Author Topic: Bonus Playlist Genos actually works on the SX  (Read 16567 times)

Offline ton37

Bonus Playlist Genos actually works on the SX
« on: October 28, 2019, 09:16:33 PM »
Hi, I don't know if anyone has already tried this?. Still, I want to point this out to you.  I have the Genos Bonus Playlist on my USB in one Map (*.rgt files). It is surprising that a lot of songs from this playlist works great on the SX900. Here and there, maybe some adjustments to make and you can make a great playlist for the SX for yourself.
PS. you can download the Bonus Playlist for the Genos from the Yam.site.
My best regards,
Ton

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, au22ru

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Bonus Playlist Genos actually works on the SX
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 09:38:42 PM »
Are you aware that there is a 'Bonus Playlist for SX900' available to download on the SX900 Product/Downloads page?

Presumably the registrations in this will all work on the SX900 without tweaking.

Regards

Ian

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 09:57:52 PM »
Thank you Ian,  I know. But the Genos Playlist offers more songs and more registration memories (5/6). The SX bonus playlist offers only 1 RM. Allthought you can use the OTS? But as I said, maybe one can use it to enlarge ones repertoire/own playlist?
My best regards,
Ton

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 10:28:37 PM »
This is great information, thank you Ton!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline rgw

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »
I have the Genos Playlist on my SX900. The 2 extra memories are for the Intro and Ending Buttons.
So effectively still 4 rhythm variations.The voicing seems to be the same as the OTS Voices which come with the selected Rhythm, certainly on the Songs that I have tried.

Richard.

Offline ton37

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 07:33:42 PM »
Not all are the same, @rgw. (Allthought a have only compared 10/15 *rgt) When you do a search by the songname, then one gets mostly as a result a Genos.rgt and a SX.rgt . Indeed there is a propriate intro and outro in the G-rgt. Sometimes the voices are different, sometimes voices are missed (e.g. SA2) . If and how one whishes to use and/or compare the two versions is a personal choice. I only intended  to inform the SX-owners that it can be used, with its possibilities and limitations. ;)

Just one example to show what I meant: Once Upon a time in the West … The G.rgt sounds great!. But the SX.rgt is wrong (Intro 2 = Argentina), it has to be Intro 3 (Once ..). The OTS settings of the SX Playlist 'Once Upon..' are therefore also not right.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:12:37 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline rgw

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 05:54:40 PM »
Point taken Ton

Richard.