Author Topic: Multi Pads and Style Creator  (Read 18601 times)

Seagull29

Multi Pads and Style Creator
« on: November 06, 2019, 05:45:38 PM »
Hello,
As you can see, the 'Guitar' function on the Tyros or the Genos is far from satisfactory for a realistic guitar playing effect, and when you make a specific style for a song, it is It is not obvious to have a satisfying guitar rhythm part with the chords you want, this is particularly true for intros and endings.
The solution, in this case, would be to be able to use the multi guitar pads of which some correspond to what we want in these two parts in the style creator, for example in Chord 1 or 2. But if these pads follow the harmonies when playing the style, they do not react to chords and especially do not record in Style Creator, so the question is simple: does anyone know the trick or midi setting that would allow you to use these multi pads in Style Creator to get what I described above without go through a DAW and copy the part on C hord 1 or 2?
Of course, the problem does'nt exist for the others Variations because we can copy  differents guitar parts with Assembly Function.
I think that with an appropriate midi setting, it should be possible but I did not find the trick.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Regards
Seagull29

Offline Joe H

Re: Multi Pads and Style Creator
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 07:29:37 PM »
If you have a copy of StyleMagic your in luck.

You can convert Multi Pads to style Parts by loading a Multi Pad into StyleMagic (you must change the file extension from .pad to .mid first)

You can now convert the MP to a style file and save.  You will have to move the Pads from channels 1-4 to channels 12 - 16. Once the MP is a 4-part style file, you can use Style Creator Assembly to copy any of the converted Pads into another style.

If you don't own a copy of StyleMagic... there will be a learning curve.

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:38:31 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Seagull29

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:44:31 PM »
Hi,
thanks for this solution BUT I'd like to use MP directly because, even I can play straight my guitar part, I can't quantize it in Multi Pad Creator, so, I must use a an external DAW to quantize.  And I have just a demo copy of Style Magic YA with no possibility of save my files.
But It's also a good way and I keep it in a corner of my brain.
Have a nice Evening
Seagull29 from Germany

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 09:50:40 PM »
If you are talking about recording using a MIDI guitar then just record using the Song sequencer.  You can quantize with that.  Then save as a MIDI file.  you can then create a Multi Pad from the MIDI file using PadMaker-Midi.

https://psrtutorial.com/MB/padmakermidi.html

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Seagull29

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 10:59:45 AM »
Hi,
I'm talking about use multipad as when we play to record DIRECTELY from the keyboard to the Chord 1 part, for example, in style creator without use an external soft to play a chords sequence in Intro and Ending.  Otherwise, I can directly do my bit of sequence on a DAW and send it from my computer to the keyboard after doing the quantize of the sequence.
 So, back to square one, I have to use an external app.
If you have an internal solution with midi setting of keyboard, I take it !

Regards
Seagull29

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 03:11:36 PM »
I think you will have to use software on the computer to do what you want to do. To my knowledge there is no way to record a Multi Pad directly to a style Part on the keyboard.

Joe H

Seagull29

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 05:47:03 PM »
Hi,
After experiment, there is still a curious thing that I noticed.
First, you can record the multi pad by creating a midi song directly and putting the CASM. The latter follows the chords well and is recorded well in the midi song internally.
 Another curious thing, if, in the style creator, by not putting any track in recording, one launches a pad with empty, this last makes play a chord of C major. On the other hand, if you put, for example, the track Chord 1 in recording and that the pad is launched, this one makes then play a chord of Do M 7, ie with the note B in addition. So, there must be a connection somewhere for this chord to change according to the basic standard of style chords!

Regards
Seagull29

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 07:50:14 PM »
C-E-G allows Major chords and minor chords

C-E-G-B  allows Major7 and minor7 chords.

Joe H

Seagull29

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »
Hi,
Absolutely but then, how to explain the change of chord of simple major in chord of 7th major of the pad played without touching the keyboard when putting a track like Chord 1 in recording in Style Creator?
That's what seems odd to me!
 Try, you'll see!

Enjoy the rest of the evening

Seagull29