Author Topic: Making of True (Spandau Ballet) Cover by Olly Woo on Yamaha Genos Keyboard  (Read 4912 times)

markusthegeek

Please find the link to my YouTube channel in my bio.
See why it took me 16 days to make this cover song with 2 - 3 hours per evening. I will cover everything from selecting the right voices, customizing the voices, recording the drums and instruments for each part in styles, combining the styles into a song, recording harmonies and melodies into the song, and finally selecting the voices for live play. This also includes the building of a breath controller for the saxophone solo, and the addition of another compressor and a small mixer to make the kick drum fatter and have the bass duck out of the way whenever the kick drum hits.
https://youtu.be/iSPLvBLGeIE

Phil100956

Re: Making of True (Spandau Ballet) Cover by Olly Woo on Yamaha Genos Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »
It is a truly amazing demonstration thank you

Offline Karlos

Re: Making of True (Spandau Ballet) Cover by Olly Woo on Yamaha Genos Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 08:38:30 AM »
Hi Markus, is there no end to your talents...lol.

What a great tutorial and it shows that you are a perfectionist, dedicated to getting the exact sounds and feel to create these wonderful 80''s covers. I take my hat off to you my friend......always looking to enhance your videos and this one is by far your best one yet. Love the shorter condensed length, great audio, lighting and camera angles...and that breath controller....wow ...just genius.

Thanks for showing us what is possible with the Genos, some knowledge and 16 days or so.... 8)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 08:40:15 AM by Karlos »