Author Topic: Psr-sx900 won't proceed to main display after turning on. Pls help!  (Read 34574 times)

Boon5280

Hi everyone,
I just bought a UDWL01 wireless adapter and tried to install it to my PSR-SX900 keyboard last night. Everything was working fine until this morning, when i turn on the keyboard it wouldn't proceed to the main display screen. It just stucked at the Logo screen.
I look up the owner manual, they do address the issue in the troubleshooting. But i left the keyboard on for hours and it still stucks at the logo screen. What should i do to fix this?  Can anyone help me? Thank you.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Toril S

Re: Psr-sx900 won't proceed to main display after turning on. Pls help!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 10:50:23 PM »
Did you remove the wireless adapter? If you have any USB drives connected remove them also.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Boon5280

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 11:10:03 PM »
I tried both remove before turn on and leave it on before turning on. Neither working!

Offline Ingar

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 11:32:08 PM »
Maybee turn it on while pressing down Start/Stop, playlist or ...? Hope it works out. Keep us informed.

Best Regards Ingar

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 11:45:56 PM »
I don't know if this will restart the keyboard.Is there anything important that may be deleted in the user area and you want to keep it?
Then wait for a better answer from someone who knows better about these stuff. 

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/how-do-i-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-yamaha-tyros-5/

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/what-factory-reset-procedure-for-yamaha-portable-keyboard/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QK0g3dOZqhg

Offline Patrick

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 12:33:36 AM »
Hi, my S970 was also stuck on the Yamaha logo, Nothing to do! The mother board was dead! I was just playing like Always and one day, i've just had this problem; i've had to change my mother board and now it's alive again; all the best Patrick

Boon5280

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 12:41:05 AM »
Thank you panos, i probably have to tried to reset that way as the last solution and hope it works. I also contact the yamaha support and they refer me bring the keyboard to the yamaha service center to take a look.
To patrick, its making me little panic as what happen to your keyboard (:)). But thank you for the input.

rcpilot

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 12:30:05 PM »
Patrick, I'm curious...did you change the board yourself?
Yamaha sold you a board?
Lee

blackpool

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 03:43:53 PM »
I HAVE VERY SAME ISSUE
Just got main screen and nothing - Mine had to go back to Yamaha UK 2 weeks ago ... Even support could get nothing to load. .... How long I will be without mine I am not sure.

I am not tech. at alll.... but I think it has something to do with Favs. I was deleting individual saved styles when it happened ... The ref manual shows a VERY different way of saving styles and voices to favourite than I was used to doing on Genos????  You simply hold the icon and it yellow's up the left side, which worked on SX the same way as Genos, but maybe I should not have been doing this ???

I am really p ....  and sorry your having same problem but glad I am not home alone.... I only enjoyed my SX for 10 days before it went AWL ....

Hence not been on here since .....glad i have checked your post

Keith

Offline Patrick

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »
Hi Lee, the Yamaha dealer here, have repair my KB; I've my "old" mother board and it seems to be perfect! the technician said the mother board had to be replace; i've now an IBM mother board (i can see it on YEM); it cost me 1/3 of the price of the KB; it was my first problem with a Yamaha KB; i'm waiting for my PSR SX900 but the PSR S970 is a wonderfull KB as i'm Always surprise of the sound quality and still Learning a lot with it; have a nice weekend, cheers Patrick

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 01:19:50 PM »
Hi Keith,
Have you been in touch with Yamaha to see what is happening. I know that if it needed a part they now usually have to come from Germany but they are usually quite quick.

blackpool

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 02:26:22 PM »
Hi Eileen, Well Rimmers have taken it up now with Yamaha,
Daniel W. ( Yamaha UK ) tried to help me over the phone but it would not load with all the different button pressing combinations he gave me, could not even get a control screen up.!

Rimmers sent it back to Yamaha - will keep you posted.
Strange, this is the very first issue I have ever had with any Yamaha, ok the odd contact, but not a complete crash like this.
I told them I am away anyway on holiday, so I suppose they wont rush

Keith

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 10:07:45 PM »
Hi Eileen, Well Rimmers have taken it up now with Yamaha,
Daniel W. ( Yamaha UK ) tried to help me over the phone but it would not load with all the different button pressing combinations he gave me, could not even get a control screen up.!

Rimmers sent it back to Yamaha - will keep you posted.
Strange, this is the very first issue I have ever had with any Yamaha, ok the odd contact, but not a complete crash like this.
I told them I am away anyway on holiday, so I suppose they wont rush

Keith

Hi Keith,

Did you buy this brand new? And if so, why have they not replaced it completely? If mine had crashed like this I would expect a complete replacement or my money back.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 10:41:42 PM »
Hi Keith,

Did you buy this brand new? And if so, why have they not replaced it completely? If mine had crashed like this I would expect a complete replacement or my money back.

I think I would expect a complete replacement too. The keyboard is a only a few weeks old.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 12:04:06 AM »
Hi ,
Must admit I wouldn’t be too happy either, if they wanted to fix a keyboard that was only a few days old?( I think. )
Doesn’t seem terribly fair. It’s not like you dropped and broke it.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 12:31:41 AM »
I think it is just procedure that the keyboard has to go back to be inspected and checked over anyway.

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 01:20:19 AM »
Hi Eileen , I suppose, but poor Keith I think may have spent more time without it, than with.

I think it is just procedure that the keyboard has to go back to be inspected and checked over anyway.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

blackpool

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
Yes - Thanks for the sympathy...... If I was home I would be REALLY unhappy - but am away on holiday so its ok, well for now it is.

