Author Topic: Converting Purchased Registrations  (Read 7002 times)

Offline adrianed

Converting Purchased Registrations
« on: November 03, 2019, 12:35:34 AM »
Hi Folks,
Just looking for some advice
I have a T2 and aT5
When I purchase Registrations I try to buy them to work on both keyboards
What should I do for best result, should I buy them for the T2 and convert a set for the T5 or do it the other way round
Also if they only come for the T3 which I don't have instead of T2 and I still have the T5 as well, would buying them for the T3 be a good idea and convert them to both the T2 and T5
I don't consider this to be cheating, I am only using them myself, it is common practice for players to convert registrations
Thankyou in Advance
Adrian
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 12:39:19 AM by adrianed »

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector

Offline Dick Rector

Re: Converting Purchased Registrations
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 01:27:05 AM »
If you don't know the wonderful and free program made by Murray Best, download it from this website. It will convert yammie keyboard rgt's to almost all models. Missing styles, voices and effects you have to adjust yourself of course.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

The following users thanked this post: adrianed

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 01:34:20 AM »
Here's the link to Murray's software:      https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

You must have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x installed to use the program. I think it is standard with Windows.

Joe H

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:14:51 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: adrianed

Offline adrianed

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 11:05:32 PM »
Thankyou Joe H and Dick,
I do have Murrays Registration Manager
I was asking which way round will I get the best result with the least missing voices or other bad effects Etc,
Perhaps no one knows
Thankyou for your replies though
Adrian ::) 8)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:17:17 PM by adrianed »

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 11:39:21 PM »
Hi Adrian,

it is (was) a great step from T2 to T5, so it is not easy to give the "right" answer here.

The least problems you will probably have when you adapt T2 Regs to the T5, because almost all Voices and Effects of the T2 should be in T5. Also the Styles have changed, and some T2 Styles are no longer in T5. But you can use T2 Styles on the T5, of course.

The opposite way (to adapt T5 Regs to the T2) will be more complex, in my view. In many cases, almost everything will have to be changed, because most content of the T5 is NOT available on T2.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 06:27:49 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline adrianed

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 04:37:46 AM »
Thanks Chris,
I think you are right, that makes sense, I was thinking that myself but its nice to get another view
Thanks again,
Regards,
Adrian