Author Topic: Decline and Fall  (Read 10904 times)

Offline alanclare

Decline and Fall
« on: November 10, 2019, 08:26:15 AM »
As the posts to this Board get fewer and fewer, in step with corresponding increases to those concerned with more recent keyboards (Genos, PSR-SX900, etc), will the day come, inexorably, when I shall be the only contributor, writing posts to myself?

Alan

Offline Bernie9

Re: Decline and Fall
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 09:49:00 AM »
I certainly hope not Alan. you are a major contributor.  I gig with several keyboards, and until recently, I have used my S970 only for occasional small affairs.  However, I am finding that I misjudged and underestimated it.  Unlike before, I am getting around to really learn this great board.  Please don't give up yet.

Bernie

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 10:31:23 AM »
No! That must not happen! I still use my S975, that really is an upgraded S970! I also still have my 2100, but THAT section has really gone dead.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline alanclare

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 12:08:10 PM »
Bernie & Toril. I have no intention of leaving - this Forum forms a major part of my life. I was just trying to be a little drole. I suspected that somewhere out there were those, like myself, are committed to keep our s-970s and s975s active. I bought mine, fully aware that it would always have the ability to surprise me by continually revealing more and more features that I had never before explored.

We shall soldier on, "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers (and sisters of course)".

Alan

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
Yes😀 I am keeping mine😀 So will many others!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 04:11:22 PM »
I suppose this is the march of progress for you. I first started my journey with Yamaha keyboards with the PSR6700 went on to the 7000, 8000, 9000 pro and then on to Tyros 1,2,3,4,5, and now Genos which I think is the best keyboard produced by Yamaha so far.
  I also had a 950,970 and now SX900 which is just great. I wanted a lighter keyboard to take out and one where the keys were not so noisy. I also wanted a little more flash memory for my Blackpool organ voices and other favorites I use. Now we have three right hand voices I am delighted that my Genos registrations work great in it so I have saved a lot of time not having to start from scratch.
  Now at 83 I still love to keep up with new features. Keeps the grey cells working.
I would think the 970's will be around for a few more years yet. The Tyros1 and 2 seem to be slowly disappearing but I think there are still a few around.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, alanclare

ekurburski

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »
In time I'm sure you will find yourself in same position as I with my 3000.  I keep coming back though as I learn new things all the time even when reading the other boards.  Believe though there is very little action on the older models boards.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »
But I believe some have them still. Don't forget, I gigged with my 2100 last Christmas, as my S970 broke down. And I will never sell it! There was a post on that board recently.
The good thing also is that the system is very similar on all models, so, as Earl says, you can learn much even if the thread is about another model.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

ekurburski

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 08:33:52 PM »
Yes, just read a great post about registrations on the new sx board by
Manual.