Rimmers do have a 14 day policy to 'replace' or refund, but they had no other stock to replace it with, well so they said.
I pre-ordered mine on a price match, so did not want a refund as I got such a good deal and thought if i re-bought later would need to pay more next time as I avoided the 6% rise as well as I ordered before the launch.

Will see what happens when i get home and report back

Thanks - Keith 

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2019, 05:06:13 PM »
Enjoy your holiday Keith, hopefully things will be sorted soon.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Misu

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 08:41:24 AM »
Sorry for Boon situation,
My SX-900 just come in and this post make me worry.
Hope to don't be a general issue.
Sorry again.
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline EileenL

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 10:58:34 AM »
I have had my SX900 since the end of September and it is working just with no problems.

Offline rgw

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 10:34:47 AM »
Likewise,

Richard.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
The worst thing you can say to someone with trouble with his keyboard is that you have had no trouble😀😀 Makes you feel even worse! So you have my derply felt sympathy. I know how you feel, been there myself.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:18:15 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »
Hi Toril,
  I think there are two ways to look at this. We all know that keyboards can go wrong although thankfully not very often. When one dose go wrong you have people jumping in and straight away start running down the keyboard. This is NOT good for people who have just purchased it or are thinking of doing so. As much as we feel sorry for that person and indeed try to help why should we not try to reassure people that there are a lot of us out there who are not having problems.

Offline alans

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »
Hi all

An interesting thread,as much as I feel sorry for those people having problems with their new SX900,we all know that sometimes faults do occur on new products,and it is only right that they are brought to the attention of the manufacturer and purchasers or prospective purchasers of these products.
Sometimes a product will slip through the net and is released for sale even after extensive trials and testing,ie.the Samsung exploding battery mobile phone,Whirlpool tumbledriers amd many new cars  that can be recalled for safety issues sometimes years after being bought.Surely it is right for these members who are experiencing problems with their keyboards to bring it to the attention of members.It could be that there are user errors and can be easily solved .I did not notice anyone running down Yamaha or the SX,just letting others know of their problems,which I sincerely hope will soon be solved.
Even Genos needed updates soon after release to rectify oversights that many purchasers soon pointed out.
What would other members think if there were problems and no one had brought them to light,how would that help anyone?
I hope no one thinks that I am pulling any manufacturer to bits,only saying that problems and faults do occur and  need to be brought to our and the manufacturers attention

Just my two penneth ;)

Best wishes to all

Alan
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:12:05 PM by alans »
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 01:57:32 PM »
I agree.  When issues with a new model manifest themselves it's not helpful to have folk jumping up and down.  However, if there are problems, however small or infrequent, then it should be brought up on a keyboard forum so potential and current customers are aware of such matters.

Quite frankly, I believe the faulty SX900 should have been replaced rather than the customer being given the 'double shuffle' by both the dealer and Yamaha.  The fact the dealer did not have one in stock was academic and a replacement should have been ordered.  Having shelled out the best part of £2,000 for a faulty new SX900 keyboard to be told it is being sent off for assessment and possible repair is very poor customer service.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 03:05:06 PM »
You see my point that before members know exactly what is happening they jump to conclusions and people are accused of bad service etc.
  These keyboards are becoming very popular and stores are awaiting fresh deliveries from fresh shipments. These as we know can take a while.
  I am sure .Blackpool will let us know what the problem was as soon as he can and how it was solved.

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 03:20:15 PM »
I'm sorry but neither alans or myself jumped to any coclusions.  Both responses were based entirely on the report given by the owner of the faulty SX900.

rcpilot

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »
I agree we need to know....I am thinking of getting one...IF many were dropping...I would wait....
YES the mfg should send a new one, take back the bad one and fix it and sell it as B stock....
Lee

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 01:21:39 AM »
I agree we need to know....I am thinking of getting one...IF many were dropping...I would wait....
YES the mfg should send a new one, take back the bad one and fix it and sell it as B stock....
Lee

Hi Lee,

I've had one now for nearly a month and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I really don't think there are many faulty SX900's out there otherwise I'm sure more people would have said by now. This thread shouldn't stop you from purchasing an SX900 at all, if anything, it should encourage you that many of us have not had problems and the issues seem isolated.

However if I was in your position whereby you wanted to purchase an SX900 right now, make sure the dealer you purchase it from will give you an assurance that if the unit became faulty that it will be exchanged immediately, without questions or faffing around, especially if you've only had it a few days or weeks, demand no less and if they can't give you that assurance find another dealer that would do. I would accept no less than a complete replacement. I am pretty sure that most decent reputable dealers would replace a faulty new board even if you had to wait a while if stock was low.

All the best,
Danny
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:24:20 AM by Danny1972 »

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2019, 03:41:23 AM »
First, perform a master system restoration, and if the problem persists, then it's time for a replacement under the warranty.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

blackpool

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »
Just an update

Re me having same issue as Boon ( original poster of issue )

My dealer sent mine away - Total loss of ANY memory, they cant explain the issue.

It has been written off and they have ordered me a new one today.

THIS IS A 'ONE OFF' and I must have just had a faulty unit. The national dealer has assured me they have NOT encountered any other problems.
I have never had any other issues with any other Yamaha arrangers. so I am not that concerned about it and am looking forward to getting the new one soon.

Keith

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2019, 08:06:26 PM »
Hi Keith,
Good to hear they’re sending you a new one.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

rcpilot

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2019, 09:43:28 PM »
Patrick, You have a IBM mother board in a Yamaha keyboard??
Huh?
Lee