Author Topic: Please fix this flaw for 2.0 Please!!!!  (Read 90719 times)

Offline reya

Re: Please fix this flaw for 2.0 Please!!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
It is strange, Lee.

In SX900/700 owner manual, page 80 it is written : "M.Pad   -   Use this display when you want to adjust the balance among the four Audio Link Multi Pads." And that's all.. Anyway, Yamaha's details in manuals there were not be full of description ever..

Vali,

Yes ,strange indeed as there are no volume controls present on the Multi Pad tab in the mixer. So no way to balance them.
No controls at all really except the possibility to switch the multi pads on or off.

Best regards
Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2019, 01:48:17 PM »
On p. 87 of the sx data list which shows Mixer parameters the Multipad (midi and audio) parts on and off are available, but are not saveable to a registration.
John

Ps following Rudy's comment the Data list shows a volume offset for Mpads in Mixer, (p86 I think) and it is saveable in regs.

Offline reya

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »
Ps following Rudy's comment the Data list shows a volume offset for Mpads in Mixer, (p86 I think) and it is saveable in regs.

jwyvern

I did not know this information was available in the data list manual. Thanks for that tip !!!
And yes I now saw that too. There should be volume, pan, chorus and reverb available in the mixer for Multi pads, only I do not see them on the multi pad screen ...

Either I am doing something wrong or there is a software update on the way for the SX900 as well ...  ;)

Best regards
Rudy

Offline reya

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »
And yes I now saw that too. There should be volume, pan, chorus and reverb available in the mixer for Multi pads, only I do not see them on the multi pad screen ...

The datalist manual only talks about Audio Link Multi Pad's when talking about volume, pan, chorus and reverb ....
Not available for midi multi pads ...

Best regards
Rudy

Offline Joe H

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2019, 04:02:21 PM »
I believe that alternatives were already provided . . . so, this is not to provide alternative solutions or discuss the matter. 

I just wanted to thank whoever created the padStopper multi-pad.  I use it in almost all my registrations in combination with the zero-volume.  It works great (for me at least).

Whoever came up with the idea and implementation . . . thanks a lot.  It is a great way to solve the issue.   It is near genius.

If i knew the name of the person or team i would give credit . . . 

Great work.  !!!!

Al,

We don't know who created the idea.  The first version I used contained just sysex messages.  The one Fred uploaded was created by me... but was modified so the volume is set to 70. But since the note velocity is set to a value of 1 it still works as it should.  After working with Michael Bedesem on MixMaster and PadMaker-Midi for several years, I knew enough to create a Pad Stopper file that was formatted correctly and wouldn't cause any glitches.

Cheers,
Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline valimaties

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »
Lee, no not correct, that's why I think it is a bug.

I don't think it is a bug, more it is a limitation ;)

A bug is when the programmer does not know about it ... But they tell in Datalist that is not available, so it is known ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline musicman01

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2019, 09:20:03 AM »
Hello dear members of this forum.

I don't like to respond to comments.
But I have to stand by "Elad" here and agree completely!
The Genos is a fantastic instrument, but also has a number of errors that in practice lead to annoyance for sometimes simple things that are obvious to other brands.
One can solve a lot by detours as described, but why not simply do it for example: multipad1,2,3,4 on, following registration 1,2,3 off and 4 continues to play this seems so simple but it just does not work !! This should just be able to work no more or less. All respect for the proposals but for the software programmers this is easy to solve !!!!!
Another suggestion, why not multipad on / off such as sound on / off?

PS: this is a well-intended response, and certainly not to hurt anyone!

Best regards

Musicman

Offline EileenL

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2019, 10:53:27 AM »
We already have Multi Pad on and stop. I don't understand why this is being called a flaw. The operation has been the same on all Yamaha keyboards since I can remember. It is not a Flaw it is the way it is and always has been.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2019, 11:55:23 AM »
Let's not get lost in semantics discussion. It's certainly not a bug, some would not see it as a flaw, I would call it a missing feature.

Remember Tyros 2? There was no SYNC START button. We had Multipad on and it was the same on all Yamaha keyboards since... It was the way it was and always has been.

Then came Tyros 3 and an new feature called SYNC START.  For me this was one of the best innovations that came with Tyros 3. Finally it was possible to have a style and a multipads running together in time. So let's not look back what we always had but how we could improve what we have.

There is clearly a need for a SYNC STOP button, otherwise the workaround "Padstopper" would not have been invented. SYNC STOP is the logical complement to SYNC START, easy to understand and operate, and - in contrary to some remarks here - could be implemented without breaking the current operation of the Multipads.
Regards, Michael

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2019, 12:05:38 PM »
Where it gets more complicated is in the example I gave above… two pads continue to play, one stops, and the 4th will play a different Pad than the previous registration. The only way to accomplish this is to create a custom Multi Pad which contains the 2 Pads already playing, Pad Stopper on the one Pad you wish to stop playing and a new Pad copied from a different Multi Pad file.  When Sync Start is memorized for all 4 Pads, the result will be as describe above… 2 will continue to play, one will stop and the 4th be a new Pad.

If you have two multipads running you may load a new multipad bank at any time and those two multipads keep running. Therefore in your example it would be sufficient to load the bank that contains the new multipad, activate SYNC START for that new multipad and SYNC STOP to the multipad you'd like to stop.
Regards, Michael

Offline DerekA

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »
You are probably right Dromeus re 'SYNCH STOP'.

