Author Topic: Text is missing  (Read 15779 times)

Offline Ingar

Text is missing
« on: October 30, 2019, 09:31:16 AM »
I wonder if anyone can tell me what's going on with registration and text files. I transferred all registrations and text files from Tyros 5 to sx 900 and it worked great at first even after turning sx off and on again, but now it looks like it is unstable. When I turned on sx 900 today, the connection between reg and text was broken. No text on any of the registrations. Not even when I loaded my own master reg

I had all the text files on a pen, and deleted the ones that were on the user and reloaded, and it was fine again. I should like to know why so I can prevent it from happening again.

Best Regards Ingar
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 09:34:11 AM by Ingar »

Re: Text is missing
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
Hi Ingar,
sorry can’t help with your question, but did you update the operating system when you received the sx.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline Ingar

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 12:42:44 PM »
Yes, I did that, first thing! ;D

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 01:17:36 PM »
I wonder if anyone can tell me what's going on with registration and text files. I transferred all registrations and text files from Tyros 5 to sx 900 and it worked great at first even after turning sx off and on again, but now it looks like it is unstable. When I turned on sx 900 today, the connection between reg and text was broken. No text on any of the registrations. Not even when I loaded my own master reg

I had all the text files on a pen, and deleted the ones that were on the user and reloaded, and it was fine again. I should like to know why so I can prevent it from happening again.

Best Regards Ingar

Ingar,

Your problem is the registrations can’t find the text files. That’s because they’re not where you told them they would be.

So the first question is: where did you tell the registrations the text files would be?

On a Tyros, typically files are on the hard drive, which the SX does not have..

Post one of your problem registrations so we can take a look at it for you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 01:31:30 PM »
Because you have moved them you may now have to relink them where you plan to keep them.

The following users thanked this post: Ingar

Offline Ingar

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »
Because you have moved them you may now have to relink them where you plan to keep them.
Yes, after I reload them the link is now working again as it was. I used textfiles the day before, but when i turn on the keyboard today, it was not working. It must have been something I`ve done, and I wonder what? Maybee the best way is to save them all over again one by one on sx 900 to make them stable?

Best Regards Ingar

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 04:42:11 PM »
Yes, after I reload them the link is now working again as it was. I used textfiles the day before, but when i turn on the keyboard today, it was not working. It must have been something I`ve done, and I wonder what? Maybee the best way is to save them all over again one by one on sx 900 to make them stable?

No. Don't do that.

Flailing away at loading and unloading your files won't solve your problem.

You simply need to keep your files in the place you told the registrations to find them.

If it helps, I have thousands of text files. I've never had a problem with my registrations finding them, as long as I keep them where they are supposed to be.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Ingar

Offline Ingar

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
Yes, I`ve re-linked all of them, and everething works great. Some registrations from Tyros 5 content error links and that created some problems. Thanks a lot  ;D

Best Regards Ingar
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:37:12 PM by Ingar »

Offline Ingar

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 03:53:05 PM »

You simply need to keep your files in the place you told the registrations to find them.

I`ve been on a steep learning curve.  What I told Tyros 5 where to find textfiles did not work on sx900 which just linked to USB pen. Everything is ok now. Thank you for  answering ;D

Best Regards Ingar