Author Topic: Horrible Aftersound  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Lyndyloo

Horrible Aftersound
« on: October 31, 2019, 09:38:04 PM »
   I was wondering  if anyone else found when changing  a voice particularly  OTS you sometimes get this awful screeching  aftersound , especially  when you are quick to press the r/h 4 buttons, I never had this problem  with my Tyros4. Quite annoying,  especially  if you were out gigging. 

Lynda

Offline panos

Re: Horrible Aftersound
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 10:13:42 PM »
Hi Lynda,
this happens to all models,new and old.
The effects that are causing this "trouble" are the DSP effects that each voice is using.
You must be aware of this problem and to solve it here is what you can do:

a) You should lift your right hand off the keyboard while switching between the OTS.
(That means you will not keep a sustained note although your musical sense force you to keep your fingers down :) )

b) You can disable the dsp effects that causes the problem with the voice edit menu and re-save the style/OTS

c)You can make some changes to the voices that way so the voices of the OTS 1 and the voices of the OTS 2 will use the same dsp effect.

i use a lot the dsp effects on my keyboard and I choose one of these methods.
It depends on the song which one I will choose better and sometimes I forget to raise my fingers on time :)
I don't like none of these methods  but....

The change between two voices without causing troubles in synthi  wolrld is called SSS: Seamless Sound Switching.

p.s.
If we have a left voice on with a dsp efect, it could cause the same "trouble" when we are switching to another voice.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:17:10 PM by panos »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »
Hi
It also helps to keep the style volumes the same volume which helps when changing on the 123456789 and 10 reg  buttons. (all parts in style)
Lots of things to learn as panos says , take your hands off before changing.
Things get tricky also using footpedal and Articulations. Takes time to master.

All the best
john :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:20:33 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Lyndyloo

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 10:27:01 PM »
 Thank you for helping me out, greatly  appreciated,  yes I think my problem is that I am pressing the buttons too fast ,not giving the sound that I am playing time to finish causing the problem, must remember  to use drum fillin  more would also help the situation  :)

Lynda