As per comment on page 1 - "That's why we usually end up adding new features to provide the alternative behaviour." :)
Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2019, 03:48:20 PM »
If you have two multipads running you may load a new multipad bank at any time and those two multipads keep running. Therefore in your example it would be sufficient to load the bank that contains the new multipad, activate SYNC START for that new multipad and SYNC STOP to the multipad you'd like to stop.

I agree that would work, but for now all we have is the Pad Stopper file we can use with Sync Start.  It's probably possible for Yamaha to add a Sync Stop button on the touch screen or use an assignable button, but that would be confusing for some.  A hardware button located at the Multi Pad section on the Panel would be a better option and consistent with using the Multi Pads. That means we would have to wait for the next keyboard if there are any additional hardware buttons added to the Panel.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ton37

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2019, 04:39:30 PM »
If I understand correctly as a summary for myself?  Sync-Starting a MP is not a problem and can be saved in a registration..
The only ' problem' is that you cannot stop one or more Multipads that are switched on by means of a Registration Memory.
OK, the options:
A: build a 'StopPad' in your Registration Memory or
B: simply press (or footpedal) MP-Stop (all MPads stops) or
B2. if you want to stop one or more specific MPads and others are allowed to continue: Hold down MP-STOP and at the same time press the Multipad(s) that you want to end at the end of the beat. (just do it a few times and it will go smoothly)

That are the choices for now, as there are no other options, right?
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2019, 05:56:55 PM »
A hardware button located at the Multi Pad section on the Panel would be a better option and consistent with using the Multi Pads. That means we would have to wait for the next keyboard if there are any additional hardware buttons added to the Panel.

Agreed.
Regards, Michael

Offline valimaties

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2019, 07:06:14 PM »
In my opinion is very simple. Only things they must do is to Stop the Pad which does not have AutoStart flag on it. Because, you, as user, if you want to start a Pad, you will select it when you press SyncStart. If you don't want a Pad starts, you won't select it. So, IMO, I repeat, If a Pad is not selected to start when Sync Start was pressed, that must be stopped ;)

We all know that FOR NOW the only way is using Pad Stopper. BUT, for a future software update, it is better implementing this function directly in keyboard. And ALL users are happy, they don't have to use anymore PadStopper, or other workarounds ...

I think the idea of this post was to stop using workarounds, when this function can be implemented by Yamaha Engineers...

There was some users that said some time ago that (off topic) Playlists can be sorted using Excel or other spreed sheet software. Yes, but even so, they did it in 2.0. Why? Because it has to be like that! Simple! We must have those abilities in keyboard, not using other and other and other software.
This is how it must be!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2019, 07:38:08 PM »
OK, the options:

...B: simply press (or footpedal) MP-Stop (all MPads stops)...

Is the foot pedal option available on the sx900?

Joe H

Offline ton37

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »
It is. Functions:
MP1 :one MP to start, not 2 at a time ;-(
MP2
MP3
MP4
MP Synchro Start
MP Stop

Besides I love the Live Control Knobs: you can assign the Volume and/or the Balance of the Multipads. So you don't have abruptly to end/stop a Multipad but can slowly decrease/increase the volume (that works for me better than on the touchscreen)

But with 2 footpedals you can assign FP1 Multipad1 and FP2 Multipad 2 or Stop etc.etc.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:06:15 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline panos

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2019, 08:10:44 PM »
The real problem is not when using registrations.There you have just to create another multipad with some padstoppers and everything will work as you wish.
All pads will start and will stop at the correct time as the user wants.

The problem is to stop the pad when you don't use a reg and you don't always have a free hand to push the stop button on the exact time.(If you are not sure that the arpeggio pad will play all the notes,better not to use it  :'( )

Anyway,the position of the multipad buttons above the style buttons seemed more handy I believe as they are on Tyros 4 & 5.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2019, 03:05:26 AM »
It is. Functions:
MP1 :one MP to start, not 2 at a time ;-(
MP2
MP3
MP4
MP Synchro Start
MP Stop

Besides I love the Live Control Knobs: you can assign the Volume and/or the Balance of the Multipads. So you don't have abruptly to end/stop a Multipad but can slowly decrease/increase the volume (that works for me better than on the touchscreen)

But with 2 footpedals you can assign FP1 Multipad1 and FP2 Multipad 2 or Stop etc.etc.

Those options are not on the S970... I wonder if they are on the Genos.  It's a start, but falls way short of using Pad Stopper, which is still superior to those foot pedal options.  It takes a bit of time and effort to create custom Pads, but as with anything else... the more we do it the faster it goes.  And there are NO glitches when using Pad Stopper in registrations.  My article on how to create and edit Multi Pads comes with a download of registrations demonstrating the power of Pad Stopper.  Works like a charm every time... no surprises.

Live Control is one of the best things that were added to the newer arranger keyboards! (that why my avatar is the Live Control knobs) And now those settings can be saved in a registration too.

8)

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:11:08 AM by Joe H »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2019, 03:18:15 AM »
Those options are not on the S970... I wonder if they are on the Genos.

They are. Another option to stop a pad.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Joe H

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2019, 03:23:24 AM »
 8)

Joe H

Offline valimaties

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2019, 05:10:01 PM »
They are. Another option to stop a pad.

Cheers,
Fred

You cannot stop a Pad.. You can stop all pads, this is different ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2019, 05:54:04 PM »
You cannot stop a Pad.. You can stop all pads, this is different ;)

Correct. My “a Pad” was a generic term.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons