Author Topic: Tyros 5 owners should get the new Genos voice pack too  (Read 10877 times)

Offline DerekA

Tyros 5 owners should get the new Genos voice pack too
« on: November 02, 2019, 03:22:06 PM »
The traliers for the Genos 2.0 update suggest the update will include additional voices as the "Genos Superior Pack". They even suggest it includes a couple of premium packs that are currently available on the musicsoft website.

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/update.html#product-tabs

If  - as I suspect - this new content is provided as a YEM expansion pack, it would be a nice gesture if Yamaha also made it available to Tyros 5 owners. There's nothing in the tone generator that Genos does that Tyros 5 can't. OK we can't get the 3GB expansion memory upgrade but surely we can get this :)

So come on Yamaha - what about throwing a bone to loyal Tyros owners!

Offline DerekA

Re: Tyros 5 owners should get the new Genos voice pack too
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 01:49:44 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested, I did try loading the Genos Superior Pack into YEM (latest version). It said something like 'can't load pack, because no compatible instrument was found'. So they've somehow locked the pack so it doesn't work on Tyros.

Boo :(

Online Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 01:58:18 PM »
My guess it's where the Instruments ID/Info file have it's mission.
Most probably to avoid any unsuccessful installations and keep the copyrights restrictions alive.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 02:26:57 AM »
l can't imagine why Yamaha would give the superior pack to Tyros 5 owners seeing it's the previous model.
More likely they'll be hoping it's an incentive for Tyros 5 owners to maybe trade up to the Genos.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »
Genos has a completely different system now and that is what has made it possible to have this latest version 2 update which in many ways has given us a new keyboard. This can't be done on the Tyros range unfortunately.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »
Sorry with respect Eileen, I don't agree.

I'm talking specifically about the voice and style content, not the OS update which of course can only be applied to Genos.

Some of the Superior Pack voice and style content has been available on MusicSoft since the days of Tyros 4, so it wouldn't have been much of a hardship to share out the goodies.
Genos

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 03:39:54 PM »
yea, those 50 new Superior styles will work in my PSR S-950 keyboard, so they will obviously work in a Tyros 5 keyboard.

But then again that is why this forum is SOOOOoooooo popular with Yammie users. The members here provide thousands of additional styles to our members that Yamaha should be providing.  ;)

Working on 35 of these styles for our PSR users at the moment.

Regards
Drake

Seagull29

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 04:05:34 PM »
Hi,
I tried the 50 styles of the Superior Pack 2.0. They work well on the T5, but not completly because some use Revo and lack some sounds specific to Genos but, frankly, Yamaha had accustomed us to more than quality!
These styles, except 3 or 4, sound old in the instrumental parts and even if they were more thought for the German public (Schlager), they should come listen to the current German Schlager! No, frankly, it looks like they made the drawer funds!

Regards

Seagull29

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 11:48:23 AM »
These styles on Genos sound great and there are a lot of very useable ones. You need the playlist to give you the registrations and song titles and then you will see just how good they are.

Seagull29

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 12:40:30 PM »
Hi,

I'm sorry but as much I was amazed by the remixed styles and new styles of Genos at its release, as these bonus styles do not arrive at the ankle! I do not speak of the sound but of the musical content of the different instrumental parts.
Honestly, there is nothing transcendent about this bonus.
Maybe 50 years of professional music have made me demanding on quality!

Regards

Seagull29

Offline newkey20

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2019, 08:37:36 PM »
How can I install the Superior Pack 2.0 on my Tyros 5?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2019, 08:57:38 PM »
Newkey20, you can't. The pack is tailored for Genos. It also needs the Genos to be updated to the latest version 2.0 to work.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline DerekA

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 10:13:40 AM »
Well that was exactly my point Francesco, most (if not all) of the content would work just fine on Tyros 5. It seems a little unfair to give them away free to Genos owners but still expect Tyros owners to pay for them.

Anyway I solved the problem for myself by trading up to a Genos :)

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 10:29:43 AM »
Which is what they hoped you would do!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 12:16:26 PM »
Yes, sales tricks almost always work!😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 02:49:38 PM »
I think it would take more than a free pack to make a person change to Genos which is a far better to operate keyboard once used to it and has a lot more going for it.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2020, 03:21:47 PM »
I must agree. I love my T5, but have to admit the Genos is better in so many ways!
Toril S

and PSR-47.