Author Topic: emc styleworks with Genos error help!!  (Read 82624 times)

Offline Jørgen

Re: emc styleworks with Genos error help!!
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2019, 10:49:20 PM »

Is there not any transposing up and down to get the midi file to C.
Or, is it an automatic conversion once all is in place.

Automatic...
Just load a MIDI file and begin to select parts... etc.
Check http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/midi2style/howto.htm for demo examples... will give you the basic knowledge...
Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2019, 12:07:17 AM »
Hi Jorgen

That is great if it is automatic.
I have looked at other programs like Styleworks from Midisoft  and is a bit long winded. EMC Styleworks has lost the plot now.
I got so far and then you have to transpose and watch what you do with Bass etc
I is hard to understand the man's accent on the video on Utube

So, If it is just following your guidlines and the converting ,that would be great.
I will have a go at this tomorrow and the weekend and let you know how i got on. I like the layout of your program.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline valimaties

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2019, 07:49:51 PM »
I is hard to understand the man's accent on the video on Utube

LOL

It is a video John, so put it on mute, to NOT hear the strange accent and see what he is doing right there and do it yourself ;) It is not so difficult :)

PS: I see is more difficult for English people to understand non-English, but non-English people understand perfectly! It is strange and funny in the same time :)))
Seems, we, non-English people, we speak and write in "our" English language, and we understand each other :)))) LOL

Cheers,
Vali
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:53:21 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2019, 10:57:15 PM »
Hi Val
I have gone throught the video and got as far as the bass track and velocity up and down bits.
I have to go over that part a few times to understand and the guy is too quick on the mouse.
He keeps saying SEXY :P instead of SECTION :-\  and CHESUK instead of CHECK ;D. My English humour!! ::) Everything is SEXY!! ;D. Why not SAUSAGES!! :P
I do think people from other countries than England can speak better English than our own people today half the time.
In England we were never taught other languages in the 50's and 60's. Not Compulsory. If you did it was usually French. I stuck with football!! :D
I will keep going over these programs until i get there.
I will put on mute !!

All the Best
John. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:02:04 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Joe H

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2019, 12:13:49 AM »
John,

You can always pause the video at any time and make notes of what you see with onscreen procedure

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2019, 10:37:37 AM »
Hi joe
I think the penny is dropping now  ;D ;D
I was only having a joke with Vali. My silly English humour!!

Just getting my head around the Transposing and aligning the Inversions.
All the rest i understand fully.
This is with style magic.
I also having a look at Jorgens Midi2 Style.
I do like Style Magic as it is very responsive and does not appear to be any qirks.
I just do not like the Piano roll. I wish it was more like Cubase.

All the Best
John

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »
Hi
On Jorgen,s  Midi2 Style  I made a fresh install of Java and the Midi2style program and it worked fine a few days ago.( also used java uninstall tool to check whether it was off my system). I could do with that cup of coffee now!! ;D

I have just updated my System Image of my computer because i have purchased the Cubase upgrade to 10.5.
I sat down today to give midi2style a proper go and guess !!.that java.lang.NullPointerException re-surfaced again.
I have now uninstalled the lot  as it also had a 0x something 57 on the end exception caused by the Java program. Cannot remeber the full oX line.
I have searched all over and it seems that there is something in the midi2style coding that may be playing up.
I am not a programmer, but it is something in coding from what i have read. There is fixes with computer jargon, but that is above my head.
I also have just updated my Nvidia graphic card and wonder whether the card needed the latest Java update as well for all to work .
Just guessing , but i have no joy with Midi2Style at the moment.
Midisoft program is flawless and EMCStyleworks is a lame duck.
I have a great I7 multi-core computer, running win 10 latest and plenty of headroom or ram. No problems with computer as i have done a sfc/scannow, checkdisk, memory checks and system health is optimum as well as protection.

