Author Topic: Current MIDI setup as part of a registration  (Read 6467 times)

Current MIDI setup as part of a registration
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:58:14 PM »
I own the PSR-SX700 and I would like to create registrations with different MIDI settings. Unfortunately, the current MIDI setup appears not to be saved in the registration.  Am I doing something wrong or is that not possible?

Offline overover

Re: Current MIDI setup as part of a registration
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 10:49:35 PM »
I own the PSR-SX700 and I would like to create registrations with different MIDI settings. Unfortunately, the current MIDI setup appears not to be saved in the registration.  Am I doing something wrong or is that not possible?

Hi tomsixtwo,

no, you are not doing anything wrong here:

The MIDI Settings (the currently selected MIDI Template / "MIDI Setup") can NOT be linked / saved in Registrations (in none of the existing Yamaha keyboard models). So, you always have to change the MIDI Settings manually.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:39:06 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Re: Current MIDI setup as part of a registration
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 05:12:42 AM »
Thanks for clarification, Chris.

There is really no way to play one registration with an external synth (e g. as right hand part) and another registration with an internal voice without the additional switching between different MIDI setups?

The manual states that nearly every panel setting can be stored into a registration. Now I know what "nearly" means  :(