Author Topic: .ppf to .yep?  (Read 18916 times)

d3spi

.ppf to .yep?
« on: October 31, 2019, 10:25:03 PM »
As far as I know, .ppf isn't supported on the s750. So how do I convert a .ppf expansion pack to a .yep? Jan did it for his Ultimate EDM pack but I haven't been able to figure out how he had done it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:58:11 PM by d3spi »

Offline pjd

Re: .ppf to .yep?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »
Hi --

Jan may have some magic that I don't know about, but I don't know of an automated way to convert PPF to YEP.

YEP format has never really been documented, even informally.

All the best -- pj

d3spi

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 06:21:54 PM »
Ah, oh well. I guess it's time to upgrade 😂
Thanks for the reply.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 07:57:49 PM »
It is likely that Jan did not convert the file... but created it especially for the S750 using a YEP software.  That's where he started creating packs in the first place. (for his S950)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

d3spi

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 08:16:41 PM »
Interesting. Do you happen to know where I can get it?

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 01:32:56 AM »
Hi --

The tool is Yamaha Expansion Voice Editor. Posters often refer to it as EVE.

Yamaha never officially released and distributed EVE. Interested folks had to use a cracked version in which the time-out was disabled. You'll see some old messages about EVE in messages from around 2014 or 2015. EVE had even more limitations than YEM.

Hope this helps -- pj

d3spi

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 01:34:36 AM »
That helps indeed, thanks.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 01:29:59 AM »
I've had to think about it... it's been awhile.  I never owned a S950 or S750.  There was two pieces of software... never used either one though.

The one pj mentioned is called YEP Voice Manager, which allowed you to create your own Voices. It was a hacked version and probably not to Yamaha's liking.

The other one was call YEP Style Organizer which is Public Domain and let you add/delete your own styles to a pack.  Not sure if it had bugs in it or not. I have no idea where you might find them.

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 01:31:53 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 07:43:11 AM »
Hi

Have tested these years ago. Can not remember my findings... ;)

Regards
Jørgen

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:44:13 AM by Jørgen »
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

d3spi

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 07:50:18 AM »
Thanks

I've had to think about it... it's been awhile.  I never owned a S950 or S750.  There was two pieces of software... never used either one though.

The one pj mentioned is called YEP Voice Manager, which allowed you to create your own Voices. It was a hacked version and probably not to Yamaha's liking.

The other one was call YEP Style Organizer which is Public Domain and let you add/delete your own styles to a pack.  Not sure if it had bugs in it or not. I have no idea where you might find them.

Joe H

d3spi

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 07:50:55 AM »
Thank you so much I appreciate it! I'll give them a try.

Hi

Have tested these years ago. Can not remember my findings... ;)

Regards
Jørgen