need to add Instrument info. Just install YEM Version 2.6 and all the Pack's from here are there. I added the Superior Pack and the RAM size is 3gb.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 10:51:03 AM »
I didn't need to add Instrument info.

Yes, because you are connected thru wireless and this is the first thing YEM do when opens, it searches for wireless connections ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline markstyles

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 12:50:09 AM »
struggling with YEM..   I downloaded 6 Genos sound packs (I had purchased for Tyros, all updated to Genos for free - thank you Yamaha)...   The convoluted process to get voices in/out of Genos brings me back to the hideous 1980 days of DOS..   This is the most unfriendly software I have ever seen. Gave up after 1 1/2 hours to get Genos and Mac to talk via wifi.   And since you already are instructed to put a usb cable from Genos to Device.  why would you have to go thru the hassle of a usb stick?.

I found a youtube video making things much clearer.  Also found a YT video on how to transfer 4 sound packs to Tyros..  Nice progress bars, telling you exactly what is happening every step of the way..  All of that gone on Genos.  you just sit there for 15 minutes, with no change, (except look at your activity monitor on computer) to tell you the process is working.   

I've owned most of the Tyros models and now the Genos.  I love  the machine.  but this procedure to load in packs, is the most crude process I have ever gone thru.  YEM already froze up once after 25 minutes.  Now on 4rth our of trying to transfer sound packs.   The amount of total memory I have in Genos has changed twice from 3072 mb to 4096 mb. that's obviously a bug. 

About 1 hour into saving a sound pack, that that will almost fills Genos.. YEM says still saving the installation pack. yet my computer activity monitor tells me Yes is only using 1.4% of CPU power. Looks like a phone call to Yamaha Monday..

FOLLOW UP..  After YEM's first lock up.   I did create a sound pack, and transferred to a USB.. YEM looked like it locked up..  Never said process was completed.  I plugged the USB and Pack Installed into Genos'..   It took about 40 minutes to fill GENOS about 95%.  Things appear to be working..  Although Yamaha's Alto Saxes do not load properly, although they are listed in YEM.  I'll call Yamaha about that.  Two  attempts with Alto saxes did not work.. My other Yamaha Packs installed properly.

Some of the free CMS sounds are very good.  (especially for free). Would have loved it if Genos had a LOT more space for future additional sound packs.  Except for the hassle and unclarity in creating and installing packs.  I'm very pleased with additional sounds
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:07:47 AM by markstyles »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 08:49:31 AM »
.. Gave up after 1 1/2 hours to get Genos and Mac to talk via wifi.  ...

This is a security issue that happening only on Mac. I helped a friend with 2 Mac, on one of them it worked, on the other did not. It was a security issue, and we did it (10 minutes to getting work).

..  you just sit there for 15 minutes, with no change, (except look at your activity monitor on computer) to tell you the process is working.   

Indeed, for some reasons, the UI is freezing for some time to time, but not from the beginning to the end of transferring process. Somewhere at the middle, it freezes for couple of minutes, and then its unfreeze and show the progress bar. I transfer most of my packs over WiFi, not USB Stick ;)

The only thing is making me a question, is that on every WiFi transfer I get a information message that tells me "Quick installation is not available", or something like that. Even so, it does not formatting the keyboard, because the screen with formatting is taking somewhere of 2-3 seconds...

The amount of total memory I have in Genos has changed twice from 3072 mb to 4096 mb. that's obviously a bug. 

Look up in the top center of the screen. It also changes from Wave size to Pack size. On Genos, Pack installation size has maximum of 4096 MB.

About 1 hour into saving a sound pack, that that will almost fills Genos.. YEM says still saving the installation pack. yet my computer activity monitor tells me Yes is only using 1.4% of CPU power. Looks like a phone call to Yamaha Monday..

To me it takes about 10 minutes - 1660 MB from 3072, about 10 Packs, CPF and PPF ;)
Microsoft Windows 10 64 bits, i5 3300, 3.3GHz, 8GB RAM.

FOLLOW UP..  After YEM's first lock up.   I did create a sound pack, and transferred to a USB.. YEM looked like it locked up..  Never said process was completed.  I plugged the USB and Pack Installed into Genos'..   It took about 40 minutes to fill GENOS about 95%.  Things appear to be working..  Although Yamaha's Alto Saxes do not load properly, although they are listed in YEM.  I'll call Yamaha about that.  Two  attempts with Alto saxes did not work.. My other Yamaha Packs installed properly.

A very long time. Try to reinstall your YEM. Did you try it on other PC? I think you have some problem with installation (I'm pretty sure).
About that voices, if not loading then it seems they have to be converted to work with Genos.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos