Author Topic: Manual for Chord Looper is not completely complete  (Read 8899 times)

Offline ton37

Manual for Chord Looper is not completely complete
« on: November 09, 2019, 02:02:07 PM »
F.Y.I.
Quote out Manual (page 17 Reference Manual): During loop playback the chord input from the keyboard is disabled and the whole keyboard can be used for performance
---------end quote-------

It is true that one can use the whole keyboard, but it has to be mentioned that if the the LEFT voice (LOWER part) is turned on,  it splits the keyboard.
No problem if you are aware of it, because then you can, if you want, also use it for your composition.

PS.
I have noticed that you can save the Looper ON-status in a register memory and use it for a SyncStart when you press Reg.Memory X. But CL OFF you have to do manually.
Or maybe a 'STOP LOOPER' could do the trick (like a STOPPAD)?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:08:12 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline EileenL

Re: Manual for Chord Looper is not completely complete
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 12:02:23 PM »
As this is a chord looper, you would not want it to turn off until you are ready. You might want it to run through three or four times so it seems right that you should turn it off when you want by switching it off manually. We must learn to do some things ourselves and press things. Life would be very boring if everything was automated.

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »
That's not what bothers me @EleenL, it was just an observation. The same can be said about a Multipad, when set the Loopfunction it is in fact also a Multipad 'Looper'. And there are hundreds of post written how to stop that automatic loop, right? ;). In what way does this differ? As it is a new feature, I guess it wil it will receive the necessary attention, once it also is integrated in the Genos within a few days.  It is all about having control on what you want to do with your dedicated keyboard, be it automaticly or manually.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 12:56:03 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »
@ton37, you can wait some days or some weeks, better, to be implemented in Genos, too, and after that I think this problems of you can be discussed by a much more users on Genos forum.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ton37

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 02:10:48 PM »
thanks @valimates, as I said it is not a problem for me. It is just a finding. If another keyboardist is interested to it, now or later, he / she will respond to it. It is in any case noted for posterity  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Bill

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:36:20 AM »
Hi Ton37

Many thanks for the info regarding the Chord Looper.  The more info we have the better it is for everyone.
It's nice to understand what it Can Do and what it Can't Do.  By having a clear understanding how it work we will be able to put it to good use.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 03:19:10 PM »
I have tried out the Chord Looper and it does what it says. You select the pattern of chords you want. This can be from sheet music or some favorite chords you always use. If you want to give yourself time to make sure you play the right chords then pick a style with a slow tempo to start with. Play your chord section in and then press Stop Rec. Play your chords back to check they are as you want them. You can save them to one of the eight sections you have. You can now start them playing and select a style you want to use with them. The sequence will follow the style tempo of the style you select. You can now select the Intro you want and start the song. Press start on looper and then play along with it. You can add drum fills and other things as you play because you now have a free hand to do things with or you can play some left hand piano along with it. The loop will keep playing until you want to end the song. You can select the Outro for the song and turn looper off.
  If you have the Yamaha Chord tracker on your I Pad there are some demo songs you can load into the Chord Looper to try.