Author Topic: Love Those Assignables! (Vocal Harmony On/Off Works Great!)  (Read 14404 times)

saxxman

Love Those Assignables! (Vocal Harmony On/Off Works Great!)
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:49:11 PM »
Hello all - I took delivery on the SX900 over the weekend and have been having a ball playing it and discovering all the neat new features since I sold my S970.  Love this new board!  For those who are still getting their feet wet, if you were wondering why there is no "light" to define when VH is off or on, you can easily assign that function (many others as well) to an Assignable Button which will fill the bill.  I assigned Vocal Harmony to Assignable Button #1, and each time you press Button #1, a popup appears showing you the current state of the VH. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Re: Love Those Assignables! (Vocal Harmony On/Off Works Great!)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:55:02 PM »
Good find Randy
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

saxxman

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 09:27:02 PM »
Thanks Rikki! Yep, the SX900 is a KEEPER! ;)  A great new board and full of things to learn, but once learned, will simplify the fun and ease of playing this great Yamaha instrument!  Have fun!

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »
Randy,   Great that you’re enjoying your new SX900.  I’m still waiting for mine our buddy at AudioWorks is expecting more to arrive in mid-November, I’m looking forward to it!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Ingar

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
Good find Randy
Do you have to save it in a reg, or is it overall? I haven`t figure that out yet.

Ingar

saxxman

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 05:41:36 PM »
Hi Ingar - according to page 56 of the manual:

The setup of assignable controllers is stored/recalled from the registration memory so you can change them all together at once.

Have fun!
Randy

Offline Ingar

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 08:15:33 PM »
Hi Ingar - according to page 56 of the manual:

The setup of assignable controllers is stored/recalled from the registration memory so you can change them all together at once.

Have fun!
Randy
I have copied registrations from Tyros 5 and would like to changes them all together and not one by one. That is a big job..How do I do that?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:18:23 PM by Ingar »

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 11:02:02 PM »
I have copied registrations from Tyros 5 and would like to changes them all together and not one by one. That is a big job..How do I do that?

Hi Ingar,

there is the free PC (Windows) program "Yamaha Registration Manager" (YRM)  that lets you change many settings in Registration bank files in Batch Mode.

https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

BUT, to my knowledge, the current version of the YRM does NOT support the SX900/700 models yet. Therefore, you will probably have to wait for an update of the YRM.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)