Author Topic: New Muti pad tab in the mixer  (Read 9132 times)

Offline reya

New Muti pad tab in the mixer
« on: November 06, 2019, 02:17:32 PM »
A post in the Genos section of this forum led me to notice soimething strange on my SX900

On page 80 of the user manual (Mixer section) it says
"Use this display when you want to adjust the balance among the four Audio Link Multi Pads."
(they are referring to a mixer display)

On page 87 of the data list manual it says about multipads in the mixer
- We should be able to switch each multi pad on or off
- We should be able to set, volume, pan, chorus and reverb for each multi pad.

However when I open the Multi pad tab in the mixer, there are no controls for setting volume, pan, chorus, reverb ..... Only the possibility of switching on/off
Maybe I am doing something wroing ... Does anyone get these controls ?

Also according to to the data list manual, none of settings (on/off and volume, pan ....) can be saved to registration file.
I can only test the on/off and I can confirm, they cannot be saved to a registration file.
If none of these controls can be saved to a registration file, then I wonder ....  what can be the use of having these controls?

Best regards
Rudy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:20:58 PM by reya »
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline reya

Re: New Muti pad tab in the mixer
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:25:39 PM »
ok, I seem to have read the manuals a bit to hasty ..... :-[

The manuals speak about Audio Link multi pads, when talking about, volume, pan, reverb, chorus ....
These are not available for midi audio pads ....

Which is what I am seeing ....

Se the only thing left about my previous post is .....

If the on/off cannot be saved to a registration file, then I wonder ....  what can be the use of having them?

Best regards
Rudy
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 02:28:24 PM by reya »
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 03:50:01 PM »
I agree, it is a little bit confusing.
One can adjust the volume or balance of the Multipads 'on the fly' by using the Live Control knobs. Those setting can saved in the Reg.Memories.
There is still much to discover and learn

Sometime I think that it was not completely ready and hopefully a update from Yamaha makes it better working? It is a little bit 'trial and error'  ;)

When one uses the Live Control knobs you can adjust e.g. the volume of the Multipad. Allthought you can check in the Tab Multipad 1, 2, 3 of 4 it seems have no influence on the volume of an particular MPad, only on the volume of the 4 pads.
When you assign in the Live Control knobs 1 and 2: volume and balance: the both knobs influence each other??

Yamaha should inform us better, as the manuals are not very clear about those features.

I guess this (about volume)  will be repaired in future updates?

[attachment deleted by admin]
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »
You save the multi pad bank you want to use into a registration along with your other setting. You can then adjust the volume you want it to play back at and if required save Synchro Start for the pad you want on each registration button that you are using. Note that if you are using a repeating Pad you have to turn it of when you want it to finish.

tino1

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 02:56:00 AM »
very clear and helpful , thank you very nice Eileen .