Author Topic: Multi-Pad and Voice resetting when Recording?  (Read 7523 times)

Offline NASAMike

Multi-Pad and Voice resetting when Recording?
« on: November 08, 2019, 09:10:06 PM »
I have a song recorded and want to add multi -pads and another voice.  So I select the multi-pad and voice that i want but when I select record on the channels I want the multi-pad and voice change on me.

Any idea what's going on?

Thx,
NASAMike

Offline overover

Re: Multi-Pad and Voice resetting when Recording?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:44:30 PM »
Hi NASAMike,

I'm not sure I understood your question correctly ...

• If you want to ADD additional parts (channels) to a existing MIDI song, you have to specify the part assignment for the channel to be recorded. Please refer to the chapter "Recording Each Channel Individually (Multi Track Recording)" in S970 Owner's Manual (page 69, step 3).

• If you want to change the Voice of a Part in an existing MIDI song, simply press [Mixing Console] button until "Mixing Console (Song)" is displayed. (You can toggle between Channels 1 - 8 and 9 - 16 by pressing [A] button). Then press [C] or [H] button to select the "Voice". Press one of the "upper" buttons 1 - 8 to call up the Voice Selection display and select another Voice there.

Then SAVE your changes to the MIDI song:
• Go to "Voice Creator" and there to "Setup" tab.
• Press SONG [STOP] button to go to the beginning to the MIDI song.
• Make sure to have ticked the FIRST SEVEN (7) check boxes in Setup tab (Voice to EQ), but NOT have ticked the LOWER FIVE (5) boxes (Keyboard Voice to Guide Setting).
• Press "APPLY" ([5] button)
• Press "SAVE" ([ I ] button). Change the filename to prevent the original file from overwriting. Finally press OK to save the new file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:13:29 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline NASAMike

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:49:57 PM »
Perhaps I wasn't specific enough.  I select the multi pad that I want to use for recording and when I specify the part assignment for that channel (in this case I was using MPAD2 and MPAD4) to be recorded my multi pad selection changes (it changed from Big Room to Shaker&Tamb).   

Same thing for a voice.

Thx,
NASAMike

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:43:42 PM »
Hi NASAMike,

if the Keyboard Voices and the Multi Pad bank are changing when you start to play back a MIDI song (you previously recorded), then you probably have "Keyboard Voice" settings saved to the song, before. (The checkbox "Keyboard Voice", I mentioned before, was probably ticked in "Song Creator - Setup" display.)

The easiest way to remove these Events from a MIDI file is to use the free PC (Windows) program "PSRUTI":

http://www.heikoplate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=83

Load the MIDI file in PSRUTI. Then click "Extras" - "Delete Keyboard Events" (leave the default setting here) - Click "OK", "Exit" and "Save as..." to re-save the file.

P.S.
If I still have not understood your problem, please describe it in more detail again (step by step what you are doing, if possible).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Paula

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 10:46:30 PM »
if you are not setting your multi to reg when you change voices the multi pad changes, you need to shut the ots to off and that wont happen
          Paula
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970