Author Topic: Will the Yamaha WF237400 Tyros 2 Speaker Bracket work on Genos?  (Read 17228 times)

Offline Dnj

Will the Yamaha WF237400 Tyros 2 Speaker Bracket work on Genos?
« on: November 08, 2019, 02:26:19 PM »
Will the Yamaha WF237400 Tyros 2 Speaker Bracket (picture) work on Genos?
I have the 3 pc speaker system from my tyros 2 was wondering if the brackets could
attach to the MS 05 satellites and be attached to Genos?....or do you need the Genos speaker system....
what are most of you using for speaker reinforcement at home on your  Genos..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dnj

Re: Will the Yamaha WF237400 Tyros 2 Speaker Bracket work on Genos?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 02:47:15 PM »
will this adapter be needed also or?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 02:53:47 PM »
I use the Genos speakers and woofer as they are made for this keyboard and the cables and brackets are different from past keyboards.

Offline alans

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
Hi Dnj

I think most people use the dedicated Genos speaker system or use the lineouts to a powered speaker system.The Tyros 5 speaker setup is quite different with a spaghetti bundle of cables and was very untidy.Genos has dedicated sockets for the satellite speakers and a multipin socket for the subwoofer so is totally different and much neater with less cables floating about

I use the Genos speaker system but also have a pair of Yamaha HS5's although they are a bit light in the bass dept. together used with the Genos speakers sound good to me.
Some people use Yamaha HS7's or 8's with the Yamaha HS8S subwoofer (quite expensive)  and say it sounds really good.

I've no doubt others will chime in with their recommended setup and suggestions

Alan
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:19:59 PM by alans »
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline Dnj

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »
Thank you all for the recommendations everyone  ...
I also have much bigger pa systems for other uses.. which would be so much overkill and awkward to even bring into the home for use with genos.. In my studio I have Rokit 5 monitors which I could probably use also for the Genos but I would assume not enough bass.....
but since I had the older Ms05 3pc unit..for tyros was just wondering if it was worth the effort to try and make it work.
Good set of headphones is an option also I would guess but not my first preference.

tyrosman

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »
GNS-MS01 speakers for Genos

Offline Dnj

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 06:21:06 PM »
Thank you tyrosman....so I would assume most Genos players are using the GNS-MS01 speakers for Genos at home ?
although I havve read many reviews that the DIN pin connector for the SUB is awkward to use?...what are the alternatives people are using with genos/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:33:06 PM by Dnj »

Offline alans

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 07:29:37 PM »
Hi Dnj

The SUB can be damaged by misaligning when plugging in,the plug has an indent on the side  so provided appropriate care is taken when plugging in and aligning the plug correctly there should be no problems.

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 08:32:18 PM »
Hi Dnj,

"seen electrically", you CAN use the TRS-MS05 Speaker System (from Tyros5) also on Genos. You have to use the original adapter cable from Tyros5 and connect it to the Line Out Main L and R jacks of the Genos.

One problem is that the Brackets of the TRS-MS05 Satellite Speakers do not exactly fit to the Genos. (The back edge of the Genos is ROUNDED.)

Note: The original Genos Speaker System (GNS-MS01) will definitely sound BETTER than the Tyros5 Speakers with the Genos, because Yamaha has improved the speakers a lot from T5 to Genos.

Caution: Do NOT connect an OLDER Tyros Speaker System (TRS-MS01/02/03) to the Genos, because the wiring of the Mini DIN 8-pin connector (on the subwoofer) has changed!

P.S.
The GNS-MS01 Speakers sound good, BUT they are no Studio Monitors.

I do NOT use the GNS-MS01 System: At home I use a pair of the "Yamaha MSP5 Studio" Active Monitor Speakers plus one "Yamaha HS8S" Active Subwoofer. (The MSP5 can also used without a Sub, but it is always "good to have" such a Sub, when "more punch" is needed ... :)

https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_msp_5_studio.htm

https://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_hs_8s.htm

By the way: Ich have compared the Yamaha MSP5 speakers with the Yamaha HS5, HS7 and HS8 for many hours. Finally, I found that the MSB5 in my ears sound better than the "HS" series. (Only the Sub I use is from the "HS" series.) ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:48:32 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Dnj

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 11:37:58 PM »
Chris that's the answer I was looking for Thank you so much for the warning...

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 11:53:31 PM »
Chris that's the answer I was looking for Thank you so much for the warning...

Hi Dnj,

thanks for your quick feedback!

I'm glad to could help you! :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

tyrosman

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2019, 03:31:13 PM »
i just wonder now how long you will keep Genos after asking Questions