Author Topic: If I have a SX900, how do I get a style from a MIDI file?  (Read 8903 times)

rcpilot

If I have a SX900, how do I get a style from a MIDI file?
« on: November 09, 2019, 10:13:17 PM »
OK, So if I had a SX900 now...how do I get styles for specific songs?
Example...let's say I want to play a Andrew Lloyde Webber song and I have a good MIDI of it...is there a way to use that MIDI and make style sections from it so it works well with the song I want to play?
I believe Korg has a program to do this?.....can I do this same thing on Yamaha?
I know I can play WITH a MIDI file...but I want a style to use for it.

Thanks,
Lee

Offline Fred Smith

Re: If I have a SX900, how do I get a style from a MIDI file?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 10:32:14 PM »
OK, So if I had a SX900 now...how do I get styles for specific songs?
Example...let's say I want to play a Andrew Lloyde Webber song and I have a good MIDI of it...is there a way to use that MIDI and make style sections from it so it works well with the song I want to play?
I believe Korg has a program to do this?.....can I do this same thing on Yamaha?
I know I can play WITH a MIDI file...but I want a style to use for it.

Korg has a program, but Yamaha does not. You just search the internet for an appropriate style, or post here asking for one.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 10:52:30 PM »
You could also use Jørgen Sørensen's midi2style program, which may be found at the following link:

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/midi2style/help.htm#0
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 10:59:01 PM »
Hi Lee,
Korg had an onboard function that converted midi songs to styles. Some worked , some didn’t. I doubt the type of style you’re referring to would have worked. The type of stuff  I liked didn’t convert too well. I gave up.
 I kept using the midifile to style option ( not same as song to style) to convert my Yamaha styles across. But, the type of midi file I’m referring to , didn’t have chord changes except in intro and endings.  These weren’t song midi files, they were a midifiles  based on a style.

Whereas Korg could do it onboard, there is yamaha software around that supposedly does it.  Haven’t tried doing it , so don’t know how successful it would be.

I do have Style Magic, but haven’t gotten round to using it yet.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 03:49:15 PM »
Hello Lee,
  There are hundreds of Dedicated styles to be had. Some of the Music Soft Styles from Yamaha are also dedicated to certain songs.
  Here is one I use for this song

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, Ed B, Aquilauno, wersianer

rcpilot

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:19:49 PM »
Eileen, That's great news and many thanks for the example for that song...which I love!
Lee