All the best
John
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:45:52 PM by ugawoga »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:31 PM »
John, you don't have to be disappointed. As long as there are a lot of programming languages, and each one uses some new or old Runtime files, there will be those kind of unpleasure. It is better that programmer is here with us, so if you want your error to be checked by program's programmer, start your program again, make some screenshots with those errors, and send to him. Maybe it is something he has to re-codding. In this way you will help others too ;)

Best regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2019, 09:51:56 PM »
HiVal

I have put the screenshot up of the problem in this thread .
I have done all i can to get up and running several installs and uninstalls with the same null pointer problem. Also used Java clean tool to inspect to see if any older version are lurking in the registry.
Some people do not get this problem like me ,so i have not a clue what is going on.
All i know is all my programs are working and my computer is lightning fast.
I typed in this problem or google and it seems that there is some form of codeing problem from the explanations ,but i do not know what all the values are or mean.
It is all chinese to me. If jorgens program is 100% ,then it is that java program with windows 10
I also got a exception and i cannot rememer it fully
It started woth 0x000075 something like that it did have 75 at the end.
I googled that and up came seveal fixes with clean programs which take you all the way and then want you to buy it before fixing the problem.
I have encountered these sort of programs which only give you more problems.. So i steer clear of them.
I will stick with midisoft as it runs like a dream.
Iwould like to know what the problem is though.

All the best
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:56:09 PM by ugawoga »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2019, 10:57:18 PM »

I also got a exception and i cannot rememer it fully
It started woth 0x000075 something like that it did have 75 at the end.

:) "something like that" is not a good problem to solve by a programmer. He needs EXACTLY the code  to search for and to find what is the problem.
BTW, I don't see any of your screenshots, I don't know why...

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2019, 11:35:08 AM »
Hi John

Have you tried to run other of my Java-based programs?

Check http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/software.htm

I can not find out if your problem is a specific midi2style software problem or a general Java problem.

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2022, 05:31:36 AM »

Does any computer wizard on this forum knows what this is---

This is on latest update. 9.99
I get an error    INVALID_DEVICE_NAME 263() when importing a midi file into Yamaha emc styleworks
Does anyone know what this means as i may have to go back to Klaus at Emc.

'' Style Works XT portable '' is the correct answer to the above question even if the software ... '' is as it is '' ... and you will no longer have problems with that error .

The second answer is - reinstalling the operating system, but with previous formatting , and you will not encounter the same error - '' INVALID_DEVICE_NAME 263 ''

Both the solutions have been successfully tested .

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2022, 09:42:05 PM »
Hi John

Have you tried to run other of my Java-based programs?

Check http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/software.htm

I can not find out if your problem is a specific midi2style software problem or a general Java problem.

Jørgen

Hi Jorgen

Yes i tried a few of your little programs without a problem.
Now windows 11 i could give it another go.
I was told that Java downloads were dodgy and that is why i never did install Java.
So we are at that null pointer thing.
I just have had a big problem with a Windows 11 update which needed me to expand my Recovery partition and with Mini tool wizard i had trigger finger and deleted the Recovery partion.
Oh no he says!!!--- i could not make a backup system image anymore.
I tried Aeomi backup , but i did not like it.
I took a chance and downloaded the Win 11 Iso and did a reinstall saving my programs and files and it worked . I got back my partition.
The problem now i had was that i found Microsoft were fiddling with the colours and all of my icons and vst's were all dull in colour.
I had to fiddle with windows personalization and  Nvidia control panel to get anywhere near a good readable and colourfull system.
Funny that the next Windows update did the trick.
Why do Microsoft keep fiddling with what works??

After all of that my fiend, i am at the end of my wits as i just want to make my music.
I will have another try later.
If someone got hold of EMC Stylworks and back engineered it they could make serious money.
I think that the copy right has ended , but someone with with computer skills could get a crack and do a number on it, Hey Del Boy!!  Only kidding or am I???
Oh well after a few family issues i can get back on with the music now.

All the Best