Author Topic: Step Programming Songs/Chords  (Read 5261 times)

Tiki Dave

Step Programming Songs/Chords
« on: November 02, 2019, 02:52:35 AM »
Aloha All,
    Pardon me if this topic has been covered before, but I'm an extreme newbie around here. I have just picked up the PSR-SX700, and seem to remember that in the older versions of this keyboard, you used to be able to "step" in chord changes to write songs. Is this just a fever dream from my deep dark past  :D or is this a thing? While I'm going to use this for playing MIDI files, there are some songs that my wife and I do that have NEVER been programmed, and I'd like to use something other than Band In A Biz for programming these tunes.

I remember it being a rather arduous process, but I was able to get pretty good at it eventually...but now I completely forget how I did it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Mahalo,
Dave

Offline ton37

Re: Step Programming Songs/Chords
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 05:46:39 AM »
Hi Dave, welcome on the forum with a lot of knowledge and helpful members  ;)
Maybe this could be helpful for you?
YAMAHA Genos Workshop #4 - STEP RECORD by Alois Muller. It is for a Genos, but it is on the SX the same procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=JoQLpGJAfdM

It is a German-spoken video, but the images speak for themselves. You could use 'automatic translation' if you whish.

Enjoy your SX700
My best regards,
Ton

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 05:37:11 PM »
Page 81 of the PSR-SX700 Reference Manual.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 11:56:10 PM »
Page 81 of the PSR-SX700 Reference Manual.

Hi Dave,

if you have not already done so, I recommend to download all three (3) SX900 User Manuals here (Owner's Manual, Reference Manual, Data List):

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:58:31 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)